Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

8 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

Yes, they will be wiggly. Still early WiP, so expect heavy changes all over. Will have this type of detailing on his body. wY6eMe1.jpg

Grendel's mesh is extremely pleasant to work with, but I wish he would be fatter.

That looks fantastic, really dig the detail around the hook on the end. Looks like big meat cleaver too, fits his girth-some look quite well like a big infested butcher. Guess that fits with the skull look too, overall an exciting project.

I'm curious though, are you able to texture the inside of the belly? If so you could do some crazy stuff in there, like intestines and little glowy eye-spots or some of his victims. A Grineer mask wrapped up in infested sinew in the back, something like that. Or some crazy rib bones along the insides. (sorry, I love this stuff lol) As well as his meatball form, that thing could look crazy.

Plus he's one of those frames doesn't have any specific meshed objects on his abilities either that might break the infested aesthetic, just particles. I'm really looking forward to this work, I might actually cave and buy Grendel just for the skin.

2 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

That looks fantastic, really dig the detail around the hook on the end. Looks like big meat cleaver too, fits his girth-some look quite well like a big infested butcher. Guess that fits with the skull look too, overall an exciting project.

I'm curious though, are you able to texture the inside of the belly? If so you could do some crazy stuff in there, like intestines and little glowy eye-spots or some of his victims. A Grineer mask wrapped up in infested sinew in the back, something like that. Or some crazy rib bones along the insides. (sorry, I love this stuff lol) As well as his meatball form, that thing could look crazy.

Plus he's one of those frames doesn't have any specific meshed objects on his abilities either that might break the infested aesthetic, just particles. I'm really looking forward to this work, I might actually cave and buy Grendel just for the skin.

I'm afraid inside of his mouth has to stay black in game and won't have much in terms of detail. Also, I cannot change power FX. And his meatball form gives me conniptions, because I will have to somehow precisely transfer his details onto it.

1 minute ago, Vulbjorn said:

I'm afraid inside of his mouth has to stay black in game and won't have much in terms of detail. Also, I cannot change power FX. And his meatball form gives me conniptions, because I will have to somehow precisely transfer his details onto it.

That's a shame about the mouth, is that a rule they impose or just a problem with the mesh? Would be great if you could slap a few emissive dots in there and leave the rest black, would look super spooky.

As for the rest, the base meatball doesn't really transfer details over that well either or at least not that noticeably, I think you could suspend disbelief a little bit and just make it a big infested blob with lots of gory detail. Maybe take a few parts of the easily identifiable details and put them on there just so it looks somewhat recognizable. But the fact its infested, I'd believe it could just change form on command without having to transform exactly. But if you really want it to be precise I'm sure you can do it, your work seems quite detail oriented.

Wow

3 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Yes, they will be wiggly. Still early WiP, so expect heavy changes all over. Will have this type of detailing on his body. wY6eMe1.jpg

Grendel's mesh is extremely pleasant to work with, but I wish he would be fatter.

Wow Orc style here we go. Im just hoping is not 2 massive, other then that ita amazing looking design 😏👌

11 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Any idea what your solution is going to be for the little cloth flaps on the hips? Something like Garuda's cloths? Maybe drippy slime strands?

They are pretty thicc, so torn leather won't work there. I'll just add some carapace parts there I reckon

8 hours ago, Crashen said:

You are making really good time on Grendel! How about Revenant next? He has no skins, but his model would make for a great exploded infested carapace!

Revenant has a good model, but I have a lot on the table right now. Need to finish operator cosmetic, redo Ash, finish Grendel, his sword, his chest piece, several syandanas and rework that old machete skin I made. 

56 minutes ago, Crashen said:

Woah REDO Ash? What's wrong with him? I thought the last update you had for him was looking really good!

My lighting setup broke, which resulted in lighting in the model being so dark, DE literally couldn't see what I changed, and as such couldn't accept him because they had no idea whether or not anything was done. I think it's hilarious. But it's good, will give me opportunity to add my new style to him, and reintroduce horns back.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Finishing up Gromgdel. Will add his snot and and work on his addons next week. Need to adjust some materials. Then, gauss. 

Hide contents

Really love what you did with the back of the forearms. The weird stretched looking sinew and bubbly gore underneath.

I have to say, i love you'r work. the infested are my favorite faction on the game due to it's aesthetic groteske and gory, and you make a really great job on representing it on the skins.

Nyx Carnifex is one of my favorite tennogens, I'm ready to buy Garua Tiamata as soon it's released, and already aiming for that Grendel skin 😄

Do you inted to make one for Wisp at some point?

6 hours ago, Blobfish86 said:

I have to say, i love you'r work. the infested are my favorite faction on the game due to it's aesthetic groteske and gory, and you make a really great job on representing it on the skins.

Nyx Carnifex is one of my favorite tennogens, I'm ready to buy Garua Tiamata as soon it's released, and already aiming for that Grendel skin 😄

Do you inted to make one for Wisp at some point?

Yes, of course, but currently overloaded with projects.

Archived