Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

42 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

Disappeared for some time due to defense of my diploma. Diploma defended, back to modelling. Decided that previous Rhino was kinda boring, so redoing him right now. Here's WiPs. 

7a6c7979ac.jpgf836f685cb.jpg16ab43a058.jpg

The horn have a lot of straight and angular lines, doesn't go well with his organic silhouette (horns do match his crotch tho XD) unless you made a skin that complements the horn.

I miss the tusks already ;-;

I always make skins for my helmets (excluding first one). Plus, I'm working on the horn right now.

P.S. I can't really see how horn is angular and straight, though. I build it in a way it would grown on an animal, which usually happens in a specific way.

P.P.S doing something wild with the horn right now. Might fix the angularity feel.

P.P.P.S Here's rough implementation of this idea. Not sure 8bad6f30f6.jpg

23 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Decided to go insane and with a hole. Now he has an axe for a head 8ab8a09067.jpg

Now he looks so much beter,but what if you change back part of the helmet so that can look more like this....

Spoiler

because flat head look more like transformers in the movie 😁AvtR8jg.jpg

and yea you have my vote on this....it looks badaas

Sculpt on helmet finished. Now with less forehead bird and more actual infested horns 8501fb66ca.jpg

Prepare to slice and dice with some extra edge.

P.S. It is insane how much more detail I can do with this new PC. Still feels like someone will come say "Well, you had your share of fun" and take it away.

P.P.S. I'm also thinking of making a weapon for this guy in his style. What would be a good one?

2 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Sculpt on helmet finished. Now with less forehead bird and more actual infested horns P.P.S. I'm also thinking of making a weapon for this guy in his style. What would be a good one?

If model for any weapon is accepted, make one for Axe or Claw weapon with similar edge like the Rhino's horn.

Oh man, Vulbjorn! I'm loving that helmet! Two questions: 

1. Any chance of making the carapace shiny? 

2. It would be awesome to see a insect-like mouth on the helmet, something akin to a beetle mouth or even little pincers. Would that be possible? 

Thanks, Tenno! I think the helmet looks fantastic as is now though! 

(Aside: I've always wished someone would do a "Ultralisk" helmet for Rhino. We received the Tarrasque helmet for Chroma, which was awesome, but I'd love to see something for Rhino too! I'd also love to see a skin to go with the Warlust Rhino helmet too, Faven_PS!) 

@LogaMC1995 An axe was my first choice, pretty obvious weapon to give Rhino. Plus, it's classified as a heavy blade, so greatswords will be able to equip it too. Claws most likely will not pass, because there are no claw source models in tennogen (I think, don't fully remember), and DE generally insists on making skins for items that are already in the workshop. Plus all claws are animated. Though, collapsed and somewhat bulky looking gauntlets that extend in combat into giant battle hooks like his horn would be excellent and very interdasting. 

@(Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 1. I'm actually planning on making his carapace very bug like. If you by chance played Path of Fire (expansion for GW2), I'm particularly impressed with shiny scarabs wandering the desert there. They have really interesting texture on their butts that I'll try and replicate to an extent. Which means - shiny, yes. Not metallic, but glittering in the sun.

2. One of the initial variations of Nyx Carnifex helmet had mandibulas on it. Had to cover them, DE takes very seriously the "no facial features" rule. So, no chance, sorry. Best I can do is an approximation of a mouth, which I gave to my Rhino. And a thunderchin, for occasional ship sinking.

I am not sure how well Warlust helmet will go with my skin (and yes, from Nyx on I'm making full body skins), but it's pretty wild looking and will probably sit on an infested body pretty well. Especially considering my kind of more "solidified" strand of infestation. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Vsauce, Vulbjornis here. Here's some progress on body+helmet. What do you think? (keep in mind, it has no textures no tints for now. I only differentiated the outer carapace from flesh underneath). Mind that I'm at the stage where literally anything can be changed - shapes, sculpt, forms, etc. So, what should I work on? (horn stays, I like it. Plus it's very handy in survival situations)

0869fbd77f.jpg226a4781d9.jpg

53 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

Hey, Vsauce, Vulbjornis here. Here's some progress on body+helmet. What do you think? (keep in mind, it has no textures no tints for now. I only differentiated the outer carapace from flesh underneath). Mind that I'm at the stage where literally anything can be changed - shapes, sculpt, forms, etc. So, what should I work on? (horn stays, I like it. Plus it's very handy in survival situations)

Maybe you should go for an assymetrical look on the upper torso part. It would fit both Rhino and the infested style.

2 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Helmet looks sharp and roughly and that cool but body looks more like smoothly and because of that you need more rough detail....and yea desain looks cool 10+ for that...

13 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Helmet looks sharp and roughly and that cool but body looks more like smoothly and because of that you need more rough detail....and yea desain looks cool 10+ for that...

I don't disagree. Problem is - Rhino is one of the oldest frames, and his unwrap is pretty old-school, resulting in relatively low resolution texture, which is also uneven (some parts have lower resolution, some higher). I will probably take Lukinu's advice and probably go with asymmetrical look, it should fix the smootheness problem nicely. Also, really, I should try making asymmetric skin at least once.

Will also redo the chin. I realized that when animated it will clip into his body plates, and I don't need that. Will probably replace it with something like an exposed throat-tube, similar to dead Engineer snout it had in Alien.

Dude first off all,I like the helmet that is not small because he have big body and I like for him to have big head...so nice job on that but for the body I think in the end you are going to creating him to look amazing. I like this style and that I even realise and because of that I hope for more male skin for you 2 create and to come in the game. For me top 5 wish frame that are good potential in you style is: of course Excal,Nekros,Ash,Loki and Wukong...

Archived