Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery tests harder, not fair to new players

Netninja007

I see the powers were disabled, not fair to new players. On top of the 24 hour thing has to go or it's going to really kill people playing it. Made a game fun to play more like taking a school test. I want a challenge but not a thing to piss me off to the point I want to throw my computer. Been playing over two months and unlocked almost all the planets and at mastery 7 but 8 is just ridiculous with 24 hour wait. I think this is one of the most awesome games out there and even bought a few credit s awhile back...going to uninstall soon maybe :(

1. If you go to any Relay, Cephalon Simaris has Mastery Test practices available that do not affect your actual test (meaning if you fail a practice you don't need to wait 24 hours to do it again or take the real thing)

2. Mastery Rank is not a very important aspect of Warframe, and is certainly should not be a reason to uninstall the game. the only thing it restricts is a select amount of weapons and Syndicate daily standing max, but even then it's not exactly a pressing issue. 

The mr 8 test looks pretty doable imo. Uses movement in a way that players should know by that point as its important for fast movement through all the usual maps.

Go to the relay and train that test and try to apply it in general game running. That way fast movement will become second nature.

Just think it sucks that they used to allow powers. I can pass this on practice but with the pressure of 24 hours I always blow it. I have played most of the content already so I guess screw mastery, don't need it really but it's a shame. I have practiced bullet jumping a lot but I guess key macro on pc might help, but over shooting is always a problem regardless. The only other fault I can find in the game is that nobody uses kubros because they cost money to maintain. Love the game though just not 80's arcade jumping crap. I'll keep practicing, maybe in a few weeks or months it will happen...ha ha ha, not fun, I'll unlock everything before I'm mastery 8.

Just put a reward on doing a MR in one go. Similar to daily runs in BoI or Spelunky. You can only get on the leaderboard in your first run, but nothing stops you from replaying the daily run after you've failed. You just won't get on the leaderboard.

Now imagine some system where getting through the MR in one go gets you a nice load of credits and materials - but if you fail, you can either wait until the next day and score the goodies - or you can just bullrush the MR just so you can make it within the same day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 9:13 PM, Airwolfen said:

The mr 8 test looks pretty doable imo. Uses movement in a way that players should know by that point as its important for fast movement through all the usual maps.

Go to the relay and train that test and try to apply it in general game running. That way fast movement will become second nature.

Yet there is no instance where you will use anything anywhere in the game every planet every mission all the way to Void Mot you will never have to bullet jump climb or do anything like you have to do in MR8. So my question is what good are MR tests other then pushing new players away from the game? Sorry case in point another paying customer is over having to wait 24 hours to do the test that you will never use in the game. 

MR tests need to actually be useful to the population not a wall in the game that causes players to rage quit. And with a whopping population of around 20 to 30 thousand players a month cant really afford to push too many new players away. Simple fact is if a player hits a road block can't advance they are not going to go practice, they will go play another game. I have nerve damage in my hands from a auto accident I do everything in the game except MR tests, I was told by another player that since I can not physically do a MR test I should leave the game. My question is what am I missing out on I do "endgame" now MR 7, I don't have Oberon prime wdf I don't have Tigris prime wdf. I don't have Rives wdf. And I don't spend money on the game its f2p for me even though I love it and have a lot of fun even with a $500.00 dollar a month gaming budget. 

What I don't get is Warframe is a game about individual frames each frame has a set of skills and abilities that players are supposed to learn and master, yet you can't use said  frames skills or abilities to take MR tests.

2 hours ago, Devils_Toybox said:

Yet there is no instance where you will use anything anywhere in the game every planet every mission all the way to Void Mot you will never have to bullet jump climb or do anything like you have to do in MR8. So my question is what good are MR tests other then pushing new players away from the game? Sorry case in point another paying customer is over having to wait 24 hours to do the test that you will never use in the game. 

MR tests need to actually be useful to the population not a wall in the game that causes players to rage quit. And with a whopping population of around 20 to 30 thousand players a month cant really afford to push too many new players away. Simple fact is if a player hits a road block can't advance they are not going to go practice, they will go play another game. I have nerve damage in my hands from a auto accident I do everything in the game except MR tests, I was told by another player that since I can not physically do a MR test I should leave the game. My question is what am I missing out on I do "endgame" now MR 7, I don't have Oberon prime wdf I don't have Tigris prime wdf. I don't have Rives wdf. And I don't spend money on the game its f2p for me even though I love it and have a lot of fun even with a $500.00 dollar a month gaming budget. 

What I don't get is Warframe is a game about individual frames each frame has a set of skills and abilities that players are supposed to learn and master, yet you can't use said  frames skills or abilities to take MR tests.

