Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Growing power and Coaction drift

Raskol

Question

So im little confused about how growing power does (not) work with coaction drift. On one hand Warframe wiki says that : Currently, Coaction Drift does not affect the power strength buff - its form Growing power page - but when i check coaction drift page it shows how much it improves the aura (from +25% to +33.0625% according to the table)

So does theese mods work togother or not? And btw on which frames this aura works best cause im wondering if i should get it?

14 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

imo the best thing is trying it, enter the simulacrum, look at growing power buff without coaction drift and then do the same with the drift installed

Probably but i dont have the mod - i guess i'll buy it when i know it works with coaction drift in other case im not so sure

11 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

So im little confused about how growing power does (not) work with coaction drift. On one hand Warframe wiki says that : Currently, Coaction Drift does not affect the power strength buff - its form Growing power page - but when i check coaction drift page it shows how much it improves the aura (from +25% to +33.0625% according to the table)

So does theese mods work togother or not? And btw on which frames this aura works best cause im wondering if i should get it?

I use it on ember, but it's makes sense to use it on Banshee, Equinox, Chroma, Excalibur, Valkyr... Frames with Strength scaling channeled abilities, as its buff stays on channeled abilities as long as they last if you activate them when the buff active. (So go as ember with status secondary, shot them up, press 4, enjoy your buffed WoF until it's deactivated. 

Well it doesn't makes much sense to use Growing power and Coaction Drift together, as they would give +33% to strength but if you use Growing power and Power Drift it's +40% 

1 minute ago, Shikkoku said:

Well it doesn't makes much sense to use Growing power and Coaction Drift together, as they would give +33% to strength but if you use Growing power and Power Drift it's +40% 

but it's a buff to all the team (and with 4 growing power you actually get a 19% bonus strenght from coaction drift)
and in the meanwhile you get boosted effects from allies auras

5 minutes ago, Shikkoku said:

I meant smg like both power and coaction drift. The whole thing started when i put stand united on my inaros and put coaction drift to even make him more tanky and still got a mod slot left but i guess i wont have that situation on other frames

1 minute ago, Volkeris said:

Just tested with Oberon's Renewal, can confirm that Coaction Drift does not affect Growing Power.

Well damn... Thx for info. Such a shame whats the point of coaction drift if it doesnt affect all auras :/

20 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

but it's a buff to all the team (and with 4 growing power you actually get a 19% bonus strenght from coaction drift)
and in the meanwhile you get boosted effects from allies auras

I'm not sure if I get it right, It seems to me that if in a squad of four, everyone got Growing Power and Coaction Drift, and all four GP active at the same time, (6s window) This is Very unlikely but this is the Optimum of the GP & CD build, you would get +19,3% and If you use Power Drift instead of Coaction you would get +15% (all with GP but nobody with Coaction) with so you would win +4,3% in a very unlikely situation, over a sure to have +7% (If you are the only one with GP active and with Power Drift) Well it must be me, as I really like to solo things and if I need I go with randoms (I don't have much time to play, so I don't like to waste my time to gather a decent squad) 

But I'm not sure that in a well built squad everyone needs Strength that much. Still if there is one DPS and everyone wants to buff him/her, the best if all go with GP and all with Coaction Drift but the DPS who brings Power Drift instead. that would give +130.5% str. 

And this would be if GP and CD would work together which they don't as it seems.

Edited by Shikkoku

15 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

I meant smg like both power and coaction drift. The whole thing started when i put stand united on my inaros and put coaction drift to even make him more tanky and still got a mod slot left but i guess i wont have that situation on other frames

Tis correct Coaction Drift doesnt work with all Auras, the primary (or at least most common/efficient) use of it is to have 3CP (Sadly still the best way to help the team) + 1 Extra Aura

Using it by itself or by yourself for that matter is inefficient and kind of a waste of a slot honestly (but you do as you please of course). I'm on the Power Drift train as knockdown resistance is no joke.

Growing Power isn't always useful, say if you're trying to team with a speed nova or Vauban or something who's already not too worried about power strength. 

It works for Inaros (and other's like him) because, pocket sand...he can do what he wants with that finisher damage and Health (though the melee damage may be more valuable) compared to frames like Nidus the power strength isnt helping that much from what I've seen.

%armor buffs are only helpful to those who already have a ton of armor and Stand United is most likely significantly less EHP(effective hp) on average than Physique.

57 minutes ago, Shikkoku said:

I'm not sure if I get it right, It seems to me that if in a squad of four, everyone got Growing Power and Coaction Drift, and all four GP active at the same time, (6s window) This is Very unlikely but this is the Optimum of the GP & CD build, you would get +19,3% and If you use Power Drift instead of Coaction you would get +15% (all with GP but nobody with Coaction) with so you would win +4,3% in a very unlikely situation, over a sure to have +7% (If you are the only one with GP active and with Power Drift) Well it must be me, as I really like to solo things and if I need I go with randoms (I don't have much time to play, so I don't like to waste my time to gather a decent squad) 

But I'm not sure that in a well built squad everyone needs Strength that much. Still if there is one DPS and everyone wants to buff him/her, the best if all go with GP and all with Coaction Drift but the DPS who brings Power Drift instead. that would give +130.5% str. 

And this would be if GP and CD would work together which they don't as it seems.

i know it's not that worth, just saying, and usually if i put coaction drift is because i'm building loki, that don't need power drift and the boosted energy from my energy syphon is always welcomed

It's really problematic that Growing Power just doesn't get modified by a, well, modifier that's only purpose is to modify the exact type of other modifier that Growing Power is.

If a mod's only purpose is to buff an aura, then why is there an aura that doesn't get buffed by it? It doesn't make sense that there would be any exceptions without the reason for the exception being explained.

Please DE, fix Coaction Drift! A lot of players went to a lot of trouble just to get it in the first place.

Edited by FLSH_BNG