[DE]Rebecca

PBR and Proto Excalibur: Before and After!

31 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hello all - a quick update from PBR world!

As you know, our goal is to transition every Warframe to PBR - physically based rendering.

What does the Proto Excalibur Skin have to do with this?
If you are a believer in fashion frame, read on. Converting Warframes to PBR - especially Warframes with metallic details - means we need to make decisions on how to allow tinting of those metallics. Proto Excalibur boasts quite a lot of metallic details which we now have to assign a tint to!

This will roll out in the near future - stay tuned for Update notes!

DOES THIS MEAN NYX NEMESIS ISN'T FAR BEHIND?! COME ON REB, YOU KNOW YOU NEED IT!!!!

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

DOES THIS MEAN NYX NEMESIS ISN'T FAR BEHIND?! COME ON REB, YOU KNOW YOU NEED IT!!!!

Yes please, i would love for Nyx to finally have a somewhat respectable Deluxe skin.

• Upvote 1

@[DE]Rebecca Hey Rebs, would you mind posting the skin on PBR using the following scheme, which is how the tint channels work by themselves?

Primary: Red
Secondary: Green
Tertiary: Blue
Accents: Magenta

Just like this:
Warframe2391.jpg
Warframe2392.jpg

There is something I want to double check and this would help about it because I'm imagining you're merging some tints here, am I right?

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

@[DE]Rebecca Hey Rebs, would you mind posting the skin on PBR using the following scheme, which is how the tint channels work by themselves?

Primary: Red
Secondary: Green
Tertiary: Blue
Accents: Magenta

Just like this:
Warframe2391.jpg
Warframe2392.jpg

There is something I want to double check and this would help about it because I'm imagining you're merging some tints here, am I right?

Secondary + Accent are merging, as far as I can tell.

3 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

Secondary + Accent are merging, as far as I can tell.

If that's the case then it should be all good -- they use slightly different colors by default, which means a different material, if possible, on the old Accents would take care of the contrast.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

If that's the case then it should be all good -- they use slightly different colors by default, which means a different material, if possible, on the old Accents would take care of the contrast.

The proto-arm and abs are going to be a tint-mask divided between Primary and Accent. You can see this in the screenshot Rebecca posted

Edited by DarkDullahan-Prime

Just now, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

The proto-arm is going to be a tint-mask divided between Primary and Accent. You can see this in the screenshot Rebecca posted

Guess you mean it kind of fades/transitions from elbow to the hand? I thought it could be the metallics themselves reflecting light. That's why I wanted the actual colors -- it's so easy to spot those things!

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

Guess you mean it kind of fades/transitions from elbow to the hand? I thought it could be the metallics themselves reflecting light. That's why I wanted the actual colors -- it's so easy to spot those things!

Mostly only in the abs. The arm looks primarily Accent-based, the abs have segments that share the burnt sienna color that is on the Primary. 

3 minutes ago, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

Mostly only in the abs. The arm looks primarily Accent-based, the abs have segments that share the burnt sienna color that is on the Primary. 

I'm pretty sure that the abs are simply reflecting the light... We'll know soonTM I guess.

EDIT: Actually there seems to be some brownish in there, yup.

Edited by NightmareT12

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

I'm pretty sure that the abs are simply reflecting the light... We'll know soonTM I guess.

f86f00096f.jpg

Idk, that's pretty prominent bi-tonal abs, even with the change in lighting.

• Upvote 1