1. Bullet jumping and wall running NEEDS to be a general skill. If by mr 8 someone does not know that then honestly this will hopefully teach that skill.

2. If there is a main problem with the 24 hour lock then that would be that the testing area in the relay is never introduced in game. Next to that, it is no problem when you actually train for the test.

No not really have frames like Titania can fly and as I said before I have never used a singe thing I learned in the first 7 MR tests other then how to build ciphers, and from watching the next videos I would not learn a dam thing from them either.

And its not a problem if people cant pass it or rage quit it really dont matter to me either but in the end its customers that leave. As I said before I don't spend money here I can't physically do MR8 because of nerve damage.

Other's might just get stuck on a MR they might run it over and practice numerous times and still fail. That being said those people are not going to invest time or money into the game when there are so many games out there that are f2p, they will move on. Now you might not care if they give up and move on to another game but losing potential paying customers is like punching yourself in the nose, not very bright for one and it makes little to no sense at all.

Everyone screams games about high mobility and speed yet you don't really use it. Most of the missions your defending a area killing a set number of NPC,s. The only time you have to worry about speed is when doing capture mission and guess what even Atlas can keep up with your target with out speed mods in. 

5 hours ago, Devils_Toybox said:

Everyone screams games about high mobility and speed yet you don't really use it. Most of the missions your defending a area killing a set number of NPC,s. The only time you have to worry about speed is when doing capture mission and guess what even Atlas can keep up with your target with out speed mods in. 

I use it all the time... because I don't find it fun to walk around and soak in the scenery of a place I've been to thousands of times when my objective has already been completed, or I find it unnecessary to kill things when that's not my objective so I don't. Complete the objective then GTFO because the rest is just wasting time.

This is the heart of the reason why people who actually play this game can easily complete the MR8 test.

What I got from the OP:
He wants a challenge, but at the same time he doesn't want a challenge. The Mastery Test is challenging for him, and that's why he doesn't want to do the test.

I'm quite confused.
If you got to Rank 8 without ever using parcour 2.0, then practice it. If you don't want to practice it, then just keep on sitting at Rank 8 and never rank up. That's how things work in this game. If you don't like it, then you are probably not the sort of player DE is looking for.

6 hours ago, Devils_Toybox said:

Other's might just get stuck on a MR they might run it over and practice numerous times and still fail. That being said those people are not going to invest time or money into the game when there are so many games out there that are f2p, they will move on. Now you might not care if they give up and move on to another game but losing potential paying customers is like punching yourself in the nose, not very bright for one and it makes little to no sense at all.

You make it sound like there is an alarming amount of people getting stuck at these tests.  Except we know that isn't true.

Getting stuck at a certain spot in a videogame is normal. Always has been for decades on all systems, of all genres.
People use:
a) guides
b) cheat codes / exploits
c) let somebody else pass that particular difficult part for them 
d) give up

Those are the options. Always have been for every game out there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2017 at 5:24 AM, Devils_Toybox said:

No not really have frames like Titania can fly and as I said before I have never used a singe thing I learned in the first 7 MR tests other then how to build ciphers, and from watching the next videos I would not learn a dam thing from them either.

And its not a problem if people cant pass it or rage quit it really dont matter to me either but in the end its customers that leave. As I said before I don't spend money here I can't physically do MR8 because of nerve damage.

I agree with you. The 24 hour cooldown serves no purpose except to frustrate people and make them quit playing. On top of that, bullet jumping of the kind of needed in MR8 or MR11 doesn't exist in the game. Except in one side quest that can be ignored. There is really no point to have Mastery Tests when there are other measures of progression in the game. They are a needless wall that ruins the fun of this game. Seems to me the only people who defend MR Tests and the surrounding BS are fanboys who defend anything DE does, or people who like yelling "GIT GUD!" at noobs.

What I really can't understand is why DE continues to allow MR tests to exist when the tests are literally getting people to quit the game, which ultimately costs them money.

21 minutes ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

On top of that, bullet jumping of the kind of needed in MR8 or MR11 doesn't exist in the game.

It doesn't exist if you don't use it, but if you did you would notice how much you can do with it.

