Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

Loki is slowly nearing completion, and with his sculpt and material sets about 60-70% complete, I need to start thinking about a fitting name. For now, I'm a bit stuck with Cordyceptor, because I'm highly unimaginative and mushrooms are fun guys. Any ideas, perhaps? Here's his WiP noggin, will need some refining before it goes into retopology phase.

96968808ae.jpg

14 minutes ago, (PS4)GrandisSupernus said:

No ideas for the name, unfortunately. Are you still thinking asymmetrical? Because I see it appears to be so on the skin but not the helmet. ...I think. So what if one of those two "pipes" weren't there and it ended in another "appendage"?

I decided against asymmetry on the helmet. This is my most detailed and probably most complex skin to date, the body is highly asymmetric and helmet has unusual forms to it, I felt like making it asymmetric too would make it too overbearing.

But the idea with alternate appendages is pretty good. Maybe I'll not go for super- asymmetry, but try to add small mini-meshes to the helmet, akin to what Mutalist Cernos has.

On 1/30/2018 at 5:27 AM, Vulbjorn said:

Loki is slowly nearing completion, and with his sculpt and material sets about 60-70% complete, I need to start thinking about a fitting name. For now, I'm a bit stuck with Cordyceptor, because I'm highly unimaginative and mushrooms are fun guys. Any ideas, perhaps? Here's his WiP noggin, will need some refining before it goes into retopology phase.

96968808ae.jpg

It reminds me of a centipede...maybe using it's Latin name scolopendra? Also...its horrifying and I love it xD

Looking forward to more update. It's looking great! I'm personally glad you went with something more akin to Option 5, which has a Loki Prime-esque silhouette. Some of the other ones looks too much like Oberon's.

Cordyceptor sounds good too. Almost sounds like a mushroom-dinosaur name.

"All works published before 1923 are public domain in the U.S.[47] However, there is some disagreement over who exactly owns or owned the copyrights and whether the copyrights apply to the majority of Lovecraft's works published post-1923."

So there's that. That being said, I wasn't telling you to use the names as is, but rather as inspiration. For instance,earlier you suggested Cordyceptor yourself, but that word doesn't exist. The real word is Cordyceps. Another example on the fungi inspiration could be ascomycete --> Ascomyte.

That being said, I'm inclined towards Erebus.

I'm going to say well done, Tenno! That helmet is fantastic! I'm not sure what colors the final product will be, but might I suggest blue-gray and tan to go with the red and the green energy color? 

Something else is needed along his back. Maybe more of the blue-colored carapace sections to give a little more uniformity? Especially, since a large focus of the head is the center blue area that contain the "bug eyes". 

5 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

(Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 - that paint was just quickly thrown onto model. I'll change it significantly in texturing stage. He won't just be one colour.

Hydroid-Prime - I asked. He should actually have custom sculpted shoulders, but apparently there's some sort of a glitch which affects custom bits and divides them by zero.

Yes noticed the shoulders before purchasing, but was bummed to find out you can't actually get that look on the prime version. Stuck either using prime shoulders or another set instead of the skin's own.  Thanks for asking, and your continuous great work.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

Hey, Vsauce, Vulbjorn here. Loki is finished. Here he is. Will ready promo shots, renders and upload to Steam today-tomorrow. 

Reveal hidden contents

000eee6f66.jpg8dc69d25e6.jpg0c4f498248.jpg56185829fe.jpg370531bef0.jpg554359f086.jpg

P.S. Tentacles should be swooshey. The "brainsac", hopefully, will be pulsating. If I manage to ask DE.

Holy balls that looks damn amazing

Archived