Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery tests harder, not fair to new players

Netninja007

Let's compare a MR10 and a MR24 player to see how much it matters.

MR10

1. Can't use Nami Skyla Prime, Sybaris Prime, Silva Aegies Prime, Tigris Prime, Galatine Prime, Euphona Prime and ALL the Syndicate primary weapons, And several Riven mods.
  2. Max enemy level in Simulacrum: 80
  3. Has 11000 daily syndicate rep limit. -> takes 2 days to be able to buy a Relic pack. (that's 9 relics in a week)
  4. Can hold a max of 600 void traces -> can make 6 relics radiant before needing to farm more traces again -> more frequent farming breaks.
  5. New / forma'd weapons will have 20 mod points available
  6. Can trade 10 times a day
  7. Has limited loadout slots

MR24

1. Can use every weapon available.
  2. Max enemy level in Simulacrum: 150
  3. Has 25000 daily syndicate rep limit. -> Can buy a Relic pack every day. (that's 24 relics in a week)
  4. Can hold a max of 1300 void traces -> can make 13 relics radiant before needing to farm more traces again -> less frequent farming breaks.
  5. New / forma'd weapons will have 48 mod points available
  6. Can trade 24 times a day
  7. Has 14 extra loadout slots than MR10

So yeah, having a high MR clearly makes game progression and accessibility a lot more efficient. I just destroyed any argument saying that having a high MR doesn't matter.
It clearly matters a lot. You can do more in less time, that is always a good thing. In grinding / farming games like these, time and efficiency is a precious commodity.

Edited by MystMan

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2017 at 8:44 PM, BlackRoseAngel said:

On top of that, bullet jumping of the kind of needed in MR8 or MR11 doesn't exist in the game. Except in one side quest that can be ignored.

I'm honestly astonished at the number of people with no interest in learning the parkour system. Not only is it kind of important in more than just a few places, it's also one of the more fun parts of the game. This is where we get a lot of our ninja feels. If you don't care about moving fast, being mobile or agile, or keeping up, at least consider that everyone else is going to be sitting at extraction waiting for you. If you're worried about people's fun, don't ask me to sit at extraction for 5 minutes while you slowly walk from one end of the map to the other.

On 9/22/2017 at 2:51 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

That way, the six people on the planet who find them fun and enjoyable can still run them and get something out of it.

Actually, I think most of the people I've talked to say that they're too easy. They want a feeling of pride and accomplishment from finishing them, and they feel like they're too easy for that. Still, I think most players are proud of their performance and glad they finished the tests. Some of them require clever thinking or parkour skills, or quick reactions, and some are just plain fun. Remember the MR 22 test? The Rathuum one? That one was just plain fun, I want more like that. I ran it several times, just trying out different builds and strategies. I ended up doing it (for the actual rank up) with unmodded mk1 weapons, which was awesome and really fun. The parkour tests can be frustrating but once you manage them you'll be better at parkour and have a real sense of accomplishment.

One last thought: did you know that enemies have a reduced chance to hit you while you're in the air? That's right, parkour is useful in combat, in fact it's very useful in combat and in high level situations is fairly crucial. I couldn't imagine playing this game unable to bullet jump or aimglide, much less without being able to use the more advanced combos.

I don't mean for this to sound like a "git gud" post so please don't think of it as such, but if you can't do it, you just have to practice. You have to get better at the game to progress, that's just how things work. I had an extremely tough time with the MR 19 test, since it required me to stealth kill almost everybody in a 3-D chess board looking tileset without abilities, melee only. With the broken and amateur mechanics of enemy behavior, this was almost an impossibility, until I figured it out and did it. I am not a stealthy player, but I had to learn to become one, and that was a nice barrier to overcome, especially since I set the ODS solo record as an MR 10 back in the days before Second Dream, so finding a challenge was very hard for a while. The skills you learn in the tests are very helpful for many things, including map awareness, problem-solving, and kit utilization.

Honestly, the MR 8 is quite simple with a little warframe parkour knowledge. Learn how to do the bullet jump + aim glide combo, figure out how to best utilize your double jump since it cancels an aim glide, and most importantly, don't do the test until you think your ready. What I mean by ready is, practice in the Relay in Cephalon Simaris' room. On the right, he has a hallway that lists all 29 MR tests. The skills you learn in that particular test help you immensely in any situation. Also, please don't use plat to by credits again. If you need credits, a dark sector defense is your best friend. The roller credit pack is a little....underwhelming for the price.

