Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

10 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Bakatsur is a slightly changed Bakasura, which is an Indian cannibal demon. Not sure, though. Maybe I'll pick just one of yokai's names. Enenra looks interesting, it's a smoke demon.

You could also do a name similar to the 'Shikkana' suggestion made for the Nikana name; where you can take the word for assassin in Japanese, Shikaku, and combine that with the word for disease, Shikkan, to create the portmanteau of 'Shikkaku'... probably not as interesting of a name though.

But still, you could modify the word a bit further by adding more words into it. 'Shikkashu', which slightly uses the Japanese word 'Asshu' (meaning ash) but also technically turns it into the word 'Ashu' (meaning subspecies), which can tie back into the lore of the Warframes since they were created with a type of infested strand.

I like your works, there are the best skins for me. My favourites are Rhino and Oberon, an amazing works you have done.
Volt is also great, i really like Nyx but his prime skin is already my choice.

Maybe i have missed your post, did you stop Equinox? Or it taken some delay, as you said, end's year holiday have taken from you quite some time.
That must be a hell of work. this must be a challenge to draw.

On 2019-02-09 at 1:54 AM, Vulbjorn said:

Bakatsur is a slightly changed Bakasura, which is an Indian cannibal demon. Not sure, though. Maybe I'll pick just one of yokai's names. Enenra looks interesting, it's a smoke demon.

I like Enenra...you could even do the word combo thing DE is known for and go with:

Enenrex...the smoke Demon King.

Crossing my fingers on Equinox MAGAERA for consoles.  Instabuy.

On 2019-02-11 at 6:48 AM, (PS4)Lunsei said:

Maybe i have missed your post, did you stop Equinox? Or it taken some delay, as you said, end's year holiday have taken from you quite some time.
That must be a hell of work. this must be a challenge to draw.

Thanks for liking my stuff. Equinox has been finished and she's now in game, but not on consoles atm. I don't have information on whether she will, or will not come there. 

Also, I think I might go with Enenros and Ungulata for Ash and his katana. Those names sound appropriately bulbous. Not as bulbous as walrus, but alas, majority of things in the world aren't walruses, with exception of walruses.

6 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Thanks for liking my stuff. Equinox has been finished and she's now in game, but not on consoles atm. I don't have information on whether she will, or will not come there. 

Also, I think I might go with Enenros and Ungulata for Ash and his katana. Those names sound appropriately bulbous. Not as bulbous as walrus, but alas, majority of things in the world aren't walruses, with exception of walruses.

Don’t have information or won’t reveal? Does NDA prevent you from going into detail as to why your console fans currently lie broken-hearted and in ruin? 😆

ok, ok...I’ll stop.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Don’t have information or won’t reveal? Does NDA prevent you from going into detail as to why your console fans currently lie broken-hearted and in ruin? 😆

ok, ok...I’ll stop.

If I was under NDAs, I would disclose it. Unfortunately, I'm not, I just don't know wha'happun with my Equinox on consoles. Might be staggered release to coincide all skins with all platforms and sorta "test waters" for Switch with skins, that definitely will sell.

On 2019-02-13 at 2:32 AM, Kerberos-3 said:

Hmmm, I wonder how Saryn would look with your particular style. Actually, that could be amazingly ironic, given the original intent of the frame.

This is my thoughts too, but I don't think we'll see Saryn anytime soon since she has so many skins, and Vulbjorn expressed that as a reason for not tackling her yet I think. Nevertheless, it just gets me more excited because I personally like the later work much more than the earlier ones (even though I still love them, especially Carnifex).

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Speaking of Ash and his blade. Might redo scabbard again. Too thicc, might alert  the guards with clap of it's chitinous plates.

IPJ1k6H.png

Hmm, I know it's kind of weird; but why not a cloth like sheath. Sort of like a syandana that wraps around the lower region of the blade when sheathed. Wait no DE doesn't support that...

18 hours ago, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

Hmm, I know it's kind of weird; but why not a cloth like sheath. Sort of like a syandana that wraps around the lower region of the blade when sheathed. Wait no DE doesn't support that...

Some of the Nikana's attacks use the sheath as a weapon, and also during the blocking animation IIRC. Therefore, such a thing wouldn't be very possible/make sense/look good unfortunately.

Archived