Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Wall of Bahamut - the third remake [OOC]

ShrimpOverlord

Years after the war, the Corpus have discovered a possible threat in a neighboring dimension. They build a dimension travel machine and sent a bunch of people to check that threat out. Unbeknownst to everyone, that dimension is vastly different in ways that the corpus could not predict. Venture into that dimension, not knowing what is expecting you in the other side.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, and welcome to the second or third remake of TWoB!

I'm going to explain a few things.

*In the alternate dimension, the rules of physics are different from our dimensions, making guns and energy weapons useless. The main weapons are melee weapons.

*I am going to be using a D20 system and a health system. I'm going to explain about them later.

*Breaking the rules 3 times, will result in 2 things: Ruining other's fun, and getting kicked. Sorry, but that's just needed.

*This is a remake. The events are going to be similar, but not quite the same.

*If you want to get it, I will let you if the sheet is good enough. This includes everyone, even people who I have had conflicts with in the past.

Note: If you don't understand the systems I'm going to describe, don't worry. They are very easy to understand once you start using them, and the text explanation can be confusing.

D20 system:

Due to my love and respect towards D&D, I'm going to use a D20 system.

The way it works is that when in a fight, instead of describing your attack on an enemy, you first roll a D20. To hit an enemy, you need to roll above its armor class (AC for short).

Critical rolls: Rolling 20 will always hit, and will cause double damage to the enemy. Rolling one will cause the attack to miss, and the next enemy to attack you will roll twice, and pick the better roll.

Example: Nuro is fighting a zombie. The zombie has an AC of 7. Nuro rolls 13 and hits the zombie. Nuro's player then describes the hit: "Nuro charged towards the zombie with her spear raised. Before the zombie can react, she stabs him with the spear".

Example 2: Jay is fighting against a mud crab. The mud crab has an AC of 5. Jay rolls a 3 and misses the zombie. Jay's player describes the miss: "Jay tried to kick the mud crab. The mud crab dodged, and instead Jay's foot hit a rock."

HP system:

Enemies and player characters have a set HP. Once a player hits an enemy, or an enemy hits a character, you reduce some of the HP of the target. The damage is determined by the weapon type.

Example: Nuro uses a spear, which deals 4 damage on hit. Nuro deals 4 damage to the zombie.

Weapon system:

Different weapons have different damage and different attacks per turn.

Big weapons: 4 damage, 1 attack per turn.

Medium weapons: 2 damage, 2 attacks per turn. Can attack different enemies.

Ranged weapons: 3 damage, can attack without getting close to the enemy.

Fists: 1 damage, 2 attacks per turn, can attack different enemies.

Loot system 

After the players kill a difficult monster, they roll for loot.

Loot rolls list:

Spoiler

1-3: No loot :(

3-6: A little gold.

7-10: A moderate amount of gold.

11-14: Some kind of consumable.

15-18: A weapon or a piece of armor with a nice effect.

19: A big amount of gold.

20: Legendary weapon / armor.

Players have a base HP of 25 and a base AC of 10.

Rules:

• If you die, you can submit an application for another character.
  • Dying means dying. No revives.
  • This is pre u18 cannon. Tenno are inside the warframe.
  • Game mechanics =\= RP mechanics. (Ex. Hide weapon when holstered isn't cannon.)
  • Absolutely no meta-gaming 
  • Ice giants are not called ice giants just because they're cold.
  • No talking about ice giants, or making ice giant related puns.
  • Only I or other DM's can spawn enemies
  • Please put some effort in your posts. I am not saying that every post should be a wall of text, just have it at least 3 lines. In combat, though, it's fine to have one or two lines of text.
  • During a battle, you only get 1 attack per post. You need to wait for at least 2 posts before attacking again. This is to make battles a little harder.
  • I cannot stretch this enough. No re-rolling.

Applications:

Name:

Race: Tenno, Corpus, or Grineer. Normal humans are rare.

