Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another pointless death

Rhaken_Nazu

Greetings, fellow Tenno.

On August 9th my very close friend and Tenno comrade Christoph, or as you may know him, antiquushostis, took his own life.

YvgQnT4.png

We met at the archery club over four years ago and we've been close ever since.
Christoph was there for anybody who needed him, whenever he or she did. You could always count on him.
He really was one of a kind.

After this not only I but every single one of his friends and family members and every single person who knew him reproach themselves. "What if I had done this?" or even more often "What if I hadn't done this?" are questions we ask ourselves over and over again, but the truth is: There's only one person who could have changed this.
Him.

Had he asked any one of his friends or family for help, this tragedy would not have happened.

That's what I'm asking, no, begging you to do, if you are struggling with depression. Please seek help. Don't be afraid of them criticising you, that's the last thing they will do. Literally any one of your friends or family members will help you out, but if you don't feel comfortable talking to them and would rather talk to somebody on a more anonymous level, you can call a suicide prevention hotline. They are confidential and most of them are free. You can find the right one for your country here: https:en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines
If you want to, you can also write me a personal message in Warframe (/w Rhaken_Nazu [text], english or german) or on the forums at any time. I might not reply immediately since I can't be on my computer 24/7, but I will certainly help you as good as I can.

I'm begging you not to make the same mistake as Christoph and to spare your friends and family from what we are going through, because even if you don't care about your own life, please care about theirs. Trust me, there are very few things worse than having to tell a mutual friend about the friend's suicide. Think about how your actions affect them. You don't only destroy your own life, but also that of the people you care about because losing someone close to you to suicide can throw someone far off, make them depressed or even worse, kill themselves as well.

You might have heard the quote "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." This is true. Even if it doesn't seem like it, there's always another way. There's always a different solution to your problem. In the end it's all going to work out in some way. Your life is worth living because it really does get better. You deserve to be happy. There are so many more people who care about you than you think.

If you are one of these people and you know somebody who's going through a rough time, please don't let them be alone in this. Be there for them and give them all the support you can. Please talk to them as soon as you notice any signs of depression. If you're waiting for a sign whether you should take action, this is it. Horrible things can happen way faster than you think and even though it feels like something like this could never happen to somebody you know, it can. I felt the same way.
If you don't know how to help him or her, you can ask family members or friends for support or call one of the hotlines mentioned above. Of course you can also contact me.

I can't change what Christoph did, but I hope I can help you or somebody close to you because if this can save just one life, he didn't die for nothing.

That's why I am begging you: 
Please don't let my friends passing be just another pointless death.

Chris, you will be dearly missed by your friends, family, and fellow Tenno. Where you have once been there is now a gaping hole, just like in all of our hearts.

I miss the time we spent together.
It breaks my heart knowing that we will never play together, shoot together, laugh together or be together ever again.
I hope you might the decision that is right for you, although I wish you hadn't.
It was a pleasure and an honor to fight by your side.
Goodbye friend, thank you for everything.

Rest easy Tenno.

Rest in peace our fellow Tenno.

We will never forget you and the honor you've brought!

It is always hard to say goodbye, especially in such a case. I hope you will feel better soon and I think I can speak for the whole community that we will support you with the bottom of our heart.

Edited by LightningFear

4 minutes ago, LightningFear said:

Rest in peace our fellow Tenno.

We will never forget you and the honor you've brought!

It is always hard to say goodbye, especially in such a case. I hope you will feel better soon and I think I can speak for the whole community that we will support you with the bottom of our heart.

Thank you.