Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR17 Test - stuck with it for A YEAR and cant do it - PLEASE change it!

deusAZMODAN

Having finally passed this, here are my Helpful Hints: 

• The presented premise is a lie. This MR challenge is all about prioritizing and focus.
  • The enemies spawn at a set rate. It is impossible to kill the enemies fast enough to not need to hit orbs.
  • The orbs give a set amount of time that doesn't change, so focus on them and ignore the enemies unless they get in your way. Blow them away if they get between you and the next orb, otherwise ignore. 
  • Pick a fast frame, drop on Rush and Armored Agility, speed mods like that, because you need to move at speed and the course isn't necessarily going to have you comfy enough to bullet jump everywhere. I used Nezha for the Warding Ring ability as that Ancient grab causes rage. 
  • Pick a ranged weapon that doesn't need much aiming to get good hits. I used the Atomos with the range mod since once one enemy is hit it'll chain to everyone in range of them fry the fiddly bits off the lot of them. Also it's pretty ammo efficient, so you're less likely to get caught empty. Reload on the run, it's just one keypress while you're headed for that next orb.
  • Pick a melee weapon with a good slam radius, so you just need to get close and slam it (which is also a good way of stopping yourself if you're overshooting on a jump or glide). I used Jat Kittag without a Reach, adding one might make it even wilder.
  • If you've a huge pack, it may be ok to take 3-4 seconds and fry the lot of them, or fire while running through, but be careful. Getting enemy tunnel vision is high on the reasons for getting a fail. 

Edited by CloseToFar
Formatting

• 2 weeks later...

I've come here because I've been stuck on this MR test for a few days now. I've never had that before. I was under the impression that I had to kill as a priority and then top up the time using orbs but as CloseToFar says and others before him, it's about using melee on the orbs to keep the time going.

I am not a bad player and have found this test significantly harder than the MR 16 test which was so much easier it's a wonder how its possible for this to come straight after.

I will try again tomorrow with the idea to go for orbs and orbs alone.

Wish me luck :)

Edit: Following what people say about focusing on the time orbs I managed it first time trying without too much problem. You still have to be quick and precise though. DO NOT focus on killing or you will find this MR test hard to achieve.

Incidentally I just had a practice at the MR 18 test and it's so easy. The MR 17 should be either slightly easier (like longer time given by orbs) or it should swap with the MR 18.

Edited by FlymoNinja
Update:

Here's my advice:

1. Use Titania.
  2. Leave around 30-40 mod capacity empty for increased starting energy.
  3. Use a good primary weapon, I used Soma Prime. Regular Soma should do just fine.
  4. Use a fast melee weapon with good reach, I used Cassowar.
  5. Use 4th skill to fly from orb to orb right from the start. When doing so, Titania's razorflies will kill quite a few monsters automatically.
  6. Always concentrate on getting the next orb.
  7. After destroying an orb, start flying / running towards the center of the map. This will minimize transition time to the next orb.
  8. Look at the minimap to orient yourself quickly towards orbs when they appear.
  9. Shoot monsters only when you don't have to spend time doing so, e.g. when they run towards you and are already in your sights.
  10. Practise so that you pass the test 3 times in a row before trying to qualify.
Edited by Enialyx
Added 7-8

Which is harder this MR or MR 19? Both have same mechanic but for different purpose... For MR17? I just use nezha because his sliding is so fast that might help... You really need to focus on time and you kill mobs on your way to focus for the time not running out. 🙂 

As someone who didn't practice and did it in one try, I used Ember and simply prioritized the orbs. The enemies can be ignored or killed with WoF until you get enough time, after which you just kill them off.

Don't forget to quickly use operator for some cheap energy before you start channeling WoF.

