Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just wanna ask

Xenophia

It's been bugging my mind for quite sometime. Why does Maiming Strike increase crit chance by flat amount but not for Hydraulic Crosshair and Argon Scope even though aiming for headshot is harder than performing the slide attack? Is It going to make gun more op than melee? I'm still new so I don't really know.

I'm not good at english so sorry if I made any mistake :<

Edited by Xenophia

I believe a flat increase in crit chance would make quite a few weapons 'really' OP, imagine putting Argon scope on a Daikyu Bow with high base damage/status chance, but low critical multiplier, suddenly you got a status bow turned critical. Also imagine an ignis with argon scope while using banshee with a powerful sonar build.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

as said above, while melees have overall a low crit chance that can't reach 100% for like rifles and bow we can reach more than 100%, add it with a great base crit multiplier and you got tons of damage
and you would also use it in weapons with not great base crit chance but that become really powerful if they get that muc crit chance (as said above, the ignis)

21 minutes ago, (Xbox One)calvina said:

I believe a flat increase in crit chance would make quite a few weapons 'really' OP, imagine putting Argon scope on a Daikyu Bow with high base damage/status chance, but low critical multiplier, suddenly you got a status bow turned critical. Also imagine an ignis with argon scope while using banshee with a powerful sonar build.

But wasn't maiming strike also made a lot of melee weapon really op? And headshot in this game is quite hard to perform too.(Still don't know why shooting at the back of the grineer units's head weren't consider as a headshot.)

or maybe they can just make it so it can't be use on continuous weapon.

Edited by Xenophia

Just now, Xenophia said:

But wasn't maiming strike also made a lot of melee weapon really op? And headshot in this game is quite hard to perform too(Still don't know why shooting at the back of the grineer units's head weren't consider as a headshot)

Well, not every melee weapon is effective at spin attacks(some are slow, others barely have any range, etc), but for argon scope, all you need to do is hit a headshot and you got your buff. And just about every primary weapon would benefit from a flat increase in critical chance, not to mention they can still be used normally, you literally have to go out of your way to perform a spin attack with your melee weapon in order for maiming strike to work.

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)calvina said:

Well, not every melee weapon is effective at spin attacks(some are slow, others barely have any range, etc), but for argon scope, all you need to do is hit a headshot and you got your buff. And just about every primary weapon would benefit from a flat increase in critical chance, not to mention they can still be used normally, you literally have to go out of your way to perform a spin attack with your melee weapon in order for maiming strike to work.

hmm. Ok I get it. I really having a blast using harrow and knell combo so that's why I'm curious about it. Putting a bullet through the head is really satisfying .

My guess is that at the time the only really useful crit chance mod was True Steel which only adds +60% crit chance. Now when you compare it to point strike's 150% or Pistol Gambit's +120% melee was laughably lacking and I am fairly certain Primed pistol gambit was already out. I think that the inclusion of maiming strike and blood rush at the same time was going a bit overboard but it makes sense why. Melee was weak at that point.

Edited by S0V3REiGN