Personality:

Warframe, if Tenno:

Weapon (I'll need to approve your weapon and choose a category. Choose one without a special effect):

Bio:

Appearance:

Reason for getting invited to the mission:

Edited by ShrimpOverlord

Name: Shera

Race: Tenno

Personality: Pretty unremarkable, all things considered. She tries to stay out of sight, and is somewhat awkward around people she does not know. She can be pretty open minded and talkative, but only with people she has gotten to know well

Warframe: Mesa

Weapon: Vectis, used as an improvised baseball bat (big), and Regulators used as dual "maces" (medium)

Bio: Since waking up she's been running missions either solo or with one cell, that she has stuck with. She's highly skilled with a sniper rifle and her Regulators, and practically never lets go of her Vectis.

Appearance: in frame - basic mesa with red tint instead of yellow.

Out of frame - lithe, tall, pale-ish redhead, with pixiecut hair and a dash of freckles.

Reason for getting invited to the mission: Someone accidentaly mixed up the sheets of people being invited, and Shera's sheet got mixed in the approved bunch.

23 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

Name: Shera

Personality: Pretty unremarkable, all things considered. She tries to stay out of sight, and is somewhat awkward around people she does not know. She can be pretty open minded and talkative, but only with people she has gotten to know well

Warframe: Mesa

Weapon: Vectis, used as an improvised baseball bat (big), and Regulators used as dual "maces" (medium)

Bio: Since waking up she's been running missions either solo or with one cell, that she has stuck with. She's highly skilled with a sniper rifle and her Regulators, and practically never lets go of her Vectis.

Appearance: in frame - basic mesa with red tint instead of yellow.

Out of frame - lithe, tall, pale-ish redhead, with pixiecut hair and a dash of freckles.

Reason for getting invited to the mission: Someone accidentaly mixed up the sheets of people being invited, and Shera's sheet got mixed in the approved bunch.

Simple sheet, but you're in!

I think we should wait until we have something like 4 people in before we start.

Name: August Torren

Personality: In short, August is an artist commited to her craft. Since her earliest days as an artist, her passion was always to draw humans in various states. August is a seductress, and a fighter, obsessed with capturing the natural state. She doesn't take no for an answer and is rather quick witted, leading to her being exhausting to argue against. August is also incredibly arrogant, which has occasionally gotten her into massive amounts of trouble.

Warframe, if Tenno: Banshee

Weapon: Dakra Prime (Medium)

Bio: August is an artist with a love for human anatomy. From a young age, she's dedicated her life to drawing and painting as many different bodies in as many different poses and situations as possible. To truly make her collection spectacular, she's been hunting different specimen, putting them into unusual positions and situations, and recreating the result on her canvas. As soon as she had become aware of the possibility of interdimensional travel, she set out to find a program where she could expand her collection to transcend dimensions, bringing her to this particular mission.

Appearance: August's warframe is that of a Banshee donning the Echo helmet, making her heavily resemble a bat. The suit itself is hand painted gray, with sections of a dark orange, complementing various shades of lilac spread across the frame. It is much more a work of art than it is an exoskeleton designed for battle.

Under the suit, August has short, messy brown hair that refuses to maintain any shape except its natural one. She has moderately tanned skin, paired with two bright blue dots for eyes. Some would describe August as constantly feasting on others with her eyes. She's of average stature, neither too thin nor too muscular, but one can clearly tell that she maintains her body rather well.

Reason for getting invited to the mission: She was invited for the sole reason of being so insistent that she was near impossible to ignore.

Name: Mania (my OC version of him, at least)

Race: Tenno, but not

Personality: Mischievous, but reserved

Warframe, if Tenno: Loki... sort of. Has Turbulence instead of Decoy, but will try to hide this fact.

Weapon (I'll need to approve your weapon and choose a category. Choose one without a special effect): Lacera... but I can't have special effects, right? So without the hook? Half a Lacera? Also, there's no light weapons? 1 damage, 4 enemies? Like, its half a Lacera... so...

Bio: Once a low Guardian under the Stalker, he had watched the Tenno slaughter the Orokin in horror. Many years later, he joins the Stalker in his mission for revenge.  However, now, his heart is tempered by the reveal of the Tenno's true nature and seeks to understand what happened in the past.

