Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming darkSector skins + event, along with a bit of speculation

ashyrae

So, on Devstream 97, we were dropped the little hint that there's going to be a darkSector throwback event, as it were - complete with Lato, Bronco, and surely more event weapon skins straight from the original game. I guess this is what the ??? / Lasria node that was mentioned a while back when Relay Reconstruction was revealed is for.

I do have one little concern, though. If this is a true event, then there's likely going to be some sort of lore attached. Warframe is pretty much already darkSector 2 / its spiritual successor by this point - we've got Nox, who's basically a Cybersuit soldier in Grineer form; the Jackal, which is a Corpus version of the Lasrian trooper's quadruped tank; everyone knows Excalibur's concept came from darkSector; and we've even got the glaive + secondary combo to boot. All that's left is lore tying it all together - possibly having to do with the Sacrifice as well.

Another question of mine: Other than various weapon skins (there better be a Tekna 9mm!), can we expect more possible proto-skins for Warframes (e.g. Colossus for Rhino, and darkSector's Stalker for Chroma)?

Hopefully, this ties into Steve's mention that the darkSector Stalker could become a Warframe enemy a few devstreams back. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get Howlers, Moles, and Stingers too.

Edited by InfinitySnail

Hehe, I can see it all now, the wreckage of an ancient submarine, corroded and barren like a coral reef. Aboard, a fossilized hideous tendriled mass lies in repose next to a disturbingly warped skeleton. Aboard the wreck, a vacuum-sealed container lies houseing the strangest assortment of weapon parts seen in the ""modern age"".