Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

5 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Nezha is by Novabjorn who is absolutely not me, last time I checked. I did Nyx Carnifex, Rhino Mastodon, Oberon Wendigo, Volt Fulgursor, Loki Erebus, Nyx Ampulex... eeeh.. and that's it, I think. Working on Equinox one now.

the rhino mastadon is my rhino skin as well, awesome. 

I seen someone who made a xenomorph themed nyx with the carnifex skin as well, was awesome, too.

I've not made a fashion with the new volt yet, but here are my others with your skins that I have. I will post you the volt later when I have a chance to play with it. 

PS: the Loki is called "danger, danger" because this is usually Volt's slot and it's from that song that goes ... "danger, danger.... high voltage" 😄 

EDIT: I have changed up the loki a bit to look less like the joker. the purple shades have changed a bit and looks way better now. 

6DD4CBE82932D75AD5E8C4D1DC8DD087B8CA5C29
92D965076F21A3BC7090B258E8B3E501614486C5
2AF311D3996341EF1EB4F78BD566D1B8DBB015D7
CFECADF080932304B0BA3D8752CF4C329EEC1F21

I love the way you do the colours it's nice to have frames that have no metallic on them for a change. some of my favourite skins are by you it turns out, ha ha. (I'm gonna have to make my own xenomorph inspired nyx carnifex as well after seeing what that guy had done at larunda relay) 

I love working on them and trying to get a sort of natural look with shades that are close to each other. 

I guess I should look at the creators name more. I was instantly drawn to the new Loki and Volt without even realizing that 2 of my favourite pre existing skins were by you as well. 

Keep up the good work, man. can't wait to see your new one. 

PS: are you doing an actual infested theme now on your skins, or will you be doing stuff like the mastadon and carnifex skins again as well? I love both styles so would be great to see the infested style and your earlier organic looking stuff as well. 

On 2018-04-16 at 9:45 PM, Vulbjorn said:

No, I see that this round was rather unusually small. I also thought there would be a couple of other skins that for sure will get in, namely Nekros, Zephyr, Rekkou's new Excalibur, etc. Just, you know, usually tennogen is a cause for celebration, but it doesn't seem to be this way this time. 

Welp, enough pondering, time to start working on Equinox. Pink into blue into pink into blue, the Horrors of Tzeentch are ever mutating, and I'll try to make the Changer of Ways proud.

I thought you had to be a Chaos fan after seeing your newest work. I eventually have the proper Nurgle avatar I've been dreaming of with the new Ash skin (although He looks like a mash up nurgle/slaanesh with the colour scheme I chose. 

I remember pink and blue horrors though, man. you kill one and it turns into 2 of the other.... were expensive. ha ha. 

On 2018-04-16 at 8:25 PM, Vulbjorn said:

Thanks, I hope I deserved a spot. People seem to be very dissatisfied with this round of tennogen.

it seems some people just don't get the aesthetic.. probably all ultra smurf collectors 😄 

there are plenty of heretics out there though.

4 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Finally started sculpting Equinox properly. Kinda decided on the design more or less. Here's very early WiP with rough paintover of Day's upper torso. 11d065009b.png

Disgusting, is it not, Operator?

I'm glad to see that you're working on it. I look forward to seeing how the Night form looks (when you get around to it of course).

Are you trying to make it close to the concept art you previously released. :smile:

9 hours ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

I'm glad to see that you're working on it. I look forward to seeing how the Night form looks (when you get around to it of course).

Are you trying to make it close to the concept art you previously released. :smile:

Not really. I usually make concepts as inspiration for me, not strict guidelines. Often I make a whole bunch of sketches only to find out that they don't work too well in 3D later.

On 2018-05-09 at 3:17 AM, Vulbjorn said:

Not really. I usually make concepts as inspiration for me, not strict guidelines. Often I make a whole bunch of sketches only to find out that they don't work too well in 3D later.

