Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

Curiosity question. Since this is a katana I was wondering how it will sheath, since the blade has quite the peculiar shape.

Funny enough, I can believe this sword to sheath properly despite its shape because it's basically a living weapon, unlike the Paracesis' sheath.

1 hour ago, Casardis said:

Curiosity question. Since this is a katana I was wondering how it will sheath, since the blade has quite the peculiar shape.

Funny enough, I can believe this sword to sheath properly despite its shape because it's basically a living weapon, unlike the Paracesis' sheath.

Because I cannot animate in in anyway, I made a fleshy slit on the bottom part of the sheathe. The upper hooks should sheathe normally, they are significantly smaller than lower ones. Early WiP of the sheathe (lower part has those tendril like lips). Alternatively, I'm thinking of making the sheathe like a... ribcage of sorts, clasping on to the sword from the sides and holding it that way. Not sure I have enough polygon budget for ribcage, though.5e3f2e1a03.png

That all looks absolutely amazing. This is what I was hoping for with infested Ash. As for names, maybe do some research on Praying Mantises? The katana kind of reminds me of the raptorial claw/arm praying mantises have, and mantises are also ambush predators. Maybe Mantash Skin or something? I dunno. 

Maybe call it the Nepidae/Nepinae skin, with the Ranatra Claw katana. Nepidae are basically water scorpions, with scythe arms and a spikey tail type thing. Ranatra is a genus in the Nepidae family, which are sometimes called needle bugs. Mostly paraphrasing from wikipedia, but my wife thinks they sound cool, and fits the aesthetic of both ash and this infested ash. Maybe call it Nepinatra?

I asked around, and one of my friends from Russia suggested play on the words Vurdalak/Volkolak. So he might end up being called Vulkalakul or something like that. I liked the sound, and it kinda fits, with vurdalak being undead monstrous creature that lives in the forests and preys on various haphazard travellers.

For now, still thinking. Decisions decisions.

Thats a good one too. Also, something I have been wanting for a long while, but doubt I am going to get, but realized you might be the one to make happen: infested sniper (pistol). I don't know if tennogen can be for ranged weapons, but since you do melee weapons... 

I always wanted an infested sniper, where the 'scope' is like an elongated eye socket/eye ball, that somehow connects to the frame's head when they zoom in. At this rate though, I think I'd rather get an infested sniper pistol skin (I love the Arca Sisco), and I feel like that would fit well with infested ash's ambushy nature.

1 hour ago, Crashen said:

Thats a good one too. Also, something I have been wanting for a long while, but doubt I am going to get, but realized you might be the one to make happen: infested sniper (pistol). I don't know if tennogen can be for ranged weapons, but since you do melee weapons... 

I always wanted an infested sniper, where the 'scope' is like an elongated eye socket/eye ball, that somehow connects to the frame's head when they zoom in. At this rate though, I think I'd rather get an infested sniper pistol skin (I love the Arca Sisco), and I feel like that would fit well with infested ash's ambushy nature.

Eeeeh, sorry, have to immedaitely shatter your dreams - can't do it as tennogen artist, we can't remodel ranged weaponry. Would need to become a [DE] for that, which one day I might (hopefully), but this day is not today. Or tomorrow. Or next week. Or probably next year either.

Cool idea, though. I always liked the idea of symbiont-weapons that directly connect to the body, Guyver-style.

On 2018-11-14 at 6:52 AM, Vulbjorn said:

Finishing up the sculpt, have a couple of areas left to model and tighten up the sculpt. Moving into retopology and texturing stages soon. Katana worked started, no idea how to call Ash nor his blade yet. 

Hide contents

44fb9ee73d.png1a3a72c38e.png

P.S. Hands are WiP and fingers are hidden. Ignore those boney protrusions.

How about Acirbus? Coming from Dolos Acerbus which also translates to Sharp Pain. And considering Ash's main way of killing is stabby stabby...it figured it'd suit him.

Also, a little update on the sheathe (pictures for sheathed and unsheathed weapon. Maybe a little bit slow of a progress, it's been a very... hectic month irl, plus I'm now working with another tennogen creator on a Hydroid helmet. I think... I need to sleep more than 6 hours.48463ad800.png003f0f8984.png

Thank you all for liking my stuff. I really get way too much praise, I don't know where to put all of it. I'll try to make Ash really pop with his sword, and this time, if I can help it, I won't pick default color scheme that sucks.

P.s. Ash will have no metals, but his sword will have shimmery rainbowy effect, like a carapace of a beetle. 

On 2018-11-23 at 8:58 PM, Vulbjorn said:

Thank you all for liking my stuff. I really get way too much praise, I don't know where to put all of it. I'll try to make Ash really pop with his sword, and this time, if I can help it, I won't pick default color scheme that sucks.

P.s. Ash will have no metals, but his sword will have shimmery rainbowy effect, like a carapace of a beetle. 

WOW that's it! It should be called Nacre materials, I've bought all your works and perform like an infested operator lol.

Am 23.11.2018 um 13:58 schrieb Vulbjorn:

might wanna give this to ash too. picked ur equinox skin up yesterday and she also has some more leathery, glossy parts which can be very similar to what u describe here depending on the color. would be nice if these materials fit~ also, that metallic on equinox is just love. never really cared bout equinox but ill prolly play her more often now...never really liked how her base colored and although i have another tennogen skin for her imo urs colors much better and allows more flexible combinations with accessoires. im not much of a volt and especially not a loki player but also loved ur nyx skin, equi now being the 2nd fabulous work from u. keep it up but take ur time, not just for quality but also ur health. sleep is important...although i sometimes ignore it too 😛

Hello Vulbjorn, it's been a while since I visited this thread. I'd like to thank you again for creating the Megaera skin for Equinox, which I just bought. I got over the lack of "true duality" pretty quickly, and I wish you luck on current and future projects! (Ash is looking great btw!)

Spoiler

unknown.png

You know, I was just thinking, infested Hydroid could be pretty awesome, since his powers actually lend themselves thematically to it pretty well, and his model is full of gross bulbous shapes and dangly skin flaps. You know, after you finish Ash.

Archived