Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

Thanks, and I guess I am now. Maybe we could band together with Hazmot and Faven and produce an absolute ungodly abomination, consistent out of corpus, infested and grineer parts some time.  

What could the sword be called, I wonder? Any ideas? I'm really bad with names, sorry.

The name for the sword is a tough one.

if it were me, I call it the Osiris skin.

Osiris was the green (sometimes blue) god of the underworld, death, and judgement.

Or, if you want to go deeper into Egyptian myth, you could use Amheh, pronounced Ah-hell, who was a beast living in the lake of fire, and the devourer of millions, and minds. I think this would be perfect for the infested theme. Reference.

Or, you could call it Serket, after the scorpion goddess.

1 hour ago, Vulbjorn said:

Thanks, and I guess I am now. Maybe we could band together with Hazmot and Faven and produce an absolute ungodly abomination, consistent out of corpus, infested and grineer parts some time.  

What could the sword be called, I wonder? Any ideas? I'm really bad with names, sorry.

Dude,name of your infested sword is Khopesh

15 minutes ago, (PS4)DeerGodWrath said:

Khopesh is a type of sword. I mean, just calling it that seems a bit bland. There isn't a Sword skin for a Katana, or a Rapier? No, they each have own names to their own. 

Actually there's Glaive, Plasma Sword (along with all the others like Heat Sword and Ether Sword), Dual Cleavers, Kama and Dual Kama, Machete, Gazal Machete, Bo, Tonbo, Guandao, to name a few.

Personally I think either just Khopesh or "-Something- Khopesh" like the Gazal Machete would work.

2 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

So now we have Faven for Grineer, FrellingHazmot for Corpus and you for Infested...alrighty we got our set...unless somebody's gonna take the spot for Tenno style(HitsuSan?). Damn man what a time to be a FashionFrame member.

Now think how collabs would look.

3 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Actually there's Glaive, Plasma Sword (along with all the others like Heat Sword and Ether Sword), Dual Cleavers, Kama and Dual Kama, Machete, Gazal Machete, Bo, Tonbo, Guandao, to name a few.

Personally I think either just Khopesh or "-Something- Khopesh" like the Gazal Machete would work.

Thank you my smart tenno player. You think like a true ninja 😊👍🍺👌

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

I would have to disagree, unless, of course, it was just a normal Khopesh. Let's get creative for this infested thing, and not stick to just the name of the weapon type. 

Started working on exo-lung backpack. When I finish, it should have pulsating pustules, in tact with it's breathing. ffc46bee38.jpg

P.S. (I don't actually know where to put those pustules yet. I forgot to make a concept). Also, khopesh got a little guard. 

Spoiler

957edd18f9.jpg

1 hour ago, Vulbjorn said:

Started working on exo-lung backpack. When I finish, it should have pulsating pustules, in tact with it's breathing. ffc46bee38.jpg

P.S. (I don't actually know where to put those pustules yet. I forgot to make a concept). Also, khopesh got a little guard. 

Reveal hidden contents

957edd18f9.jpg

Can you create 2 does not look like a hump, but as part of the armor or shield for the back???? and as for the sword i like it a lot 10+

4 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Started working on exo-lung backpack. When I finish, it should have pulsating pustules, in tact with it's breathing. 

Are you planning on making said pustules pulsate in the same rhythm as breathing (I----in.....o----out), instead of just pulse..pulse..pulse? Because THAT would be sick.

Chances of me suddenly just evaporating from material universe are relatively slim, for better or worse, so yes, been busy working on my backpack and Volt. Been silent because was not yet ready to show the next incarnation, but volt is starting to come along together pretty strong.

Still no idea what to call any of those, but considering the speed at which I'm going, I think I could go for a fourth item. Probably not frame skin. Maybe a weapon.

Speaking of Volts, he got an octopus butt. Ignore legs, they actually for now have no textures at all, so they "grab" whatever texture is closest, which is why they look weird.

Spoiler

7bf53adf49.jpgb2c70de2ee.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think my Volt is now officially done. Will be called Fulgursor (which is an abominable mashup of Fulgur and Cursor, "lightning carrier"). Now time to finish his weapons and release both. 

Spoiler

9ed67fec71.jpgb8ed0f701b.jpg852cbdbd2b.jpg

P.S. I cannot rename anything after certain release date. Prohibited by DE. Not to mention that there isn't a wendigo named skin, if I'm not mistaken, it's called weshiggan. That said, I called it Wendigo literally because it was last day, and I had no ideas in my mind. Would prefer something more biologicaly oriented, like Tyranid names.

P.P.S. Now to the hardest part of any skin creation - trying to find good default colourscheme which is not immediately trash.

Archived