В 23.06.2018 в 02:31, Enialyx сказал:

Here's my advice:

1. Use Titania.
  2. Leave around 30-40 mod capacity empty for increased starting energy.
  3. Use a good primary weapon, I used Soma Prime. Regular Soma should do just fine.
  4. Use a fast melee weapon with good reach, I used Cassowar.
  5. Use 4th skill to fly from orb to orb right from the start. When doing so, Titania's razorflies will kill quite a few monsters automatically.
  6. Always concentrate on getting the next orb.
  7. After destroying an orb, start flying / running towards the center of the map. This will minimize transition time to the next orb.
  8. Look at the minimap to orient yourself quickly towards orbs when they appear.
  9. Shoot monsters only when you don't have to spend time doing so, e.g. when they run towards you and are already in your sights.
  10. Practise so that you pass the test 3 times in a row before trying to qualify.

Yes, it was the most difficult test of all that I've been going through so far. 

Thanks to your advice, I finally passed it today!:community::thumbup::highfive: Thanks, colleague tenno!) Moreover, I even finally finished the last part of the quest "Octavia Hymn")

However, the element of randomness in it is still present. I noticed that sometimes among the enemies there are a pair of three ancient healers, and then his passage drags on for a long time, if not ends in failure. In my opinion, such an element of the RNG should not be in the skill test.

Edited by Falconer777

Le Monday, June 25, 2018 à 09:28, megamino a dit :

Which is harder this MR or MR 19? Both have same mechanic but for different purpose... For MR17? I just use nezha because his sliding is so fast that might help... You really need to focus on time and you kill mobs on your way to focus for the time not running out. 🙂 

MR 17 is wayyy easier... Just completed it thrice with Frost Prime and a dagger... Whereas I had to practice for 3 days for the damn """stealth""" test

On 2017-08-22 at 6:20 PM, deusAZMODAN said:

So anyone got some REAL advice on how to beat this test with around 4 to 6 orbs?

Yeah, I have some advice: suck up your pride:

On 2017-08-22 at 5:49 PM, deusAZMODAN said:

And so is the vid... 10 orbs is simply beyond me. I do hate jumpNrun since Giana Sisters and was never good at it, thats why I am playing FPS and RPGs and not a stupid jumpNrun.

This is a MASTERY test. A test on whether you are MASTERING THE GAME MECHANICS. If you can't bullet jump, you might simply not deserve to get past the mastery test

You are very, very close to a classic Dark Souls fanboy "git gud" scenario. The game goves you tools with which to beat its challenges, and if you outright REFUSE to use them it is much more difficult if not impossible to beat those challenges. You can't expect to get a high score in Tetris without making lines, you can't expect to beat Puyo games without making chains, and you might not be able to beat Warframe's mastery tests without using its high-speed movement jumps

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so people saying you need to get gud and that you dont deserve the MR if you can't use the skills have a point but I think the error has to come down to that you are 'instructed' at the start:

"Let's see how you work under pressure.

Eliminate all enemies in the time you are given.

Melee strike the orbs to have extra seconds added to the clock."

If we take this literally in order, we have a higher chance of failing. If we prioritise the third instruction over the second one, we have a very good chance of success. Put simply, I think the instructions are wrong. By the time we reach MR 16 we should all be able to jump and melee fast enough to do this, but we know that we can't trust the Lotus anymore... LUL

Edited by FlymoNinja
spelling

Am 23.8.2017 um 02:49 schrieb deusAZMODAN:

Yes, u r all so very awesome, but also absolutely useless and no help at all. And so is the vid... 10 orbs is simply beyond me. I do hate jumpNrun since Giana Sisters and was never good at it, thats why I am playing FPS and RPGs and not a stupid jumpNrun.

And No, just walking around with Ember does NOT kill enough mobs in time, even after 6 or more orbs (if i get very lucky with them) I still havent killed enough mobs.

Well i thing you playing the wrong game............Destiney is next door have fun ^^btw the one not beeing usefull(helpfull) are you

Heh.  I really liked this test.   Would love to have something like this available to use in custom obstacle courses.  As soon as I hit MR17 I hit the relay and practiced and passed it on my very first attempt.  And that was without knowing anything.  When it came time for the actual test after I failed lol... I was to caught up in killing and an orb I needed to reach was very far away and there was a big group of enemies along the way and I couldnt resist....   