The simplest and quickest example I can give you

Spoiler

I want to get over to D
Warframe0007.jpg

I could go over to the stairs and take several seconds...
Warframe0008.jpg
Warframe0009.jpg
Warframe0010.jpg

Or I could just bullet jump reach that ledge and be on D on 3 seconds
Warframe0011.jpg
Warframe0012.jpg
Warframe0013.jpg

Edited by Dwolfknight

5 hours ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

I agree with you. The 24 hour cooldown serves no purpose except to frustrate people and make them quit playing. On top of that, bullet jumping of the kind of needed in MR8 or MR11 doesn't exist in the game. Except in one side quest that can be ignored. There is really no point to have Mastery Tests when there are other measures of progression in the game. They are a needless wall that ruins the fun of this game. Seems to me the only people who defend MR Tests and the surrounding BS are fanboys who defend anything DE does, or people who like yelling "GIT GUD!" at noobs.

What I really can't understand is why DE continues to allow MR tests to exist when the tests are literally getting people to quit the game, which ultimately costs them money.

Sure it does, it's the penalty for failing. Yep failing has a penalty. Boo hoo. Don't fail. If you do fail, you have the penalty of ,gasp!. waiting a whole day to try again, but still collecting all mastery points anyway.  Everything can't be easy, everything can be "do it over and over again until you luck out and get it" kind of easy.

If someone is quitting over an MR test then good riddance, they will likely find something actually worth quitting over in the game pretty soon anyway.

7 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Sure it does, it's the penalty for failing. Yep failing has a penalty. Boo hoo. Don't fail. If you do fail, you have the penalty of ,gasp!. waiting a whole day to try again, but still collecting all mastery points anyway.  Everything can't be easy, everything can be "do it over and over again until you luck out and get it" kind of easy.

If someone is quitting over an MR test then good riddance, they will likely find something actually worth quitting over in the game pretty soon anyway.

Who exactly are you trying to impress here? 

@Netninja007 Yeah, I'm gonna try and he helpful here. Listen, I just ran the MR8 practice to see what you could potentially having a problem with. First off, take your time. It isn't timed and overall is really straight forward. I mean that literally, it's a straight line the whole time. I also did this with Ash, so I don't even have fancy abilities to traverse. Next, your bullet jump and aim glide are you best friend. Bullet jump forward and aim glide. When you jump about over the platform, release the aim glide and drop on the platform. Go to the simaris practice room, and practice a couple times. If you fail, hey man that blows. But we've all been there. I got stuck on the MR21 test for like, two weeks straight. Just couldn't get it. Practice and fail, practice and fail. And guess what? One day, I got it like a fat kid gets a McDonald's meal.

Now for lonvevities sake, you need to practice your parkor stuff. A layer mastery test has you wall running and having to shoot orbs to create your path on the move. So become more familiar with it. Bullet jump, wall run, aim glide, mix them all together in strings, because it's gonna be vital for a later MR test. There is also a lot of content that you are gonna have a lot easier time with if you master (or at least become really familiar with) Warframe movement system. Sometimes being able to make effective use of all the surfaces in a room is the difference between death and that extra life support on a void survival.

Ifnyou have any questions, feel free to send me a message on here.

On 9/4/2017 at 4:25 AM, Devils_Toybox said:

Exactly this.

But more importantly...oh so much more importantly...what I want to know is THIS:

Who had the idea that "You know what would make our GAME more FUN? TESTS! Everyone LOVES TESTS! Lets make people take TESTS to progress in our GAME. THAT will be FUN!"

Seriously. I want to know who it is at DE that thinks along these lines. I think its important for us to know. Because...I'm...not so sure, that DE should keep listening to this person...

People PLAY GAMES, to HAVE FUN. There's literally nothing FUN about gating progress behind a test, and then gating failing that test behind a completely arbitrary, 24hr wait wall. Its frustrating, insulting and frankly ridiculous. And thats BEFORE you factor in selectively disabling the very powers that are key to each frame we are supposed to master. (Which, lets be honest, is DE's de facto go to for adding what they call "challenge" - just take away powers). 

MR Tests need to go. Or make them optional, and if passed they grant an additional 10% bonus toward your next rank. Or some other bonus. That way, the six people on the planet who find them fun and enjoyable can still run them and get something out of it. 

Edited by BlackCoMerc

On 9/23/2017 at 10:36 AM, Spartan336 said:

The lower MR tests are probably in a good place if they're making you get better at the game. 

How are they making people get better when people don't even bother to do them? I am MR7 I can't physically do MR8 I do endgame stuff all the time what am I missing out on? Rives a Rhino prime frame a few weapons, not enough incentives even if I could do them to actually waste my time to do past MR10 anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Devils_Toybox said:

How are they making people get better when people don't even bother to do them? I am MR7 I can't physically do MR8 I do endgame stuff all the time what am I missing out on? Rives a Rhino prime frame a few weapons, not enough incentives even if I could do them to actually waste my time to do past MR10 anyways. 

Wat.