Note: Speed Dating version of him (if you know that one) is not this one.

Appearance: Normal Loki. White and black with red highlights is his color scheme.

Reason for getting invited to the mission: A plant by the Stalker. 

Edited by jjpdn

4 hours ago, DaMadReaper said:

-snippo-

No problems, you're in

35 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

Name: Mania (my OC version of him, at least)

Race: Tenno, but not

Personality: Mischievous, but reserved

Warframe, if Tenno: Loki... sort of. Has Turbulence instead of Decoy, but will try to hide this fact.

Weapon (I'll need to approve your weapon and choose a category. Choose one without a special effect): Lacera... but I can't have special effects, right? So without the hook? Half a Lacera? Also, there's no light weapons? 1 damage, 4 enemies? Like, its half a Lacera... so...

Bio: Once a low Guardian under the Stalker, he had watched the Tenno slaughter the Orokin in horror. Many years later, he joins the Stalker in his mission for revenge.  However, now, his heart is tempered by the reveal of the Tenno's true nature and seeks to understand what happened in the past.

Note: Speed Dating version of him (if you know that one) is not this one.

Appearance: Normal Loki. White and black with red highlights is his color scheme.

Reason for getting invited to the mission: A plant by the Stalker. 

While I personally have no problem with this, note that other players might be a bit less accepting of an acolyte among them. So you can bring him in, but it's a bit of a risk; you can switch if you want.

Also, your name is really familiar... I think I was in an RP with you? Can't remember which and I'm not really convinced it was Speed Dating...

6 hours ago, ShrimpOverlord said:

No problems, you're in

While I personally have no problem with this, note that other players might be a bit less accepting of an acolyte among them. So you can bring him in, but it's a bit of a risk; you can switch if you want.

Also, your name is really familiar... I think I was in an RP with you? Can't remember which and I'm not really convinced it was Speed Dating...

Guess I'll ask them then.

In terms of familiarity... uh... I do remember a Mirage profile pic, but it could have been anyone. :(

10 hours ago, DaMadReaper said:

-snip-

On 8/24/2017 at 5:36 AM, Psychotoxin said:

-snip-

Hey, so I'll be joining alongside you guys, but I'm a spy. Your character's won't know I'm a spy at the beginning. You alright with that? 

(sorry about the double post, having troubles with copying quotes into an edit of my other post)

Edited by jjpdn

18 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

Hey, so I'll be joining alongside you guys, but I'm a spy. Your character's won't know I'm a spy at the beginning. You alright with that? 

(sorry about the double post, having troubles with copying quotes into an edit of my other post)

August really wouldn't care. Although, she *is* smart enough to notice blackmail when she sees it. If you do get caught by her, you might end up kickstarting your possibly unwanted modelling career.

27 minutes ago, DaMadReaper said:

August really wouldn't care. Although, she *is* smart enough to notice blackmail when she sees it. If you do get caught by her, you might end up kickstarting your possibly unwanted modelling career.

He's a spy, would kind of paint him as a bad guy if he is blackmailing people, which would blow his cover.  :)

Edited by jjpdn

3 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

He's a spy, would kind of paint him as a bad guy if he is blackmailing people, which would blow his cover.  :)

Rather, I meant that she would notice an opportunity for blackmailing him, in case his true nature is ever revealed. She'd really do anything for a good model or two. 

13 minutes ago, DaMadReaper said:

Rather, I meant that she would notice an opportunity for blackmailing him, in case his true nature is ever revealed. She'd really do anything for a good model or two. 

Ooooh fuhhhhh-iretrucks.

Wonder what her reaction would be if her Dakra was reskinned one day with a skin that suspiciously looks like the Mona Lisa. 

...its gonna be really weird, as Mania is too reserved to laugh at even his own jokes.

Edited by jjpdn

Just now, jjpdn said:

Ooooh fuhhhhh-iretrucks.

