Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gal Prime worse for PvP than Galatine?

Murph_HKM

Can anyone verify this for me please? Used the Galatine quite a bit and when I saw that there's a Prime version, I figured I'd start grinding it out. However, I used this spreadsheet to look up the stats and it seems the Prime is actually worse than the original version; I've no way to verify this and I'd rather not grind out 7 more mastery ranks and all the mats for a weapon that will perform worse than its non-Prime self.

Thanks in advance!

53 minutes ago, Murph_HKM said:

Can anyone verify this for me please? Used the Galatine quite a bit and when I saw that there's a Prime version, I figured I'd start grinding it out. However, I used this spreadsheet to look up the stats and it seems the Prime is actually worse than the original version; I've no way to verify this and I'd rather not grind out 7 more mastery ranks and all the mats for a weapon that will perform worse than its non-Prime self.

Thanks in advance!

That spreadsheet is constantly updated, so yeah, galatine is better than prime. (Let's pray to DE to give us melee reach stats on ui, so we can find out if there's any drawback on using the stock galatine over the prime one).

PS: iirc you're on the conclave discord, feel free to ask there instead since most of replies here will come from the same players there.

It's possible. Same happens with Scindo.

Scindo has a nice balance of speed and damage, but Scindo Prime is faster and weaker. But since the Stance consists of strong attacks having more speed isn't as great as having more damage, therefore in practice regular Scindo is better.

Galatine series may have the same thing going on.

16 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

It's possible. Same happens with Scindo.

Scindo has a nice balance of speed and damage, but Scindo Prime is faster and weaker. But since the Stance consists of strong attacks having more speed isn't as great as having more damage, therefore in practice regular Scindo is better.

Galatine series may have the same thing going on.

22 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

That spreadsheet is constantly updated, so yeah, galatine is better than prime. (Let's pray to DE to give us melee reach stats on ui, so we can find out if there's any drawback on using the stock galatine over the prime one).

PS: iirc you're on the conclave discord, feel free to ask there instead since most of replies here will come from the same players there.

Thank you guys for the feedback!

I'll try to ask more questions in Discord. Forgot about that. 

• 1 month later...