Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drakgoon Opinions

khangalanga

Question

Hey guys, just wanted to know what your opinion is of the Drakgoon. I didn't get to try it out much and I wanted to get everyone's opinions before I waste a catalyst on it to see its actual potential. Main reason I'm asking is because I just got this riven and wanted to see what the general consensus was of the Drakgoon before I started investing points into both the riven and the weapon itself. 

The riven in question: https://ibb.co/f9xNwk

As a side note, would anyone be able to give me a price check on that riven?

Edit: One more question - do you guys prefer to spam shoot it or hold for the charged shot?

Edited by khangalanga

13 answers to this question

Drakgoon can pack some punch and your riven is really good so the damage could really skyrocket.

However there were two thins that i did not like about it.
~ Charge time was too high and without charge it becomes useless versus anything farther away than 5 meters. Even fire-rate increase does not really help.
~ Too few shots/too high reload; for the value of damage done there were to many reload times during shooting in my opinion. With your rivens negative this could be way worse then.

Short story; Fun shotgun but I don't think it is a viable weapon for higher leveled content. but this is my personal choice! Yours may differ!

I use the Drakgoon myself but in my opinion it is not a great weapon. It's the kind of weapon that works up to level 40 and then starts to not kill things as quickly as you'd like. You can obviously change this with a nicely rolled riven. And my guess is that your riven will allow you to go all the way up to level 80 without much of a problem.

However, the Drakgoon has more shortcomings then any single riven is capable of balancing out. The weapon is slow to reload, slow to charge and can only fire 7 times before you need to reload it. You'll always spend a significant amount of time not shooting it. This means that you won't be able to rely on the Drakgoon for something like a level 100 sortie. But you will still be able to use this weapon to farm affinity, relics, syndicate standing, kuva and lots more.

So my advice is this: if you really like the Drakgoon as a weapon, like I do, then invest on it because you're investing on having more fun. But if you're not a big fan of the weapon, then save your resources for something else down the road. And you can always invest on it later if you feel like it.

It's average with perfect riven, usable but nothing amazing. Without really good dmg,multi,negative you shouldn't even bother with it.

Negative on yours is horrible, it will basically increase reload speed to something like 3 sec and that's far too long on weapon with small mag.

1 hour ago, khangalanga said:

So what you guys are saying is that even with this riven, this weapon is pretty much garbage?

That depends entirely on what you expect the weapon to be able to do. Do you expect it to handle level 200 enemies on endless missions? Then yes, it's garbage even with the riven, catalyst and forma. Do you expect it to handle level 60 enemies on kuva farming? Then no, it's not garbage.

Where do you plan to take this weapon? Low level missions? Kuva farming? Akkad? Sorties? Raids?

it is a good weapon vs enemies up to level 100. For anything (armored) above that its terrible. Heck, its having problems even versus lv 70-80 armored targets. Imo It needs more status, would be amazing with its impressive slash damage.

13 minutes ago, Amazerath said:

That depends entirely on what you expect the weapon to be able to do. Do you expect it to handle level 200 enemies on endless missions? Then yes, it's garbage even with the riven, catalyst and forma. Do you expect it to handle level 60 enemies on kuva farming? Then no, it's not garbage.

Where do you plan to take this weapon? Low level missions? Kuva farming? Akkad? Sorties? Raids?

I planned on taking it to sorties all throughout

@khangalanga

For sorties it should do fine on the first mission and "ok" on the second and third missions. It's gonna change depending on the faction you fight against and on the sortie modifiers.

For example, Infested are always going to be easier to kill because they take a lot of damage from Heat and Slash. But if the sortie has increased armor then your damage is going to drop.

2 hours ago, khangalanga said:

So what you guys are saying is that even with this riven, this weapon is pretty much garbage?

Yes it is. It has all the worst stats of the worst weapons in this game: low crit, low status, charge time and flight speed. Its only redeeming quality is high base slash damage, but it's not much use when the rest of the stats are so bad. 

The best shotguns in this game are all hitscan and automatic, plus they are either viable for 100% status builds or crit builds. 

Drakgoon needs a major buff to be viable. 

That doesn't mean your riven is worthless. I'm sure you can find some enthusiast who will buy it just to see how good the weapon can be with maxed stats. 

The Sobek is another weak shotgun (still better than Drakgoon though) but its rivens are wanted by a significant number of players in trade chat. 

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

56 minutes ago, Tacritan said:

it is a good weapon vs enemies up to level 100. For anything (armored) above that its terrible. Heck, its having problems even versus lv 70-80 armored targets. Imo It needs more status, would be amazing with its impressive slash damage.

Yes, if its base status gets bumped to at least 25% then it will be viable for 100% status and will be decent. It will still be gimped by charge time though and will need a really good riven to shine. 

Drakoon suffers for the same problem that a lot of the old shotguns / Hand-cannons suffer from. Which is Status.

That doesn't mean you can't work around it's need for status however. Abating Link, Seeking Shuriken, Sonic Fracture, Oberon, Frost. There's quite a few armor strip abilities in the game these days and this game is all about the right tool for the job. While in a general sense the weapon might not perform great against all health types there are way to fashion it into a perfect tool.

I personally don't like it's firing mechanics though. #DolarGeneral #UnrealFlakCannon