Wonder what her reaction would be if her Dakra was reskinned one day with a skin that suspiciously looks like the Mona Lisa, weapon skin edition. 

*wink wink wink*

Its gonna be really weird, as Mania is too reserved to laugh at even his own jokes.

To be honest, I was a tad bit skeptical when you first dropped your sheet in here (no offence), but you seem like you know what you're doing. I look forward to RPing with you :D

2 minutes ago, DaMadReaper said:

To be honest, I was a tad bit skeptical when you first dropped your sheet in here (no offence), but you seem like you know what you're doing. I look forward to RPing with you :D

Thanks! Been so long since I last RP-ed, good to know I still haven't lost all my skills, though oh my that rp was an awkward one (for me). 

I can't wait to get this started!

Edited by jjpdn

Shera's gonna be kinda awkward around anyone, but she's not dumb. if she'll notice that he's acting weird, she'll either avoid him, due to paranoia, or passivelly agressivelly try to cause his death, if she is on her aggression wave.

Other than that - yeah, looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

14 hours ago, jjpdn said:

Right, forgot about that... Whoops
The Lacera will be a medium weapon. The point of choosing a weapon here is mostly for cosmetic reasons - you can describe using the hook but it still won't have any special effects.

Name: Hep Tep

Race: Corpus

Personality: Hep is content, never been too ambitious, this led him to live on a constant state of peace of mind, always finding the good side of a situation and leaving him almost constantly calm.

Armor: Corpus Spacesuit, Janitor type (Yellow markings/lights)

Weapon: Multipurpose Mop (Medium)

Bio: Hep never was something exceptional, he never was the best or the worst, he rarely risked his life as a true crewman does when the corpus demands his, but if there was one thing Hep was... He was content with what he had, he didn't mind that his role was that of Janitor and Technician (wich mostly consisted of repairing and cleaning Tenno massacrea), and he also didn't mind the fact he wasn't part of the council or the Corpus trade guild, he was just happy that as of now, he managed to outlive most Corpus he met until now.

But then, while assigned to a Corpus research facility, he saw it, the portal everyone talked about during lunchtime; now it was night, and only automated drones and Moa's were present inside the room, Hep was amazed at this sight as he brought his janitor-cart along to clean the whole portal...

...but suddenly, he slipped on a wet area in front of it and fell inside, all because the evening janitor forgot once again to put the wet sign...

...but not all was lost, as he reappeared on the other dimension, Hep took that as a new opportunity, he could now start again, but there was a slight problem...

...he knew S#&$ about where he was.

Appearance: 1,50 meters tall, bald, green eyes and large red moustache, under the suit he's nothing more than your average person, weighting 60 kg and having only slightly visible muscles.

Reason for getting invited to the mission: Invited? He wasn't invited, in fact, he doesn't even know there is a mission, he just fell into the portal.

Edited by vodkacrepper

4 hours ago, ShrimpOverlord said:

Right, forgot about that... Whoops
The Lacera will be a medium weapon. The point of choosing a weapon here is mostly for cosmetic reasons - you can describe using the hook but it still won't have any special effects.

Alright. 

...here's so filler text so this thing isn't only one word long.

Thanks for reading it.

On 26.8.2017 at 6:50 PM, vodkacrepper said:

--snep

You're in, nice character

On 26.8.2017 at 7:10 PM, jjpdn said:

Alright. 

...here's so filler text so this thing isn't only one word long.

Thanks for reading it.

What a captivating filler line.

Alright, we're four, that means we can start!
But I'm waiting for one more sheet before we do that, so it'll take a few days. Sorry for the wait!

1 hour ago, ShrimpOverlord said:

You're in, nice character

What a captivating filler line.

Alright, we're four, that means we can start!
But I'm waiting for one more sheet before we do that, so it'll take a few days. Sorry for the wait!

No worries. 

Not feeling particularly creative at the moment. But this seems interesting, I guess I'll get off my timid bottom and give it a go. Just lemme rubbish up an idea...

