Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PBR and Proto Excalibur: Before and After!

[DE]Rebecca

maxresdefault.jpg

My one worry is that it will loose the unique patterning on the head and no longer be able to re-produce the original look. Rebeccas picture of the new PBR helmet didn't have the two tones. It was just one colour. IF you hit default on the new PBR version does it still look like the above?

So the helmet uses the accent color... Could it be changed to primary on other skins or kept static?

On 8/23/2017 at 0:46 PM, Jangkrik said:

Will we be able to color the uncolorable grey parts on the skin?

I'd rather it stay silver than be a mix of two other colors this is a huge pain on Frost's deluxe skin

Edited by DeadSirius

On 27.08.2017 г. at 11:30 PM, DeadSirius said:

So the helmet uses the accent color... Could it be changed to primary on other skins or kept static?

No matter which it uses it's still gona screw with a lot of colour schemes.

DE I get it, your art team puts a lot of work into these PBRs and you want to see them in the game, but some people just aren't happy with the changes (for example I am furious at the Bo remodel and many others are too for sure).

Can we please just get the option to choose like with the ''Legacy Colour palette'' already and I mean for everything: Disabling PBRs; Disabling Re-Models; Regular variant skins for Prime Weapons (you already did this one for Warframes, renember?). One step at a time is fine too, but we have waited long enough.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

35 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

I think there may be a channel mistake on the helmet.

• The metallics on the main body colour a non-metallic section on the helmet
  • Conversely the metallics on the helmet colour a non-metallic section on the body.

I'll post a picture when I get home.

No need to :)

wk32NDr.jpg

While I agree only metallic parts should occupy the same slot, I wonder which one should be used for the white helmet part. Maybe the parts that occupy 1th and 2nd slots should be merged into one slot and the helmet part should occupy the other one. Or maybe it should be tied to any of the first three slots and be white just by default.

And I also wonder why do metallic arm and metallic abs take three color slots at once. Almost whole Excal must be yellow for them to be fully golden.

HJwJtvo.jpg

Edited by Ksaero

3 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

I think there may be a channel mistake on the helmet.

• The metallics on the main body colour a non-metallic section on the helmet
  • Conversely the metallics on the helmet colour a non-metallic section on the body.

I'll post a picture when I get home.

It's no mistake. The default colors require the helm to be white. The metals are colored white because the material transforms it into a silver.

Hence, the current looks. It's following their design scheme. There's only 3 ways around it:

• Bypass the 4 tint limitation they have (which can't happen because they're using the maximum the texture format allows)
  • Change, indeed, the tints around, which equals not being true to their very own artistic design of the Dark Sector armor and is a line that they will most likely, nor should, cross.
  • Add the UI and database space for helmet customization. Because the helmets do have their very own tints and are treated as separate objects, but they currently autocopy the colors from the body.

Guess which on3 is the best.

sigh

Lost the little and important details previously on Accents and gained a diffrent look on only one of my colour schemes...That I don't exactly like better then the old one because it's oversimplified like so many other things in the game. Everting was just fine as it was before...but nope, this is why we can't have nice things.

Final Judgement: LOSS!!!

• 4 weeks later...