The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipers

S.Dust

Less zoomed in... Vectis Prime: 4x and 10x zoom Vulkar Wraith: 2.5x, 6x and 12x...eh?

I am guessing it's easier for you to use over the vectis cause of the faster fire rate (unleass your vectis gets corrupted by a fissure) and less brain cells required to know how ofted you need to reload.

And no they don't suck, you are just too used to your AoE weapons, casual.

Just now, AlphaPHENIX said:

Less zoomed in... Vectis Prime: 4x and 10x zoom Vulkar Wraith: 2.5x, 6x and 12x...eh?

I am guessing it's easier for you to use over the vectis cause of the faster fire rate (unleass your vectis gets corrupted by a fissure) and less brain cells required to know how ofted you need to reload.

the reason i say they suck is because in a mission with other random players you just cant keep up people kill everything before you can get to it, trust me i like snipers but i just cant say they beat other weapons.

The Vulkar Wraith has less zoom in general compared to the Vectis Prime. Plus, Vulkar Wraith has 3 zoom modes: 2.5x, 6x, and 12x. Vectis Prime only has 2 zoom modes: 4x, and 10x.

Spoiler

I like sniper rifles... ;~;
They don't suck...

Edited by BrokenBullet

Just now, S.Dust said:

the reason i say they suck is because in a mission with other random players you just cant keep up people kill everything before you can get to it, trust me i like snipers but i just cant say they beat other weapons.

My last mission I was leveling my Lanka, I outdamaged an ember. 

4 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

A sniper isn't supposed to be getting the most kills any way. Your job is to eliminate high value targets not fodder.

4 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Maybe he isn't using the third zoom tier. 

Which is a completely valid point.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

Just now, BrazilianJoe said:

I'd like to see a sniper buff myself.

on top of that i dont like the fact that you cant pick a zoom you're comfortable with, without losing a buff it should be pick what you want and keep what ever buff you want.

37 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

ok you say snipers dont suck but you cant say you wouldnt like to see them brought up to the level of some other weapons like hey you dont see a sniper 2 shoting a lvl 100 bombard.

Lanka would like a word with you. If you get lucky with the procs, you can 2-3 shot a lvl 100 corrupted bombard. It usually takes around 4 headshots to kill one without using any buffs. With buffs like the ones from Chroma, Nova, Octavia, Mirage, Harrow,Mag you can even 1 shot them. 

Snipers do need a buff, but they are not as weak as you make them out to be. 

Edited by aligatorno

45 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

True. AoE weapon are more powefull and easier to use than single shot weapons like snipers. I liked using snipers, but for some time now I just use Opticor or Lenz. I liked Ferrox but Opticor does ~2.5x more damage in the same time for me (I got decent rivens on both). And Snipers are somewhat less powerfull than Ferrox. Go figure.

But still, snipers are still underwheling on higher levels on the exact job they are supposed to do, kill single largets in 1 or 2 shots. I would suggest to add a 90% ignore of armour if you score a headshot.

Vulkar family is the easiest sniper rifle type to use, semi-automatic firing means follow up shots are fast and the gun is more forgiving of poor aim, and default 2.5x zoom doesn't screw with your peripheral vision too much. it's much easier to use at closer ranges as a result. given that it can zoom as far as 12x magnification, I'd argue the Vulkar Wraith is the bet Sniper overall IMO, as it doesn't handicap you much in CQC while still being viable for proper long range engagements.

that said, snipers do still need a buff. I'm hoping that with the open areas of the Plains of Eidolon, more players will consider trying their hand at sniping, and DE will recognise this and give snipers another much needed buff.

I actually enjoy snipers, especially back in the void era where i'd globe up with frost and guard the main door with the 2 staircase while other people got the sides and back end. One of the reasons i'm hyped for PoE besides the exploration and new boss (i'll definetly go solo first before jumping in pub for PoE)

8 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Ah yes, shotguns, in other words the alternative for a sniper in close range combat...

in Warframe you are in close range combat 90% of the time though, maps aren't big enough for sniper rifles to compete with other weapon types by any way, maybe except Lanka which is a big exception. 

Almost everyone agrees on innate punch-through and removal of unscoped accuracy loss. After that, maybe we can start actually buffing them, but first we need to remove their unnecessary handicap.