Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

Equinox after I finish polishing three models for this round, Loki, Volt and khopesh. I won't be able to create her in time for round 12 (or 13, don't remember what number we're on now) but I'll work on her for next one.

Volt's rework is coming along nicely. He now looks like he decided to wear twenty hoodies simultaneously, which is a very good idea. For some reason, texture resolution went up too, despite model being more complex.

Spoiler

ba38f23eac.jpg375010b764.jpg9008283f92.jpg

12 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Volt's rework is coming along nicely. He now looks like he decided to wear twenty hoodies simultaneously, which is a very good idea. For some reason, texture resolution went up too, despite model being more complex.

Hide contents

ba38f23eac.jpg375010b764.jpg9008283f92.jpg

Oh wow that looks cool...this just amplifies my need to "gottagofast"

Loki is closing end of his revision. MK2 should go up today-tomorrow now. Almost 70% of his overall body was in some form reshaped, resculpted, adjusted in materials, surface detailing, resolution or partially redesigned. Parts such as feet, forearms, neck were fully redone. Some images of new notable changes under cut. 

Spoiler

25134de6af.jpgc83bf5ef8a.jpg1406218550.jpgd4fd7021b8.jpg3ba91c5198.jpgd05e06176e.jpgf0054c2061.jpg0ee4a586eb.jpg1b8032c558.jpg

P.S. thought out of the blue - it's kinda incredible how much Tennogen helped me learn modelling. Not that I'm no longer a trashgoblin.

2 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Loki is closing end of his revision. MK2 should go up today-tomorrow now. Almost 70% of his overall body was in some form reshaped, resculpted, adjusted in materials, surface detailing, resolution or partially redesigned. Parts such as feet, forearms, neck were fully redone. Some images of new notable changes under cut. 

Reveal hidden contents

25134de6af.jpgc83bf5ef8a.jpg1406218550.jpgd4fd7021b8.jpg3ba91c5198.jpgd05e06176e.jpgf0054c2061.jpg0ee4a586eb.jpg1b8032c558.jpg

P.S. thought out of the blue - it's kinda incredible how much Tennogen helped me learn modelling. Not that I'm no longer a trashgoblin.

This one is better, keep on going Vulbjorn:clem:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A belated congrats for your accepted submissions, Tenno! Still a Yuge fan of your work! You really made that Loki skin pop! Going back and retouching, resculpting, and remodeling really paid off! 

I really need to get into creating Tennogen content, myself. I don't have the time currently... I still wish for an Infested Helion jet pack Syandana! There still aren't too many good Infested Syandanas. 

I love the Iliac, Thorac, Apoxys, and the Mucusk Syandanas. The Mucusk one is awesome, but frankly I wish there was an off feature for the "tentacle-ing"; Nidus can only take so many "good-game" slaps to the back before he gets cranky! 

It'd be awesome to get some kind of bulbous, Infested Syandana in your style, Vulbjorn! It'd also be interesting to see a Syandana similar to Djinn! Too many ideas! 

34 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

Thanks, I hope I deserved a spot. People seem to be very dissatisfied with this round of tennogen.

I think it comes down to two things.

1) most people (like me) don't have plat coming out of our eyes, and so we can only spend it on tennogen for frames we like to use. Like for me it's Equinox, Nekros, Limbo and Zephyr (sometimes Titania). As you can see there were very few of those in this round.

2) I'm also fairly sure a lot of people were excited for those Zephyr skins (with her being the new prime) and Nekros (since all only Nekros Tennogen item is a really... unusual helmet at the moment). So the lack of any of those probably bothered some people.

But don't worry, I'm sure there are Volt/Loki players that will enjoy skins. :smile:

No, I see that this round was rather unusually small. I also thought there would be a couple of other skins that for sure will get in, namely Nekros, Zephyr, Rekkou's new Excalibur, etc. Just, you know, usually tennogen is a cause for celebration, but it doesn't seem to be this way this time. 

Welp, enough pondering, time to start working on Equinox. Pink into blue into pink into blue, the Horrors of Tzeentch are ever mutating, and I'll try to make the Changer of Ways proud.

4 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Welp, enough pondering, time to start working on Equinox. Pink into blue into pink into blue, the Horrors of Tzeentch are ever mutating, and I'll try to make the Changer of Ways proud.

Yeah, I so excited! :laugh:

Are you using the concept art you already made or did you come up with some more cool ideas for it? :smile:

1 hour ago, (XB1)Valen Warden said:

Maybe last round made them a little worried about welcoming in so much this time. Took a while to get all three waves of a single round in and they might not want to do that again... Which sucks, because there were so many good looking things submitted, but understandable.

I could see that, still doesn't explain why Lukini's weapon skin was added but the Titania skin that was supposed to go with it didn't. Hopefully that doesn't happen to any of Vulbjorn's stuff.

18 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

No, I see that this round was rather unusually small. I also thought there would be a couple of other skins that for sure will get in, namely Nekros, Zephyr, Rekkou's new Excalibur, etc. Just, you know, usually tennogen is a cause for celebration, but it doesn't seem to be this way this time. 

No blood for the blood gods? I guess Equinox's #4 will have to suffice. 

• 3 weeks later...

@Vulbjorn Admittedly while I won't be buying the the Volt/Loki TG (at least not in the foreseeable) because I've got too much Volt stuff and don't use Loki enough, I'm really loving the outcome. The detail is great and love the glow in Loki's legs. Volt's the best for me though as it was just such high quality and almost looks like an entirely different frame.

👍

I especially love that the spotty patterning has more depth to its normal maps instead of just being spots like the Carnifex. These ones look more obvious at least. 

I am probably going to buy a few eventually, especially because I want an infested Warframe diorama on my ship.

2 hours ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

So how is the Equinox skin going? :laugh:

Right now slowly, because I'm a wee little bit super very busy with some real world things going on. I also won't be able to show much progress in a while, considering that I will need to make three skins for her, instead of one

P.S. thanks to everybody for liking my skins. That reminds me, I kinda wanted to revisit my Carnifex some time and readjust some details, shapes and textures. 

1 hour ago, NurglesSocks said:

Love your work. will be getting those 2 new skins today. did you do the volt as well, yeah? I have your wendigo one... did you do the infested nezha one as well?

Nezha is by Novabjorn who is absolutely not me, last time I checked. I did Nyx Carnifex, Rhino Mastodon, Oberon Wendigo, Volt Fulgursor, Loki Erebus, Nyx Ampulex... eeeh.. and that's it, I think. Working on Equinox one now.

Archived