The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have Resource Booster included in Prime Access bundle?

AlienOvermind

8 hours ago, AlienOvermind said:

We all know Resource Booster is the most useful booster

those that have enough resource say affinity is the most useful, those that do hydron often enough for exp say credit is the most useful .... say, if they replace affinity booster with resource booster, a thread like this would just get created for affinity booster.... 

just buy the booster when u need it with the plat come with the bundle man.

56 minutes ago, FireSegment said:

say, if they replace affinity booster with resource booster, a thread like this would just get created for affinity booster...

First of all, I can't see why we can't have three or even all four boosters as 3-month versions bundled together. Second, yeah — like I said an option to chose two among four available is totally fine.

28 minutes ago, AlienOvermind said:

First of all, I can't see why we can't have three or even all four boosters as 3-month versions bundled together. Second, yeah — like I said an option to chose two among four available is totally fine.

Because if 1 month is 200pl, 3 months, lets put a 33% discount over the jump on time, 400pl, 2+ 3month boosters are 800pl as minimum, being like 7€ on platinum bought with 75% discount in the biggest pack of plat.

And, although there are some priceless items, like accesories and icon, even transforming them into pl by similar items, the total amount of plat in the best of packs is +/- the same as a big pack of plat (without any discount).

Technically, by the maths that DE does, the 2 boosters have a value for them of like ~ +30€.

So, although it'd be nice to have them included, the fact is that most probably, they would also increase the price of the prime access packs.

And yeah, at least being able to select wich boosters you need would be the most usefull.

44 minutes ago, Geapok said:

Technically, by the maths that DE does, the 2 boosters have a value for them of like ~ +30€.

I'm pretty sure it's more of an excuse than real reason of current price. Becuase the real value are shiny exclusives. I mean, you probably know how many threads there were asking DE to sell exclusives separatly from boosters — that's how you know where real demand lies. And obvisouly demand makes price. Thus an extra booster included in the same price wouldn't too much to ask.

Edited by AlienOvermind

1 hour ago, AlienOvermind said:

5 minutes ago, AlienOvermind said:

I'm pretty sure it's more of an excuse than real reason of current price. Becuase the real value are shiny exclusives.

You are right about the price have nothing to do with it (or very little if it did). But from gaming design perspective i can think of there are some reason they won't do it.

1st . PA always play a huge role of attracting new player, and new player might not have a taste of the grind to consider what to choose. So for them, the choice is not a choice at all (or not truly a meaningful one), not consider the really high information burden they would have to learn after starting the grind.

2nd. For booster with short duration, it's excited to suddenly have x2 the reward and 1/2 the time invested. But if the booster are too long, u considered it the norm, and PA booster have a really long duration.

With any game with a booster system, some player will always eventually experience a negative feeling at the end of the booster period. Your reward suddenly dropped by half, you suddenly need to spend double time to reach what u want, (x4 if both resource booster are in place) ... It's a bad feeling that really hard to avoid. Having all 4 booster in the PA would just amplify this back lash. 

3rd. Affinity and Credit each by itself is just one number, far less complex than our Resource system where some are affect by drop chance booster, some are not. If you can't include all 4, having affinity and credit is a better default choice for new player (to 1st point) and since it's more simple (and less important than resource in a looter game), it have less back lash effect when period run out (to point 2).

In short, DE don't add booster option to avoid confused new player. They don't include all 4 booster to avoid mental back lash when booster period over. They choose affinity and credit booster because of it simplicity over resource. There u have it.