It does feel random where the orbs spawn so thats why the next day after I bust an orb I work my way back to the center of the map before the next orb shows up so they are never out of range.  I blew that test with like 20 seconds left on the clock.  (no abilities, just melee)

People told me to use ember and crap but I wanted to use Mag since I had just built her Prime and it has been a very long time since I have used her.  When I retook the test I tried to use her pulse but it wouldnt let me even though my energy was full and I was like wtf... people are dumb and dont know what they are talking about you cant use your powers....   but my Mag was Lv1-5 and didnt have access to it yet lol.  

• 2 weeks later...

Since this old thread was necro'd yet again, here's my two cents: this MR test is by FAR the hardest in the game (I'm MR 25, so passed all of them). See, every other test is either learnable (as in you don't get random orb placement), cheesable with the right tactic or just simple to begin with. This test is none of those. The right path is not memorisable, since it changes every run, there is no cheese tactic and the test is very tightly timed.

I was stuck on it for about two weeks and dreaded the daily tries because I knew I will fail, even if I did well on test runs, because of the sheer pressure and anxiety. And I did, repeatedly. I ended up passing it with Equinox by keeping Maim up while spinning my way from on orb to the other with Maiming Strike. I still almost failed, I remember there was a whopping 1 second left on the timer when I killed the last enemy and passed. Never came back to try the test version again, as I'm so glad I never have to see this damned test again.

As for whether MR 17 or 19 is more difficult: 17, by far. 19 is a joke with Banshee and Redeemer. Redeemer can one hit every enemy all the way because its hitscan bullets with some moddign, so you can just clear out the entire test area from your starting platform, and Banshee's passive will silence it, so enemies won't be alerted. Once everyone is dead, you can just walk leisurely to the orbs, hit them and get the test done. Done it without trial runs on the first attempt easily.

On 2017-08-22 at 7:49 PM, deusAZMODAN said:

Yes, u r all so very awesome, but also absolutely useless and no help at all. And so is the vid... 10 orbs is simply beyond me. I do hate jumpNrun since Giana Sisters and was never good at it, thats why I am playing FPS and RPGs and not a stupid jumpNrun.

And No, just walking around with Ember does NOT kill enough mobs in time, even after 6 or more orbs (if i get very lucky with them) I still havent killed enough mobs.

This isn't an fps though. You have to run, not walk. Limbo works as well.

The test MR17 is very hard, the programmers of Warframe should take into consideration the internet speed of other countries, which for some is very low in comparison with the speed they have in the US. 

They should pay more attention to the comments from the players of those countries too, since many of them have stopped playing for that reason. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)sensei_doidao said:

The test MR17 is very hard, the programmers of Warframe should take into consideration the internet speed of other countries, which for some is very low in comparison with the speed they have in the US. 

They should pay more attention to the comments from the players of those countries too, since many of them have stopped playing for that reason. 

The MR 17 test is indeed very hard, due to its unpredictable nature.

Neither DE nor your ISP can help you when you're the host (no servers involved during mastery tests).

I guess it's hard if you have lag. But there's some surprising situations in this game which punish you if you have lag, like a nullifier spawning near you when using rhino on an enemy-crowded area in level where you need to worry about your survivability. Or if you play a squishy frame that requires you to keep dodging a lot.

Other than that, I dont see how this test was too hard, I'm not one of the skilled players, failed it maybe 2-3 times but still did it with 10+ seconds left on my third best attempt. It's RNG and I had good rng when I had over 20 seconds left and succeeded on a practice attempt but those numbers and my skill level just tell it's not that hard if you dont have lag. I used Rhino without using stomp nor any mods to make me go faster, just shot enemies in front of me with a pyrana because it has some spread and is fast, you dont need to waste time aiming. It also has rather fast reload. Didn't also have any extra reach on my nikana.

Best of luck to this test for whoever is struggling with it, I think it might be the hardest test so far. Just before attempting it you should practice it once or twice, maybe more, to have the map layout in fresh memory. The lower and higher levels can confuse you and make it harder to get the orbs, I looked at the orb levels from the minimap sometimes, not sure if it helped.

edit: if you're struggling with it, I would suggest Nezha and Pyrana and maybe jumping and sliding instead of running most of the time to make you go faster, Nezha is a fast slider.

Edited by BoarWarrior