Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

2 hours ago, Cyv001 said:

Brings a tear to my eye, bravo! Btw, is the left hip piece meant to be entirely gold? I’m assuming no because of how this version is slightly outdated.

No isn't on final version. I just forgot to mirror it in Zbrush.

I like most everything but the thighs. They look.. bulky for my taste because the flourishes face down and forward. 

I like Eq as a frame but the aethetic of the day form of the frame never appealed to me. The Michelin man rings, the butt hooks, and the dangling anterior hip rings. Man if you could infest them up and give them a different vibe, that would be amazing.

Just now, (PS4)teacup775 said:

I like most everything but the thighs. They look.. bulky for my taste because the flourishes face down and forward. 

I like Eq as a frame but the aethetic of the day form of the frame never appealed to me. The Michelin man rings, the butt hooks, and the dangling anterior hip rings. Man if you could infest them up and give them a different vibe, that would be amazing.

I'm afraid those rings are kinda finalized. She was a very restrictive frame to work with, no matter how crusty I would make the rings and ribs, they wouldn't look very infested at the end. She's just kinda a weird frame with weird proportions. Next frame I'll be working on will be much easier to work with in my aesthetic (ash). 

2 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

I'm afraid those rings are kinda finalized. She was a very restrictive frame to work with, no matter how crusty I would make the rings and ribs, they wouldn't look very infested at the end. She's just kinda a weird frame with weird proportions. Next frame I'll be working on will be much easier to work with in my aesthetic (ash). 

Ah well. Looking forward to your Ash then!

On 2018-08-17 at 4:05 PM, Vulbjorn said:

A little sneak peak of completed Day form (sculpt, slightly outdated version, lacks completed tint3 and some lights), for your eyestalk lickening. Get ready to dig through the witches, burn through the ditches.

Hide contents

ad0d10a2db.png

It looks good. I am looking forward to the Night Form.

23 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

No isn't on final version. I just forgot to mirror it in Zbrush.

Ok, cool! I’m looking forward to what the patterning on them looks like. You did a really good job with integrating the “orokin rig”, it really makes those weird shapes on Equinox fit.

5 hours ago, Cyv001 said:

Ok, cool! I’m looking forward to what the patterning on them looks like. You did a really good job with integrating the “orokin rig”, it really makes those weird shapes on Equinox fit.

Your wish is my command. (to note, I'm working on her Day jaw, so for now she got Night's chomper as a placeholder. Also, arms rings ended up baking really badly, so have to remodel those) 

Spoiler

6c26292d0b.png6ef3a56b7d.png

34 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

Your wish is my command. (to note, I'm working on her Day jaw, so for now she got Night's chomper as a placeholder. Also, arms rings ended up baking really badly, so have to remodel those) 

Hide contents

6c26292d0b.png6ef3a56b7d.png

😍😍😍😍😍

On 2018-08-19 at 1:54 AM, Vulbjorn said:

So Ash is next? My life continues

So, deadline is in two weeks, which means panic mode engaged, and external pumps are starting to replace my blood with pure turbocoffee. I think I should make it in time, though, she's effectively finished, just constantly getting optimized and refined now. If I still have some time left, I thought about making a companion weapon for her, that being a greataxe. Here's a rough concept I made, already started working on the model, shouldn't theoretically be all that lengthy of a process.

Spoiler

77214c9b5a.png

Just now, Benjamin_Smaridge said:

do you have any plans to make tennogen in your infested/organic style? like infested Jaws, so somehting like that?

If you mean for tenno, absolutely, but I'd like to get access to suits first. When I do - expect some real wacky and surrealistic tomfoolery. Without access to full body a giant, beetle-like composite helmet sitting on top of normal suit would just look weird.

2 minutes ago, Benjamin_Smaridge said:

would you do a Mag skin? her simple body design lends it'self to your design style imo

I'm planning to do all of the frames eventually, but one at a time. Equinox was a gigantic work, so she took longer than expected. Next one should be Ash, who should be pretty quick and easy to do, considering his simplistic mesh. Then, who knows, maybe Mag, maybe Nova, maybe Nekros.

P.S. Regarding infested polearm - we already have Lesion, so it kinda covers infested department. I wanted to do axe, because there's no infested variants or skins. This one will be unusual. Though, teeth will have to go.

1 hour ago, Vulbjorn said:

So, deadline is in two weeks, which means panic mode engaged, and external pumps are starting to replace my blood with pure turbocoffee. I think I should make it in time, though, she's effectively finished, just constantly getting optimized and refined now. If I still have some time left, I thought about making a companion weapon for her, that being a greataxe. Here's a rough concept I made, already started working on the model, shouldn't theoretically be all that lengthy of a process.

Hide contents

77214c9b5a.png

That's an awesome looking great axe.

Did you release screenshots for the Night Form without me noticing? :shocked:

I don't think so. Night is currently getting her tints reworked, they didn't look very good on final version. Here's the latest version, if you're interested.  (eye gouging colours so program can recognize tints easily. She won't be this electric blue at the end)c773acde1d.png

6 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

I don't think so. Night is currently getting her tints reworked, they didn't look very good on final version. Here's the latest version, if you're interested.  (eye gouging colours so program can recognize tints easily. She won't be this electric blue at the end)c773acde1d.png

Are day and night forms going to have unique coloring? Or will they retain the same color set throughout? I only ask cuz the day form wip you shared has the same white, gold, etc placements

1 minute ago, Cyv001 said:

Are day and night forms going to have unique coloring? Or will they retain the same color set throughout? I only ask cuz the day form wip you shared has the same white, gold, etc placements

Those are ID masks, if I want, I can make Night have inverse colors of Day, and Combined have a completely wild mash. I.e. Day's tint1 can be Night's tint3 and vice versa. I think Night will be basis for combined form too, i.e. Night's tint1 will be combined's dominant tint.

I'm still unsure about whether I want Day to be inverse of Night or not. I thought it would be kinda interesting if they both had identical primary, would play well with armor you put on those guys. If I make them inverse of each other, you can end up with a situation like, you have red primary on Day and white on Night, you put white shoulders on Night, and when you switch to day you are suddenly red with these standing out white shoulders.

3 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

Those are ID masks, if I want, I can make Night have inverse colors of Day, and Combined have a completely wild mash. I.e. Day's tint1 can be Night's tint3 and vice versa. I think Night will be basis for combined form too, i.e. Night's tint1 will be combined's dominant tint.

I'm still unsure about whether I want Day to be inverse of Night or not. I thought it would be kinda interesting if they both had identical primary, would play well with armor you put on those guys. If I make them inverse of each other, you can end up with a situation like, you have red primary on Day and white on Night, you put white shoulders on Night, and when you switch to day you are suddenly red with these standing out white shoulders.

Ah ok. I guess I just gotta hold out for combined form now, not sure if my ideas from a while ago inspired anything.

On 2018-08-22 at 8:31 PM, Vulbjorn said:

Hide contents

77214c9b5a.png

i would buy five of these

Archived