Name: Zwei Esser
Race: Human, Colonist
Personality: Curious and mildly eccentric. Permanently wired from drug self-testing. May suffer from occasional withdrawal symptoms.
Equipment: A pair of Fang stilettos(medium?), obtained from his service researching various Stims on Tenno Relays. Bag of chemistry equipment and syringes.
Bio: The middle of three brothers, Zwei was a brilliant understudy of a Corpus biochemist, with a chief position waiting for him upon completion of his current project - reverse-engineering and refining the Tenno Stim formulas. He frequently tested his formulations and mixes on himself, recording his findings and experimenting with various substances.
Agenda: With his competent medical theory and knowledge of field surgery, Zwei was deployed as medical staff in the 'expedition', or was it a 'mission'? If it was, he had already forgotten what the objective was. But Zwei was rather eager to have volunteered himself anyway, having desired to test out his new Stim packages on a live subject under stress in an unfamiliar environment over a period of time. And what better subject than himself?

Appearance: Pale-lipped, dark-lidded, and sunken-cheeked with much of the colour drained from his clammy skin, standing hunched at about 175cm tall. A shock of whitening hair hugs his acorn head, with a short length of stubble framing his jaw. Over the green jumpsuit that denotes his posting as a medical officer is a white lab coat, deep pocketed and hiding various syringes and bottles.

Edited by Arunafeltz

Name: Mako Qual

Race: Corpus

Personality: loyal, but not very bright, Mako is the perfect image of what the Corpus want their crewmen to be. Obedient, cheap to maintain, and efficient. Bred and raised to be a guard, such is the Corpus tradition, and he never questioned it, nor anything else, for he only awaits his orders, and is happy to fulfil them.

Weapon: he carries a Dera and a Prova, so it's obvious which one he'll be using.

Bio: it's a Corpus custom to breed in favor of the next generation. The best of their field always has to mary and give birth to a child carrying both their perfect genes, no matter their relationship. Mako's parents loathed each other, yet they upheld tradition and their children, along with the newborn guard, have been taken to special schools right away, never to see their parents again. From there on, Mako was raised to be obedient, efficient, and to not question his orders, and to find satisfaction in following them. Although he might not be very bright, for little interests him more than his next task, it was all that's required of him. For the following years of his life he was stationed at many outposts, but didn't see many battles because of the war's end.

Appearance: the standard issue Crewman jumpsuit, along with the box shaped helmet to boot. Underneath the helmet he has the appearance of a man in his late twenties, bald headed and tattooed to signify his rank. His only unique aspect are his deep brown eyes.

Reason for getting invited to the mission: he wasn't invited, just stationed at the place as a guard. Unbeknownst to him however, he'd be sent along with the group to oversee them. If only someone told him...

On 28.8.2017 at 8:13 PM, Arunafeltz said:

--

Yep, medium

8 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

--

Prova is also medium

Both accepted!

@jjpdn and @Arunafeltz - since this is your first time in this RP, I kinda feel compelled to warn you that this is definitely not a serious RP -  it's not Tenno HQ levels of silly, but don't expect anything serious and over the top. Just a fun way to mess around with warframe characters in a different, wilder setting.
Remember that, again, this isn't like Tenno HQ or the other open RPs, so detail and action flow are still required.

Weh? I didn't think I would be regarded as a serious RPer, hope I didn't give off that impression *___* A little lightheartedness is certainly fine by me, but since you said it I'll try my best to not sweat the minor details =)

And don't worry about the last bit, I'll do my best as always to make posts of some substance 

On 8/29/2017 at 4:01 PM, ShrimpOverlord said:

@jjpdn and @Arunafeltz - since this is your first time in this RP, I kinda feel compelled to warn you that this is definitely not a serious RP -  it's not Tenno HQ levels of silly, but don't expect anything serious and over the top. Just a fun way to mess around with warframe characters in a different, wilder setting.
Remember that, again, this isn't like Tenno HQ or the other open RPs, so detail and action flow are still required.

Oh ok. Sure. Do you know about when this would start? I just need to make sure what date that I need to log back in. 

:)