Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery tests harder, not fair to new players

Netninja007

20 hours ago, Yrkul said:

I'm stuck at the mr7>8 test as well.

I've researched, watched videos and practiced ad nauseum, and I still overshoot or fall short of the platforms at one point or another. I know how to use the different movement types, and use them repeatedly in the normal game environment. I've even reached the last room a couple of times in the void tile challenges. However...

I suffer from mid-stage artheritis in my hands, as well as having slight blurring of my vision and am susceptible to vertigo. This makes the mastery test environment VERY hard to cope with, and the test is very disorientating and dizzying, not to mention the aches and stabs of pain in fingers and wrists. Add to that, that you get plonked back at the start after falling, and put onto the hangar to run aaaaalllll the way back to the test area after failing the test, and you have an additional trial of patience added to the ordeal.

I wouldn't mind seeing an option to skip a test for platinum, perhaps made accessible after a high number of failed tries, or on a long cooldown, so people don't just whale it to 25.

Bottom line is, I play games for fun, not for a feeling of accomplishment through making these tests. To me the mastery tests are but a source of chagrin and a waste of time, and when getting older, time gets a bit more valuable than some badge for your e-peen.

Yeah i too have that dexterity problem (yeah good point about the vertigo on the test)  I tried the same on the PS4 version... I raged QUIT on the Ps4 version. And completely de-installed the PS4 version and went back to the Windows PC version (two different accounts).
- so yeah im still on MR 7-8. (and stopping).

Sad but happy i am not the only one who feels neglected because off a system that is the new Berlin Wall .

I can still have fun when i can not do the RSI provoking parcours , but i looks like it our way or the high way :(

I stick around run missions but iam not gonna provoke my anxiety and than have to suffer 24 hours setting my self up for failure and depression ....

Blows my mind how restrictive a game can be , even while i may suck a jumps i could still be useful and have fun but i cant even visit that dude with the ducates !!!

Need MR 8 so FU is my name.

How the hell should i tell my self its ok to spend cash on a game that basic flips me off for being unable to fit their standards ???

(feeling sad did not want to be negative but it hurts because i love the game but it does not seem to love me back ..)

Edited by Zarrostarr

56 minutes ago, Zarrostarr said:

Sad but happy i am not the only one who feels neglected because off a system that is the new Berlin Wall .

I can still have fun when i can not do the RSI provoking parcours , but i looks like it our way or the high way :(

I stick around run missions but iam not gonna provoke my anxiety and than have to suffer 24 hours setting my self up for failure and depression ....

Blows my mind how restrictive a game can be , even while i may suck a jumps i could still be useful and have fun but i cant even visit that dude with the ducates !!!

Need MR 8 so FU is my name.

How the hell should i tell my self its ok to spend cash on a game that basic flips me off for being unable to fit their standards ???

(feeling sad did not want to be negative but it hurts because i love the game but it does not seem to love me back ..)

That's a tad bit over dramatic there Tenno.  Just practice the Test at the Relay for free without any drawbacks.  Just go to a Relay, then fast travel to Cephalon Simaris.  Once there turn to the right which will lead to the Mastery Test hallway.  There you can practice any test up to one above your current rank as much as you want.  

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)MerlyBR said:

They are designed to tes your skills in some área THIS WHY THEY ARE CALLED MAESTRY TESTS

Yah something that was pointed out to me.. that a Level of Mastery isnt directly tied to what you can do in the game..  It makes it sounds like its mandtory to progress.. on many levels it is. But you can still play without ranking the highest MR tests.  I didnt know this till 300 hours into the game. So when warframe first started. i just quit.

Now coming back to it .. i just dont play or pay anymore. I just go for what i can for the story. (but i pretty much quit )  But still get on for the community of the clan in game for the simple stuff.

On 2-1-2018 at 4:18 PM, DatDarkOne said:

That's a tad bit over dramatic there Tenno.  Just practice the Test at the Relay for free without any drawbacks.  Just go to a Relay, then fast travel to Cephalon Simaris.  Once there turn to the right which will lead to the Mastery Test hallway.  There you can practice any test up to one above your current rank as much as you want.  

I understand people think you can learn something by practice , i agree if my brain did work as it was suppose to do ...

I tried but i can not even make a constant bullet jump ...its the combinations that make me pull out my hair if i had any left .

Pass and feel great , fail and feel miserable for 24 hours ...no need to be a rocket scientist to understand this is playing with fire .

While iam stuck iam denied to enjoy parts off the game as iam restricted to a lot by the MR gating system .

Why should i spend more cash on a game the does not let me have fun if i don't play how it wants me to ? 

No worries i have my fun for now and will leave without anyone hear the door close behind me .

Edited by Zarrostarr

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

Have you considered rebinding the key controls to make it easier for you to do?  

Clarification for players, since Warframe does not do explaining properly.

Space bar + Space bar is not bullet jump.
Shift + Space bar is the opposite of bullet jump.
Shift + Space bar + ctrl is not a bullet jump either.
Ctrl + Space bar is the bullet jump, your WASD controls the dirrection, you need may need to double tap space bar until you reach the desired velocity and altitude. 
If you can't deal with it for the life of you - Space bar + hold right button holds you into aim glide from which you can jump off and perform fake bullet jump, but you are limiting yourself greatly by doing so.

On 1/4/2018 at 2:01 PM, phoenix1992 said:

Clarification for players, since Warframe does not do explaining properly.

Space bar + Space bar is not bullet jump.
Shift + Space bar is the opposite of bullet jump.
Shift + Space bar + ctrl is not a bullet jump either.
Ctrl + Space bar is the bullet jump, your WASD controls the dirrection, you need may need to double tap space bar until you reach the desired velocity and altitude. 
If you can't deal with it for the life of you - Space bar + hold right button holds you into aim glide from which you can jump off and perform fake bullet jump, but you are limiting yourself greatly by doing so.

Yeah im gonna have to key and use those.. Man, im all game for that. But also , some of us that are retired (old guys like me) .  are not as finger nimble agile as most.. I am on MR 10 now so ill see how that goes before i do the main test.At this point in warframe,  i am really a casual player - sticking to the simple stuff like Archwing and Fishing... (really no kidding). 

But for old guys like me..  is it legal to macro-bind our COMBOS (cause really after a while it can be daunting to remember all that fun stuff quickly when the COMBO multiplier is adding up on our HUD.  Really i LOVE the game.. but gonna stick to fishing.