Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

29 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

So, I spontaneously started working today on a Rhino skin. Here's very early WiP, if someone is interested enough to lay their eyeballs on this trashclown's work.

c07687309a.jpg

Of course, I'd like to point out that I'm still in early design phase and everything is subject to change. Plus despite having some paint, it doesn't have textures.

The designer of the Palatine skin got DE to make a unique Iron Skin just for it. I wonder if you couldn't get DE to make your Iron Skin more of an organic shell/carapace to complement your skin's Infested nature.

4 minutes ago, Bravely_Casual said:

The designer of the Palatine skin got DE to make a unique Iron Skin just for it. I wonder if you couldn't get DE to make your Iron Skin more of an organic shell/carapace to complement your skin's Infested nature.

Highly doubt. I did ask for various special effects multiple times and talked to DE about possibility of unique add-ons to my skins, even if made them entirely by myself, but so far the answer is a "no".

Don't forget, the designer of Palatine skin (Ignus Dei) was not a Tennogen creator. He was an outsourced concept artist that worked closely with core DE design team to make what essentially is a full new model, with fully new rig, animations, etc. My works are not that important to dedicate this amount resources to what I do.

9 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

So, I spontaneously started working today on a Rhino skin. Here's very early WiP, if someone is interested enough to lay their eyeballs on this trashclown's work.

c07687309a.jpg

Of course, I'd like to point out that I'm still in early design phase and everything is subject to change. Plus despite having some paint, it doesn't have textures.

Have you tried enlarging the tusk? IDK but it may look good for Rhino as he is bulky.

It also make him look like Orisa XD

Rhino has quite a blubbery mesh, with a lot of ridges. I probably will enlarge tusks a bit, but I also need to ensure they don't clip into anything when animated. Truly, his magnificent walrus-like nature requires as much attention as those quaint kings of seas.

3 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Rhino has quite a blubbery mesh, with a lot of ridges. I probably will enlarge tusks a bit, but I also need to ensure they don't clip into anything when animated. Truly, his magnificent walrus-like nature requires as much attention as those quaint kings of seas.

So, he's gonna be your walrus, Mr. Walrus Rider? XD

Ya the clipping may cause the issue for the tusks, but I hope the width of the tusks will be fitting for Rhino's bulkiness, as currently it's a bit thin.

5 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

So, everybody wanted bigger tusks, so I decided to just disable any resemblance of brakes or logic and made this 3c8889fdbf.jpg

450eb32a78.jpg

All control over my life has been lost. 

I like the way you made his horn pointing forward instead of upward. 

Nitpicking: The tusks are not enough thick enough.

Yup, I liked the idea of the horn, but didn't really like the horn as it was. So I changed it a bit. It's now thicker, girthier and more globular. And also turned Rhino partially into an octopus and a dinosaur, but that's secondary. Ten thousand years in making, Morty, ten thousand million years. Really need to start working on body. Can't stop adding more things to helmet.

What is important - now his horn has 19 pecs. 7d24eb22c2.jpg

The more pecs, the better. Miitopia can't be wrong.

P.S. @novabjorn - hey, sorry for ignoring you before. Thanks, I really like how you meld together robotic and organic parts on your Nezha.

3 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Yup, I liked the idea of the horn, but didn't really like the horn as it was. So I changed it a bit. It's now thicker, girthier and more globular. And also turned Rhino partially into an octopus and a dinosaur, but that's secondary. Ten thousand years in making, Morty, ten thousand million years. Really need to start working on body. Can't stop adding more things to helmet.

P.S. @novabjorn - hey, sorry for ignoring you before. Thanks, I really like how you meld together robotic and organic parts on your Nezha.

The tusks are sad in lack of pecs. The horn looks better and brutal.

@Vulbjorn Thanks! It's been a continuous process. The Claymire skin I made for the Galatine was very much that combination of organic warping metals. Then my Sigyn skin people were saying looked infested and really wanted an infested set similar to the graxx series. I think my Nezha skin finally hit where I want to take future skins with the combination of glowing innards, metal and infested organic shapes.

Looks like you're also working on an infested series so it'll be interesting to define difference styles and maybe aim for different frames so we can hit them all.

On 2017/9/3 at 6:55 AM, Vulbjorn said:

c07687309a.jpg

A horn-like-thing(foreward or backward) is appreciated, 'cuz we have tons of Rhinos' helms don't have horns, but nvm, this is just an personal idea, do what you like dude.:blush:

22 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Yay, you done that!!!! Sorry I don't find this until I hit the submit button:facepalm:

On 8/28/2017 at 7:21 AM, Vulbjorn said:

Hey, Vsauce, Vulbjorn here. Due to some recent banking issues with Steam, it seems like I'll need to skip this Tennogen round until I fix them (as Steam won't let me post anything until I do). However, I still would like to show my Oberon, as he was fully completed until I hit this wall. Here's some shots and colour scheme presentations.

Hide contents

EbYfZE8.jpg 561b032c7b.jpg81ce226796.jpg35c12b4551.jpgF5OWIuE.jpgza4EjxA.jpgkgQSGLz.jpg

And some earlier WiPs

Hide contents

DeN95tK.jpgyxR8IxF.jpgCuDX4Mz.jpg

I also wonder, now that I have somewhat indefinite amount of time until I fix my issue with Steam (if I ever be able to do), what would you like me to make? 

Update: Started working on Rhino. Here's his WiP noggin.

039e91454f.jpg5c407c5b1e.jpg

Not Gonna Lie, I absolutely love the way you textured Oberon. The webbing and harsh scale lines really enhance the infested look. And that helmet, that gorgeous helmet with insect-like antenna and mandibles. The energy placement gives it the compound eyes look. All i can say is that I cant wait to spend money on your skin. This deserves all the recognition and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your work.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Fox7000 said:

To be honest I think that prevorious literation of his horn was better but i am intrested in this one.

Currently WiP and horn is right now unfinished. I came to conclusion that previous helmet was a jumble of multiple designs, not connected by a central direction so I redid it quickly. Will probably add something to the horn and work more on it.

Archived