Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performance in Low-End PC is not optimize, regarding refurbishing Venus

-BKB-SamuarJoe

as the title above,
can Digital Extreme make 2 type map
1. Old Map - Low-End PC
2. New Map - High-End PC
although i'm not usually come to earth to farm, but i do less taking that map on the road as they make my rig below 20 FPS (below if getting in survival like 12 fps) comparing doing mission on other planets, my rig happily run at 40fps+ even under heavy fire
i do love the option to OP-out new Earth with the old ones (just like you did for Lor, it's less laggy and my rig able to perform 40fps+ on that particular map)
in regard for 'new' Venus in future, please for love of god, make an option for us Low-End PC not to have laggy situation just like you guys did for Earth
don't get me wrong, new earth do have beautiful map, good sound, good enviroment, but in the end, i can't enjoy scanning or farming on earth due to low FPS (night-time seems worse), i'm planning upgrading my RiG in future, (but that gonna take a while (longer) consider my country exchange rate kinda in a hintch for me to buy simple upgrade GTX series)
thank you for listening.
Sincerely, 
Joe and other Low-End PC

Edited by SamuarJoe

On 8/22/2017 at 0:43 AM, SamuarJoe said:

make an option for us Low-End PC not to have laggy situation just like you guys did for Earth

How do I access this Low-End PC option for Earth? Looked through the graphics options for it as this is the second time I've seen it mentioned but see nothing of the sort. Earth is just poorly done from a performance angle.

• 3 weeks later...

In regards to Earth rework.....they can't do the idea of 'old map' for low pc's and 'new maps' for high pc's because the layouts are different so if you get a high end and a low end rig in the same group they would have different maps.  That just isn't going to work.   The dev's have said they're trying to make an 'even lower setting' for earth but honestly not sure if or when that will come.

Personally I see the problem the op is mentioning more as the player expecting their old pc to do more than it's really capable of. 

DE already does a pretty good job at optimising (not saying perfect but better than most) but the players on low end rigs need to realise their pc's are outdated for newer games.  It's a reality of pc gaming that the hardware becomes obsolete pretty quickly especially if the dev's wants to make use of the newer techniques out there to make their game look all shiny and pull in new players.  I don't expect my 10 year old x2 939 based rig to play this game at a playable fps but it's still perfectly capable of playing games which were around when it was 'high end'... I wanted to play newer games at decent fps so I realised I needed newer hardware, yes I can buy stuff easier in my country by the sounds of it but at the same time I don't expect dev's to keep catering for my older hardware. 

The minimum requirements (10 year old hardware) of this game have been set far too low for a long time now and realistically players and the dev's need to realise that this game just isn't suited to that low level of hardware anymore...it's about time the dev's did something about raising the min requirements imo, especially if they're going to be 'refurbishing' the other locations on the starmap. 

Edited by LSG501

Just now, LSG501 said:

In regards to Earth rework.....they can't do the idea of 'old map' for low pc's and 'new maps' for high pc's because the layouts are different so if you get a high end and a low end rig in the same group they would have different maps.  That just isn't going to work.   The dev's have said they're trying to make an even 'lower setting' for earth but honestly not sure if or when that will come.

Personally I see the problem the op is mentioning more as the player expecting their old pc to do more than it's really capable of. 

DE already does a pretty good job at optimising (not saying perfect but better than most) but the players on low end rigs need to realise their pc's are outdated for newer games.  It's a reality of pc gaming that the hardware becomes obsolete pretty quickly especially if the dev's wants to make use of the newer techniques out there to make their game look all shiny and pull in new players.  I don't expect my 10 year old x2 939 based rig to play this game at a playable fps but it's still perfectly capable of playing games which were around when it was 'high end'... I wanted to play newer games at decent fps so I realised I needed newer hardware, yes I can buy stuff easier in my country by the sounds of it but at the same time I don't expect dev's to keep catering for my older hardware. 

The minimum requirements (10 year old hardware) of this game have been set far too low for a long time now and realistically players and the dev's need to realise that this game just isn't suited to that low level of hardware anymore...it's about time the dev's did something about raising the min requirements imo, especially if they're going to be 'refurbishing' the other locations on the starmap. 

With that DE will lose players cus they cant play anymore.And buying new rig is not a option cus its cost CRAZY amount of money with our S#&$ ecomony and with hardware quality this days it wil meltdown in half of year

39 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

With that DE will lose players cus they cant play anymore.And buying new rig is not a option cus its cost CRAZY amount of money with our S#&$ ecomony and with hardware quality this days it wil meltdown in half of year

The odds are if a player is using 10 year old or close to it  hardware because the economy is rubbish then the odds are they're not spending much if any money on the game anyway so from that perspective the dev's wouldn't lose much money if any.  If a player is spending on the game then why aren't they putting that money towards saving for a pc update instead of complaining about how poor their pc is performing.....

And changing the min specs doesn't mean changing it to latest and greatest but still trying to support 10 year old hardware is a futile effort in the grand scheme of things as you add newer graphics techniques etc, the dev's could change it to something around geforce 750ti which is nearly 5 years old now, which is still ancient in pc gaming terms but is 'relatively' cheap.

At the end of the day there needs to be  a 'cut off' for hardware and as many of us have said in other threads the current minimum requirements is too low, they need to be raised and it's not DE's fault if the player can't afford to hit he upgraded requirements, that's sadly a fact of life that you can't always have everything.  Sadly DE doesn't seem to want to take notice of those of us saying it needs upgrading and keep trying to support the toasters which can't cope with the game anymore..

Edited by LSG501