Either way, I'm excited. This is my favorite frame and I'm glad to see it being given more love. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Little WiP. Yes, she will have metallics. The skin will revolve around idea that she's given given some shape and form only by large Orokin robotic harnesses, that sustain the unstable infestation, but are slowly failing and being overtaken by it due to age and lack of repairs. That's in-universe explanation. The actual reason - no matter how hard I try, those giant rings Equinox has refuse to NOT look robotic, so I decided "might as well just go with the flow and incorporate them into design. Not like I can get rid of them". Also, good practice for "fake-Orokin" things.

Below is Equinox Combined. Who would've thunked she's this hard to model for.

c3d4abe40c.png  7fc8d44266.png

6 hours ago, Casardis said:

It's really nice though I must say the front part really reminds me of Nova'a default helmet instead, especially because of the proportions.

I will work on front more (and on everything in general) so it feels less like Nova, but Nova also kinda looks really nice, and huge Foreheads Prime are kinda my thing. One way or another, promise something really weird and (potentially) cool looking at the end.

• 4 weeks later...

The face and head in general looks fantastic. Hopefully you don't change the face too much form this. The Orokin stuff in the back make me think DOOM, which I REALLY like. Can't wait to see this progress further!

It changed, but overall shape remained. Progress is... progressing slowly (due to some real life things), here's how her night and day, and combined, look for now. I'm definitely inspired by DOOM a lot, ID did incredible job with their demons.

Spoiler

f4ce782b11.pngd896abe09a.png7ea1bb5423.png

I'd love to see an Ash one, preferably with like, a tentacle or chitinous tail coming out the back of his head (like his one alternate helmet), and making use of his prime arm armor to make a carapace type thing. Like... a tentacle scorpion. By the way, I absolutely freaking love the volt one, he's my favorite frame, and the infested are my favorite style, so I am unspeakably happy to have an infested volt that looks so damn good with Synapse.

But yes, infested ash please!

4 minutes ago, Crashen said:

I'd love to see an Ash one, preferably with like, a tentacle or chitinous tail coming out the back of his head (like his one alternate helmet), and making use of his prime arm armor to make a carapace type thing. Like... a tentacle scorpion. By the way, I absolutely freaking love the volt one, he's my favorite frame, and the infested are my favorite style, so I am unspeakably happy to have an infested volt that looks so damn good with Synapse.

But yes, infested ash please!

I've been actually looking at Ash for a while now, he has a very organic, lumpy mesh. Will take my growths well. But I'm afraid I cannot really do the prime bits, only have access to normal models.

So, sorry, yes to Ash, probably next one, but no to ultra-shoulders. Emperor wouldn't approve, but what can I do.

12 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

It changed, but overall shape remained. Progress is... progressing slowly (due to some real life things), here's how her night and day, and combined, look for now. I'm definitely inspired by DOOM a lot, ID did incredible job with their demons.

Hide contents

f4ce782b11.pngd896abe09a.png7ea1bb5423.png

It's looking great! *starts giggling excitedly.*

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-07-08 at 3:57 AM, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

Hey Vulbjorn, it has been a long time. Just wondering how things are going?

Pretty well, I've been experimenting with the new pipeline that would make it easier for me to make future skins and Equinox is now roughly 70% complete. Working on her metallics now.  I can finally see how I'm going to put her together at the end. Also been working with some other creators to help with their projects, which also eats a bit of time.

...also, installed Fallout 4, which really killed my productivity for like a week or two. Modded it to S#&$ and back, got permanent green sky and super mutants in bikinis. Have no idea which mod caused that.

17 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Pretty well, I've been experimenting with the new pipeline that would make it easier for me to make future skins and Equinox is now roughly 70% complete. Working on her metallics now.  I can finally see how I'm going to put her together at the end. Also been working with some other creators to help with their projects, which also eats a bit of time.

...also, installed Fallout 4, which really killed my productivity for like a week or two. Modded it to S#&$ and back, got permanent green sky and super mutants in bikinis. Have no idea which mod caused that.

Any works in progress you'd like to share, since it seems like equinox is further along? Currently I find her... uncustomizeable, so I'm really holding out for your skin to fix that.

Archived