Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There's a need to fix on Loadout, I call this problem "Always in Edit Mode"

faustias

I'll expand the meaning of that phrase "Always in Edit Mode". I think the meaning of loadouts is nothing because any change you do is saved to the currently used loadout.

Say I have a named loadout called "Loki" which consists of [Loki, Rakta Cernos, Rakta Dagger, no-weapon Carrier]. After using the loadout for a selected mission, I got the itch of doing something else to break the usual monotony. I equipped another warframe, Excalibur while using the same weapons and changed Sentinel to Djinn.

Now, to make a point why I called it "Always in Edit mode", let's say there's a sudden alert where the mission is Spy. I rush back to Arsenal screen and open my loadout to pick "Loki" again because that's my preferred loadout for that mission. Expecting Loki's the equipped warframe, it isn't. The new "Loki" loadout consists of [Excalibur, Rakta Cernos, Rakta Dagger, and Djinn].

See what I mean? It's always in edit mode, so saving a loadout is meaningless. Loadouts suppose to exist to create a set of specific weapons without too many clicks, and yet I still have to click and scroll, if I ever notice I made a change to the loadout.

Hope, Pablo or anyone in DE notice this.

EDIT: So I forgot to add a solution. Whichever loadout we equip is copied to a "dummy/default/temporary loadout hidden in the UI, so the chosen loadout is not changeable unless saved to the same name. I dunno why we don't have that since that's how loadouts are usually made, make a temporary "container".

Edited by faustias

absolutely  agree, the solution is simple when you create a loadouts, it gives you the option to block  or not this load and when you try to change it, it automatically redirect you to your customization settings(loadouts) and thats it 

PS:sorry for my bad english ^^

Edited by (PS4)super_sayene_4

i too have a suggestion for the loadout ui. i came to create a post but as this is of the same topic i'll put it here.

when you create a first load out it isn't viewable or can be selected above the arsenal screen until you have made a second one. in addition to create that second loadout you have to select "duplicate"

when slots are limited i was worried i would waste a slot by selecting "duplicate" so for a good while i didn't bother with the feature.

perhaps consider changing name of the option "duplicate". In my opinion this would would clear up any confusions.

i would also agree and up-vote the original poster suggestions.