Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

2 hours ago, Cyv001 said:

Any works in progress you'd like to share, since it seems like equinox is further along? Currently I find her... uncustomizeable, so I'm really holding out for your skin to fix that.

I'm afraid not for now. She's currently like a taken apart car, with a whole bunch of placeholder models mushed together or exploded. I will present her for sure some time later, when I'll start finalizing the model. In short, she'll work kinda like this - Primary, big carapace. Secondary, meat under the carapace. Tertiary, gradient bug-like pattern (but not dots) over the carapace. Accents, metallic ingrown robotic parts (her round parts), remnants of the Orokin harness that failed to contain her. And energy is energy. 

12 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

I'm afraid not for now. She's currently like a taken apart car, with a whole bunch of placeholder models mushed together or exploded. I will present her for sure some time later, when I'll start finalizing the model. In short, she'll work kinda like this - Primary, big carapace. Secondary, meat under the carapace. Tertiary, gradient bug-like pattern (but not dots) over the carapace. Accents, metallic ingrown robotic parts (her round parts), remnants of the Orokin harness that failed to contain her. And energy is energy. 

Alright, well thanks for the verbal update! I love how you do your tertiary patterning, although I do have one question. Will your equinox skin's combined form have true duality, like how the original equinox is split in half? Or will it be more like prosetisen's skin, where the combined form looks more like one form than the other?

On 2018-07-10 at 4:46 AM, Vulbjorn said:

Pretty well, I've been experimenting with the new pipeline that would make it easier for me to make future skins and Equinox is now roughly 70% complete. Working on her metallics now.  I can finally see how I'm going to put her together at the end. Also been working with some other creators to help with their projects, which also eats a bit of time.

...also, installed Fallout 4, which really killed my productivity for like a week or two. Modded it to S#&$ and back, got permanent green sky and super mutants in bikinis. Have no idea which mod caused that.

That is awesome to hear.

Yeah, Fallout 4 is a pretty fun game. :smile:

10 hours ago, Cyv001 said:

Alright, well thanks for the verbal update! I love how you do your tertiary patterning, although I do have one question. Will your equinox skin's combined form have true duality, like how the original equinox is split in half? Or will it be more like prosetisen's skin, where the combined form looks more like one form than the other?

Due to how the tints will be distributed, I think it will be "untrue" duality. Haven't done combined tints yet, though, so not sure. Maybe I'll figure something out

50 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

Due to how the tints will be distributed, I think it will be "untrue" duality. Haven't done combined tints yet, though, so not sure. Maybe I'll figure something out

Alright, honestly I’m hoping you can pull off true duality! Your skins are quite high quality and it’d be nice seeing that extra effort put in. Particularly, I’ve been looking at photos of heterochromatic lobsters lately, and maybe you could use it as inspiration? Or at the very least, see that true duality wouldn’t be far fetched for an infested styled skin.half-and-half-colored-lobster.jpg 

49 minutes ago, Cyv001 said:

Alright, honestly I’m hoping you can pull off true duality! Your skins are quite high quality and it’d be nice seeing that extra effort put in. Particularly, I’ve been looking at photos of heterochromatic lobsters lately, and maybe you could use it as inspiration? Or at the very least, see that true duality wouldn’t be far fetched for an infested styled skin.half-and-half-colored-lobster.jpg 

To be honest, I thought people didn't actually like her being split in the middle like that. I'll think of something. Hm, what a terribly charismatic duck. That gives me an idea.

2 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

To be honest, I thought people didn't actually like her being split in the middle like that. I'll think of something. Hm, what a terribly charismatic duck. That gives me an idea.

Perhaps a heterochromatic Infested Skin could be split by the intact Orokin harness and Full on Infestation, have the Infestation as the dominant of the two as the transition in the middle.

5 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

I love how equinox is split down the middle, but I really dislike how boring her gradients are, for her tertiary / accents on her normal skin. They don’t seem to blend very well either, but knowing your track record of making great patterns that take color amazingly, I have high hopes for what you can pull off 🙂

22 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

I'm not a huge fan of it personally... are we talking about the combined form or the individual forms?

4 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

So, I might be going insane here, but ... what do you think about ANOTHER infested Nyx skin, with somewhat different aesthetic? 

Or maybe Excal because they are similar and you can go with that same idea for him.....

OouX6XF.jpg

Another Nyx may be interesting but she already has a lot skins doesn't she? Maybe not as many as Saryn but certainly quite a few compared to many others.

What do you have in mind that would set it apart and possibly make it worth it to add another one?

That's pretty impressive photoshop, Vlada, but I don't think I'll be touching Excal any time soon. Next one is definitely Ash, need to relax after Equinox. 

Casardis, I could turn her into literal Alien Queen. I feel like now I'm at the level when I can go back to previous frames or skins and refine them to look better, and because DE doesn't allow to retroactively, for example, make new helmet, I have to make new skin. Without dots too, probably. But it was more of a pondering, not a serious idea yet. 

(Also, my Carnifex neck connection is killing me, and DE doesn't want to accept new model, because it will break rig, so the only way of "fixing" it, is to make a new model)

Alternatively, I could make a really wild looking "Nyx Prime Prime". I might have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with Nyx, to think of it.

I love idea for ash skin....but Imagine infested prime parts like some brocken gold exiting from infested body texture.... similar to excal brocken umbra helmet that look like deadpool face but with no aye... and not just for helmet but for full skin...(dark infested prime 🤔🤔🤔 like some brocken armor that you can see infestation inside)

22 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

I love idea for ash skin....but Imagine infested prime parts like some brocken gold exiting from infested body texture.... similar to excal brocken umbra helmet that look like deadpool face but with no aye... and not just for helmet but for full skin...(dark infested prime 🤔🤔🤔 like some brocken armor that you can see infestation inside)

That's what I'm doing with Equinox. Only kinda in reverse, infestation is dominant and gold parts and pristine structures are overwhelmed.

6 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

That's what I'm doing with Equinox. Only kinda in reverse, infestation is dominant and gold parts and pristine structures are overwhelmed.

Wow good to know,that sounds weary cool 😏👍🍻

...but what about the king of infesteds - Nidus? Hoping to see someone come up with a Venom-esque look for him; Wide grin, all teeth - or the vamps from Blade, bro... The thought of that😶 - shoot, you could take the concepts of the Sangheili (Elites) mouths in Halo. Like how Nidus' 'eyes' or whatever those are open when you hit 10x stacks of mutation. The mouth could open too. Though I don't think Warframes can have teeth or a mouth. Still loving the thoughts on Ash though. Looking forward to see some concepts down the road.

- But Nidus...😈

I'm a big fan of all your works, Vulbjorn. Nyx Carnifex and Oberon Wendigo reaaally slaped my face. Can't wait for finished Equinox (actually this might the skin who would make me play him/her), Ash, and... I don't know what would i give to see you work on Saryn.

Ooh boi.

Yo Vulbjorn, really big fan of your work! Hope to see more soon, like that equinox is looking insane already! So sad Kopesh Skana skin didn't make it in..
No Chroma or Gram skins in the works? With those as next prime 😉

Anyways, keep up the good works! ❤️

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for disappearing, I'm still working on her. Almost finished, now just finalizing some tints, optimizing helmet and how her halves merge. Been experimenting and learning more than actually making her, which is why it takes so long. 

Archived