MR Tests have nothing to do with real game play. At all.

Need to kill lots of enemies in a large radius before the platform collapses? The aims of the test here are: Precision aiming, quick reaction time. The ACTUAL GAME PLAY of the test is: Equip Ember with Overextended and Stretch and watch.

Need to cover lots of distance in the air: The intent is Parkouring skills. The game play: Equip Titania with Flow. Drop Pizza. Fly to the end.

Need to sneak up and take enemies down: The intent is to use terrain and LoS to play a Stealth game in Warframe, despite a complete lack of support for Stealth in this game. The ACTUAL GAME PLAY: Equip Loki/Ivara. Use Invisibility. Profit. (But only on Spy missions, because this sort of game play takes far too long elsewhere.

Get it through your heads, folks: Mastery Rank is a business model, not a game mechanic. I literally purchased my way from MR10 to MR12 with a 75% off sale because I wanted Syndicate weapons. 

1 minute ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Get it through your heads, folks: Mastery Rank is a business model, not a game mechanic. I literally purchased my way from MR10 to MR12 with a 75% off sale because I wanted Syndicate weapons. 

And your post tells us what exactly?
That people are just bad? Yeah, we know that. Thanks.

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

MR Tests have nothing to do with real game play. At all.

Need to kill lots of enemies in a large radius before the platform collapses? The aims of the test here are: Precision aiming, quick reaction time. The ACTUAL GAME PLAY of the test is: Equip Ember with Overextended and Stretch and watch.

Need to cover lots of distance in the air: The intent is Parkouring skills. The game play: Equip Titania with Flow. Drop Pizza. Fly to the end.

Need to sneak up and take enemies down: The intent is to use terrain and LoS to play a Stealth game in Warframe, despite a complete lack of support for Stealth in this game. The ACTUAL GAME PLAY: Equip Loki/Ivara. Use Invisibility. Profit. (But only on Spy missions, because this sort of game play takes far too long elsewhere.

IIRC You can't use powers on mastery tests anymore

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

And your post tells us what exactly?
That people are just bad? Yeah, we know that. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Dwolfknight said:

His point is that the tests mean nothing because no one would use the style of gameplay they demand in normal play because it's slow and boring or less effective, and that the tests are literally just there to keep players from more easily getting a hold of higher MR gear to get them to buy it, in short he's not saying how you do the tests, he's saying how you would deal with these things in a mission,

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

His point is that the tests mean nothing because no one would use the style of gameplay they demand in normal play because it's slow and boring or less effective, and that the tests are literally just there to keep players from more easily getting a hold of higher MR gear to get them to buy it, in short he's not saying how you do the tests, he's saying how you would deal with these things in a mission,

Just because he doesn't do things from the mastery test in actual gameplay doesn't mean, nobody does it.
I play stealth quite often, even without a Loki or Ivara. I use parcour because that's what makes me faster than other players.
In other words: His statement is wrong, and way too general.

On 9/20/2017 at 3:40 PM, Shockwave- said:

Sure it does, it's the penalty for failing. Yep failing has a penalty. Boo hoo. Don't fail. If you do fail, you have the penalty of ,gasp!. waiting a whole day to try again, but still collecting all mastery points anyway.  Everything can't be easy, everything can be "do it over and over again until you luck out and get it" kind of easy.

If someone is quitting over an MR test then good riddance, they will likely find something actually worth quitting over in the game pretty soon anyway.

A metaphor: "I glued something wrong. I have to start all over again",noooo" This isn't obvious to some people... seriously what is even....

I'm going to repeat what you said, but there is a consequence for you screwing up doing something wrong. You went into a mission head on, blind, and you fail and lose all of your resources gathered? Yeah, that's the consequence. Sure, the 24 hour thing can be annoying, but it's there for a reason. It's there to tell you "Better go practice. You have 24 hours." I see that as more of a convenient thing. "Oh, i failed. It's probably telling me, "lel u suk praktis ferst skrub". 

Getting mad because there's a consequence for failing is just stupid.

Don't get mad over the fact that there is a consequence, be mad about the fact that you failed.

Getting mad at the game isn't going to help you. The more you rage over you failing, the more you get the urge and motivation to complete it, and laugh in its face.

Me before: pls no stalker dnt kil me pls

Me now: LOOOOOOOOL ITS STALKY WILL YOU EVER LEARN

There is practice option in relay, and well during mission you can practice parkour, especially during spy missions 
the parkour play an important role at reaching spots and evading scanners.

