Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag: I have polarizing opinions (see what I did there haha I suck at puns)

dan.io.wal

I love Mag's theme. When I looked at her kit for the first time, I immediately wanted to be like magneto from X-Men. I wanted to absolutely dominate the enemy in every way possible... However, when I got Mag and worked with her, I learned she has one useful skill, and even that's a stretch: Magnetize. It can be crazy amazing with certain weapons, but otherwise, it's a gimmick at best. So I have a few suggestions for her kit. I'm not saying I'm a mag main, I'm just going to suggest what I think would make her better.

#1, and most importantly. Change the prime helmet. It's detestable. It's the main reason why I bought not one, but two tennogen skins. (S.O to @HitsuSan and @Faven_PS) for her. Please make her look less like a miner with poor fashion sense?

#2: Abilities. 

Pull is fine. It's a decent first ability, and works well for quick cc if needed. 

Magnetize is also fine. It's her bread and butter at the moment, and with the Lenz, Lanka, and Zakti, it's godly. 

Shield Polarize: I have two thoughts on this. I like that it's duration based, works well with building for Magnetize. However, it does nothing to the infested and even more nothing to the grineer. It only does significant things to the corpus, and even then it's only effective up to lv. 30. So I have an idea for a replacement ability: Polarize. When cast, it sends out a wave of magnetic energy that debuffs the aim of your enemies, and steals enemy shields for yourself and allies, reducing the enemy shields. It would still be most effective against corpus, but at least it'll do something against grineer. 

Crush: There are some ultimates that are rather underwhelming in warframe. This is possibly the worst of the bunch. Please scrap it completely, and instead, an ability based off how magnetic energy can affect the blood system. We aren't able to create a magnet powerful enough to literally rip the iron out of someone's blood system, rendering the blood cells useless. However, who's to say that the Orokin weren't able to? So, here's the ability: (Name needed) Mag sends out a massive wave of energy, magnetizing an entire area over time. The iron from enemie's blood is ripped from their bodies with extreme prejudice, and converted over time into bonus armor for mag and her allies, as well as small magnetic fields that stun enemies. 

These are just my thoughts on her, but I'd love to see what the community thinks. She deserves a better place than the butt of most jokes in warframe. #MakeMagGreatAgain

Polarize (imo) is fine. Its damage is minor, but it does several utility and support things besides.

Crush is almost good. It struggles against tankier units in the game (who mostly resist Magnetic damage), but its damage is on par with other ultimate abilities. What's lackluster about it is that damage is the only thing it provides, except maybe the benefit of holding foes in place for a few seconds. To make Crush a good ability, it's been suggested that it slowly pull enemies within its radius toward Mag. If you want, it could even act as though it were magnetically attracting enemies to each other. This would be an excellent omni-directional pairing with Magnetize, and it would fill out Mag's theme of high-damage zone control.

Polarize is a permanent, mass Armor shred, that's useful against Grineer (and more) at any level.

Also, I really don't get why nobody else seems able to easily kill Grineer groups with it
like I'm doing at just +25% Strength (and 235% Range, delivering huge bursts). It seriously perplexes me.

The only thing that really needs looking at IMO is its performance against Infested,
along with making its Augment useful against all Factions and giving Overshields to other players.

Crush I find to do its job ~well enough, it's a simple non-LOS nuke, with some CC, and a scaling Augment. Neat.
Mind you, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to some added benefits, heh.

Magnetize though should be "equalized" in that you'll get significant contributions to its DOT and burst
no matter the weapon you're using, currently there's a definite "best" weapon list.

And yeah, her Passive ... lol