Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

No no, don't apologize, I really appreciate you doing this. It does look nice. I wonder, how many danglies should he have? One big, thick central one? A couple like his sixth sketch? And also, faceplate, I think I want to have something akin to 4th with eyes, so I wonder, symmetrical, asymmetric? I will start seriously sculpting him in couple of days or, going on a somewhat lengthy business trip.

P.S. @(XB1)RAG is NAROKI COULD release a new helmet for my skins, but not as part of alreaady existing package, it would need to be puchased (and accepted) separately, and I kinda don't really want to make "DLC for DLC". If anything, I'd prefer to release a full on new skin, that is thematically coherent with previous skin, and you can swap helmets/bodies between them in a way that it still makes sense for both.

Also, I think maybe I could start streaming my sculpts. Not sure yet, though. Streams swoocing spook me right out.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Vulbjorn:

No no, don't apologize, I really appreciate you doing this. It does look nice. I wonder, how many danglies should he have? One big, thick central one? A couple like his sixth sketch? And also, faceplate, I think I want to have something akin to 4th with eyes, so I wonder, symmetrical, asymmetric? I will start seriously sculpting him in couple of days or, going on a somewhat lengthy business trip.

P.S. @(XB1)RAG is NAROKI COULD release a new helmet for my skins, but not as part of alreaady existing package, it would need to be puchased (and accepted) separately, and I kinda don't really want to make "DLC for DLC". If anything, I'd prefer to release a full on new skin, that is thematically coherent with previous skin, and you can swap helmets/bodies between them in a way that it still makes sense for both.

Also, I think maybe I could start streaming my sculpts. Not sure yet, though. Streams swoocing spook me right out.

if u asked me i usually dont mind asymmetrical designs but i think its much more difficult to make them look really nice when the base is symmetrical. the one mesa skin with the asymmetrical helmet looks neat but personally i swapped it for that reason. saryn for example is asymmetrical as a whole so helmets are less of an issue in that regard, ash is symmetrical so imo the helmet should be too. what i could see is an infested headplate like IIX has which peaks to one side of his face like one part of ying-yang and on the other side he has infested "eyes" like II has. the "mouth"-area maybe overgrown horizontally to overall look like a ninja mask, roughly, and more growth towards the side with his "eyes" so it basically sprouts on the side with the big, infested plate.

also i think the danglies shouldnt be overdone. its always nice to have a bit which is affected by gravity and adds some "life" to the motion of a frame but too much could very well ruin a nice looking helmet and take away from its appeal. maybe around 1-2 longer, big danglies or 2 bigger and 2 smaller so 4 total maximum ? the helm VI is already borderline imo since they are also big, considering VII as symmetrical i would call that already too much. IIX too few, I+II+IV perfect 😛

• 2 weeks later...
Am 18.10.2018 um 05:22 schrieb Vulbjorn:

Work on ash is progressing full speed. Under cut, a secret little WiP of his chest and noggin

helm looks really good so far, from what we can see at least. many ideas arise whilst working on something 😄 i know that feeling although its unrelated to 3D modelling.

Well, it sure as hell turned me into a nervous wreck, but luckily for me, that nervous wreck is about as interested (and somewhat adept) at making skins as my non-nervous wreck state. Can't make any promises on Nidus though, been going on some pretty lengthy and exhausting "business" trips lately, and for now working on Ash, don't want to look too far into the future. 

On 2018-09-29 at 8:51 PM, Vulbjorn said:

So, I've been sketching around and about a bunch of concepts today for potential Ash helmet. I don't think I want to go with a hat anymore. Any preferences? Will add more soon.

10c916b855.png

P.S. Yes, I'm also sculpting additional neck piece. 

Wow nice job.can't wait to see how will look in 3D for Ash and maybe Excal in future. But for now I think that IV is the best helmet for Ash

On 2018-09-30 at 9:38 PM, Vulbjorn said:

Here's some more concepts. Seems like fourth is the most popular so far. Will start blocking out the silhouette. 

ee359a6320.png

But in here V helmet is for Excal,VI is for Nyx,VII is for Inaros and last IIX is for Mag?

Finishing up the sculpt, have a couple of areas left to model and tighten up the sculpt. Moving into retopology and texturing stages soon. Katana worked started, no idea how to call Ash nor his blade yet. 

Spoiler

44fb9ee73d.png1a3a72c38e.png

P.S. Hands are WiP and fingers are hidden. Ignore those boney protrusions.

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

Be careful around his legs and rear area. It has surprisingly sharp angles that can easily distort your normal maps

Thanks, I will. I constantly jump between Painter and Zbrush to do test bakes and keep low poly original in frame to adjust any distortions. His surprisingly flat butt is sharper than a knife.

3 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Finishing up the sculpt, have a couple of areas left to model and tighten up the sculpt. Moving into retopology and texturing stages soon. Katana worked started, no idea how to call Ash nor his blade yet. 

Hide contents

44fb9ee73d.png1a3a72c38e.png

P.S. Hands are WiP and fingers are hidden. Ignore those boney protrusions.

I the first I whose thinking that this skin whose for Nekros,but now I can see that is Ash....

vor einer Stunde schrieb Vulbjorn:

[..]

what energy sections will that sword have ? currently it does look like it has 0 energy spots on it, which is a bit sad considering it would look so awesome with some glowing stripes like ur carnifex nyx has on her chest along the ribs.

yes ive seen the "early WIP" note, just asking tho~

Archived