Failing a test will make you realize of your incompetence, failing a mission and you will see all the reward say bye bye.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 12:36 PM, Dwolfknight said:

That's only on certain mastery tests.  Like the stealth one, you can't.  Most of the others you can.  And depending on the frame, you can cheese the hell out of them. 

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎20 at 5:13 AM, Airwolfen said:

The mr 8 test looks pretty doable imo. Uses movement in a way that players should know by that point as its important for fast movement through all the usual maps.

Go to the relay and train that test and try to apply it in general game running. That way fast movement will become second nature.

lol... knowing the way to jump or whatever it is called doesn't make it always valid. I hate jumping games in games when i am forced to pass tests. it will never be a second nature to me. (just like blind typing will never be my thing. not even when i am working with pc's since 1983. 

i did the tests x times and (annoyingly) i had to run back all the way to the elevator, get up and retry that after every 3(5) failed jumps tries. After a few times it's getting pointless (for me). Either i jump to far or not far enough and my fingers don't do what i want. Sadly my eye hand coordination isn't that good and well... im not one of the younger people so second nature... only when i go the bathroom to pee.. For me these are setbacks for me as i am not able to progress... i can pay for every silly thing in the game, but not use everything since it is MR ranked.  

All i can do is try to finish the test and hope i get lucky and by accident jump right. Hoping to get lucky is not fun. Certainly not when it involes mouse-keyboard skills (and at console i am even worse. cant even walk straight. i have had similar problems in many other games as developers seem to have fun with 'jumping on platform' tests.  

if i cant pass it (again) will be a game that i drop out of. other than that i really like this game. its easy 1000% better then destiny 2. 

[People, please, let this thread rest. its 3 MONTHS OLD NOW. ]
yeah? so? i still am not able to pass the damn test.

[Fast travel to shephlon Semaris]

shoot. why didn't i think of that :)))

Edited by Akimotos

• 3 weeks later...

Been awhile since I originally posted this. I'm level 16 now and I can see how they have screwed thing's up. There are tests that are so easy at upper levels it makes no sense, and others that are next to impossible. Frustrating that players before me had it easier using their brains more than dexterity and luck to get through these. 17 is now another test like 8 that I see numerous posts from people complaining. I have played many video games over the years and through persistence you eventually get through the challenge. However to wait for random luck to help you and wait 24 hours is BS plain and simple as is the case with level 17 spawning orbs on the other side of the map above you. And again they made this harder, gee thanks...guess if I pass it I'm better than the level 23 guys out there who had it easier. Just please make these tests more frekin balanced not easy for level 16 and impossible for 17, just balance it out at pretty hard for all! Maybe. Ill say screw the mastery for good since I can access everything now anyways...

Of course when this game adds fishing and walking around as operators in a game called "WARFRAME"  I'm starting to loose interest in what this game was originally about...and don't get me started with fish oil for launching Archwings...hahahaha

Edited by Netninja007
accidental key hit

Why the Nekro?

And why playing possum, when it comes down to a simple fact :

"hurr durr MR 8-9-10 is so hard, that almost everyone that sticks with the game over 2 weeks have passed it"

But hey - people don't want to google it, test it in the simulacrum (you don't need a key to pre run your tests), prepare loadout or anything. I can understand that.

That video is a joke, the orbs weren't that far and I was informed you cant use ranged melee?

Actually level 8 test between 1 to 17 is the only difficult one. So how is this balanced? You can almost use brains over dexterity for all of em but then they like nerfing everything. So they don't help players they "make it more challenging". So the people before you had a free ride but you don't. Guess I can tell the mastery level 23's they suck...:) Guess the real issue is they can't leave good stuff alone like FOCUS!!!!!!!!!! They are ruining the game...

Edited by Netninja007
forgot something

2 minutes ago, Netninja007 said:

Actually level 8 test between 1 to 17 is the only difficult one. So how is this balanced? You can almost use brains over dexterity for all of em but then they like nerfing everything. So they don't help players they "make it more challenging". So the people before you had a free ride but you don't. Guess I can tell the mastery level 23's they suck...:) Guess the real issue is they can't leave good stuff alone like FOCUS!!!!!!!!!! They are ruining the game...

Well, it IS their game.  They can do want they want to with it.  Ruining the game is a very subjective opinion.  One that isn't shared by everyone.  Whether you continue to play it is up to you.