Jump to content
Vulbjorn

Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Garuda Tiamat [WIP]

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Transformers vibe or power rangers 😬 you better focusing on what you are good about it...He is already robotic looking so maybe infested on him is not that bad idea... I think he can look interesting like infested 😏👌

Naaaaah, I'mma turn him into McLaren. This is a very early concept, and I already have some crazy ass S#&$ in mind. Will be good. THEN I can think about infested, need diversity in my portfolio anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

Naaaaah, I'mma turn him into McLaren. This is a very early concept, and I already have some crazy ass S#&$ in mind. Will be good. THEN I can think about infested, need diversity in my portfolio anyway.

Hey I'm always for good change,like for example players for some reason don't like hoods,im big fan in that direction because even ugly/funny looking ninja turtles looks more badass with a hoods. So im not block with just 1 style,because I love them all... so go and explore in to something new,im supporting 100% 😏👌🍻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Le 29/09/2019 à 21:26, Vulbjorn a dit :

So, I had a stupid idea. I'm not sure if DE will approve of this head, considering how gigantic it is. I also simultaneously work on some other currently not ready to be shown projects. 

4a3b69e81e.png

It's beautiful.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garuda changed a little bit, she's now less of a rabbit and more of a cenobite. Early WiP, but I think I'll run with this shape.b069f5d526.png

  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vulbjorn said:

Garuda changed a little bit, she's now less of a rabbit and more of a cenobite. Early WiP, but I think I'll run with this shape.b069f5d526.png

You’ve always been bold, V.  I like the other better, but you da boss.  And DE....Still, I vote the other. This ^ looks like a slight variation of “factory stock”, and I reward artists who push their vision.

If you want it smaller, I’d wrap the new ears on a reverse-curve to the head centerpiece like mandibles (think stag beetle)...you could literally flip the headpiece around and enlarge it...wrapping the cheekbones with a serrated edge would be unique and give cool counter-symmetry...headpiece wrapping the skull one way and the “ears” wrapping the sides of the face in the other direction.

btw, PS4 Equinox skin when ;)?

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You’ve always been bold, V.  I like the other better, but you da boss.  And DE....Still, I vote the other. This ^ looks like a slight variation of “factory stock”, and I reward artists who push their vision.

If you want it smaller, I’d wrap the new ears on a reverse-curve to the head centerpiece like mandibles (think stag beetle)...you could literally flip the headpiece around and enlarge it...wrapping the cheekbones with a serrated edge would be unique and give cool counter-symmetry...headpiece wrapping the skull one way and the “ears” wrapping the sides of the face in the other direction.

btw, PS4 Equinox skin when ;)?

No idea regarding Equinox for now, I don't think I've gotten any contracts yet. And you think it's a wee bit stock? I tried to go more conservative with ears, worrying about player camera, but I can turn her into Hel if visibility isn't of concern. I'll push it today-tomorrow more, tis a early WiP project for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 11 heures, Vulbjorn a dit :

Garuda changed a little bit, she's now less of a rabbit and more of a cenobite. Early WiP, but I think I'll run with this shape.b069f5d526.png

 

Mmmh..Well this cenobite helm suits more Garuda, i 'd say. More "blood magic". I recognize her more this way. But imo you should definitely consider keeping the "rabbit" one for another use, if you skip it for Garuda. Maybe it would bring a very strong, exotic /majestic presence to another frame. ( Titania ? Ivara, Saryn ? Or Nova, why not.)

Edited by Stonehenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all honesty I really enjoyed the first take on the helmet. Maybe you could keep it for a different frame, like Ivara. The new helmet looks pretty great too, can't wait to see Garuda done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if i could equip that nikana skin on my sepfahn zaw nikana i would reinstall the steam and the steam version of the game just to buy it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I realized that in if I want gauss to become what I have in mind, I'll need to spend more time researching and designing him than usually, so for now, he's on a backburner. I don't want to quickly half-ass a skin onto a market. For now, i'm focusing on redesigning Ash, a couple of syandanas, Garuda and her weapon/syandana, and a surprise [REDACTED] frame. Speaking of Garuda, I'm really trying to make her Barlowe/Beksinski looking.  (p.s. she's not going to actually be white/green/blue. It's just material zones.)b302738dfb.png

Edited by Vulbjorn
  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Vulbjorn, you still alive? Hope all is well and can't wait to get my hands on infested ash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Crashen said:

Hey Vulbjorn, you still alive? Hope all is well and can't wait to get my hands on infested ash.

Nope, I'm dead. Currently training corpse flies to finish my models. Garuda first, then I need to rework Ash, he needs a bit more rework than I thought initially.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Nope, I'm dead. Currently training corpse flies to finish my models. Garuda first, then I need to rework Ash, he needs a bit more rework than I thought initially.

Staying true to the ways of Infested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still like the new helmet design, it's incredibly striking.

But the first design man, holy #*!%.
It reminds me of Elesh Norn, the Grand Cenobite in all the right ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Xpo.vos said:

I still like the new helmet design, it's incredibly striking.

But the first design man, holy #*!%.
It reminds me of Elesh Norn, the Grand Cenobite in all the right ways.

That helmet was a bit too large, so I thought I'd rework it. I might reanimate it in the future for some other project. In the mean time, here's the most up to date version. Don't you worry, it'll be grand and crazy at the end nonetheless.5sGEZou.png

  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I accidentally made a concept for Grendel. Doesn't mean I'm stopping garuda, I just got carried away a bit for today. EM-3g7sXsAAosbH?format=jpg&name=4096x409

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Doesn't mean I'm stopping garuda, I just got carried away a bit for today.

For the garuda thing, may i suggest either vampire or hindu based name (or Barlowia as you noted Barlowe for inspiration and ending altered to sound more Transylvania) since tiamat themes to chaos and snakes/dragons (and multiple heads) and sea or poison, but not blood nor the garuda hindu-bird part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

For the garuda thing, may i suggest either vampire or hindu based name (or Barlowia as you noted Barlowe for inspiration and ending altered to sound more Transylvania) since tiamat themes to chaos and snakes/dragons (and multiple heads) and sea or poison, but not blood nor the garuda hindu-bird part.

Tiamat sounds cool, but if I find a more appropriate and equally cool sounding name, I'll reserve Tiamat for Saryn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-30 at 4:46 AM, Vulbjorn said:

Tiamat sounds cool, but if I find a more appropriate and equally cool sounding name, I'll reserve Tiamat for Saryn.

How about Vetala? Seeing as Garuda's name is derived from Hindu mythos, Vetala is the name of a Hindu Vampire, most prominently appearing in the epic of King Vikramaditya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

How about Vetala? Seeing as Garuda's name is derived from Hindu mythos, Vetala is the name of a Hindu Vampire, most prominently appearing in the epic of King Vikramaditya.

It sounds good, but I'm afraid we already have Vetala in game. Revenant's armor set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...