Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does status proc distribution account for resistances?

Senguash

Question

Lets say 50% of my weapons damage is impact and 50% of it is corrosive.

This means half of my status procs will be impact and half will be corrosive.

Now lets say my target has ferrite armor, which means the corrosive damage I deal is increased by 75%.

Against this enemy I'm dealing ~70% corrosive and ~30% impact damage.

Does status chance account for this? Will ~70% or 50% of my procs be corrosive?

4 answers to this question

Actually that weapon would have a proc ration of 80% impact and 20% corrosive. As YUNoJump said, IPS counts as x4 in the status proc calculation

So when its 25 damage each the impact will count as 100. so the impact will be 100/125 and the corrosive 25/125.

Next to that, status is calculated only based on the theoretical value before resistances and so does not change.

Edited by Airwolfen

To start with, the Impact/Puncture/Slash on a weapon has a 4x higher chance to proc than normal elements, so it's not exactly 50/50.

In regards to the other part, I doubt it makes a difference, procs generally seem to be carried out on a whole different level to damage. In the same regard, enemies with resistance to an element don't get any resistance to that element's proc. I'd imagine that you wouldn't need to worry about it.

53 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

To start with, the Impact/Puncture/Slash on a weapon has a 4x higher chance to proc than normal elements, so it's not exactly 50/50.

Is that supported by datamining or by statistical evaluation of experiments?

Edited by --Q--Poeps

1 hour ago, --Q--Poeps said:

Is that supported by datamining or by statistical evaluation of experiments?

It was extensively tested at the time at least. People were in a franzy to understand damage 2.0 when it came out, that I know. But that was years ago. So would be quite something if everyone just excepted it and it was suddenly wrong all this time.

But simple experimentation can show you that its the way it functions.

(and no, one dataminer going down does not mean all known info is suddenly false.)