Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivarra sleep arrow broken

McBalth

Ivarra's sleep arrow used to always put enemies to sleep with one shot. Now it takes a random number of shots, with one mission today requiring 41 shots to sleep a level 12 arson eximus. 222% duration, 175% efficiency, 49% range, 100% power strength. The range from which I fire doesn't effect this at all, tried varying that. Sometimes it shows the arrow burst on me, travel straight off left or right, pass through the enemy, or explode on them. The most frequent is that it explodes on me, and this is with the lenz, rakta cernos, cernos, and paris prime.  This started a couple weeks ago, sometimes needing two or three shots. Now it's rare to effect an enemy without taking 10-15 shots with sleep arrow. Would be great if I didn't need to use 10 energy pads to stealth around and sleep 84 enemies to get finishers on them to unlock a riven, ran out of energy four times from full (743) during the run. With the energy orbs picked up in, the level that's well over 4000 energy expended with a maximum efficiency build.

Please get this repaired, it worked fine before and I have no idea why you broke it. Or even how, as there weren't any recent changes to Ivarra announced. If it's intended to take 41 shots to sleep an unalerted level 12 arson eximus, please explain it because this absolutely baffles me.

its working fine for me.. select sleep arrow, released it and it went flying straight to the target putting a group to sleep... if i aim it to 1 guy, than that guy fall asleep.. combining it with ivara's 2nd skill still work just fine too...

so far i don't see any problem at all.  no body broke it....

i couldn't see how the type of your primary weapon effect it also. it doesn't really matter whether you use any rifle or any bow, ivara's 1st skill use her own special bow..

Edited by novalery

i dont think his range matter.. 3 meter radius is enough to put a group of mob to sleep.. or at least 1 person.

what i'm curious is that he said this

the arrow burst on me, travel straight off left or right, pass through the enemy, or explode on them

i'm guessing when he write "explode on them" part he meant that the sleep arrow burst at group of mob and put them to sleep.. which is how it suppose to work.

for the other 3 however.. 

the 2nd and the 3rd results where sleep arrow missed the mark basically means that the sleep arrow missed the target reticule..

what i do know is that if you stand very close to a target (i.e in his face close) then yes, arrows will sometime missed, and flew out not toward the target reticule.. this applies to any bows, and has been so since long time ago, not just the last 2 weeks. and it doesn't have to be mob. standing in front of a loot container and shooting it with a bow will sometimes create the same result.

i guess it has something to do with how a bow is held, if you held a bow and stand in front of a target then your hand is basically went inside the target or at least the game think that the hand is inside the target. and if you release you arrow the arrow will comes out at the other side.. 

weapon like sonicor also have the same result. for example if you stand in front of a closed hidden room (like the one in the void tile with the big white tree at the middle) hold your sonicor out and shoot, you will notice that your hand is inside the wall and you are shooting the containers behind that wall...

what i don't get is the 1st. how does the sleep arrow burst on him? i tried to recreate this one but still unable to.. but then again its a bow and arrow, normally we shoot it from a distance. not "in your face" distance..

on side note: it would be cool if there is an animation where if the target is close and you are firing a bow at it, instead of firing the arrow, you basically hold that arrow and stab the target with it saving the number of arrow you have... legolas style... 

Edited by novalery

I would directly target a single enemy, standing halfway across a room, and have it show the burst animation on my frame, or travel to the enemy and burst with no effect. Burst being the particle effect when the arrow reaches the target. I'm not complaining about burst radius, but rather not having any effect on the unit targeted. I fail to see how the ability radius would make it unable to sleep the target the arrow hits.