Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

3 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Are you going to be updating his syandana and armor pieces? Or did they not have issue with them.

I'll probably will redesign them more. Syandana is probably too simple, and will need large redesign, but chest piece has same problem as like 50% of my models - I didn't make a coherent presentation and DE doesn't know wtf they're accepting.

On 2021-01-03 at 2:36 AM, Vulbjorn said:

I'll probably will redesign them more. Syandana is probably too simple, and will need large redesign, but chest piece has same problem as like 50% of my models - I didn't make a coherent presentation and DE doesn't know wtf they're accepting.

Would be really cool to see the syandana updated with that crazy cracked head motif you have going on with the helmet. That glowing infested core, peeking out of jagged teeth.

On 2021-01-10 at 9:35 AM, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Would be really cool to see the syandana updated with that crazy cracked head motif you have going on with the helmet. That glowing infested core, peeking out of jagged teeth.

Yeah, good idea. I need to rework my syandana anyway, considering we already got infested backpack with four exhausts.

2 hours ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Do you have like a patreon or something where we can support you? 

Maybe get like before hand info, or secrets etc. Idk

No, never really considered it before. I always prefered to just make model and get money for it.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Hey hey hey, people of this Earth. I come to you with a worm-friend. Early stages of work, but I think he's starting to shape up nicely. Gonna be Grendel's syandana, I think. 

Okay that thing is really cool looking, I'll miss the old maw design but that is freaky, good work.

A bit of a suggestion, if you're open to them that is. I think it'd look really badass if the peg where the syandana connects to the body was more like a root, or a rope of tendrils, maybe a few spreading out that are digging into the back. Like its a parasite that's violently attached to the back of the warframe. Would fit the critter theme pretty well I think.

3 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Okay that thing is really cool looking, I'll miss the old maw design but that is freaky, good work.

A bit of a suggestion, if you're open to them that is. I think it'd look really badass if the peg where the syandana connects to the body was more like a root, or a rope of tendrils, maybe a few spreading out that are digging into the back. Like its a parasite that's violently attached to the back of the warframe. Would fit the critter theme pretty well I think.

I could, but it's gonna be pretty invisible anyway, the upper plate is designed to go against the back pretty flush. ZBrush_2021-01-20_17-28-54.jpg

6 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

I could, but it's gonna be pretty invisible anyway, the upper plate is designed to go against the back pretty flush.

Ah, I see what you're going for there. The updated version looks pretty wicked and that proboscis at the end coming out adds just the right amount of eww. lol

1 hour ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Wow yo, that almost looks like a tail!

Is that possible? A tail syndana that sticks close to the back of the warframe, then comes off the warframe when it reaches the rear?

Probably not, would require additional animations and multiple triggers, and so far DE only let few syandanas in with effects on trigger - spread wings on bulltjump, or something something on sprint. This is intended to be a pygmy Deimos wyrm, and I would be lucky if DE allows the claws to move gently like Fass/Vome do.

Edit. Also I can't connect syandanas to any other bone other than upper shoulders one. So no tails possible

1 hour ago, Vulbjorn said:

Probably not, would require additional animations and multiple triggers, and so far DE only let few syandanas in with effects on trigger - spread wings on bulltjump, or something something on sprint. This is intended to be a pygmy Deimos wyrm, and I would be lucky if DE allows the claws to move gently like Fass/Vome do.

Edit. Also I can't connect syandanas to any other bone other than upper shoulders one. So no tails possible

Well poooo!!! Its cool, it looks nice regardless

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, I thought the initial feedback for Grendel was a surprising bigger horns? The new helmet seems much more subdued and similar in overall shape to the Glutt. I really like the outline that the top horns gave and am much less charmed with this version. It nicely broke up his round and bubbly look and this just reinforces that. I was looking forward to a more different look :-(

13 hours ago, Koalachan said:

Hm, I thought the initial feedback for Grendel was a surprising bigger horns? The new helmet seems much more subdued and similar in overall shape to the Glutt. I really like the outline that the top horns gave and am much less charmed with this version. It nicely broke up his round and bubbly look and this just reinforces that. I was looking forward to a more different look :-(

In my defense they are bigger, I just needed to get rid of the skull look, and make sure his helmet would collapse into his ball, instead of being mushed into it, like previous was. 

On 2021-02-07 at 11:12 AM, Vulbjorn said:

In my defense they are bigger, I just needed to get rid of the skull look, and make sure his helmet would collapse into his ball, instead of being mushed into it, like previous was. 

Oh, that's a shame but beyond your control then. The general uninteresting round look of Grendel is a problem for me and you addressed that marvellously with the attachments, syandana and helmet. The silhouette that Grendel became after your first pass, broke away from the mold in a glorious manner. As someone who diskikes everything about his rollerball skill this is very disappointing. On the bright side, I can now stop struggling to try and find a Grendel setup/loadout that I enjoy playing which I was failing at. Everything about Grendel seems to resist me so I m gonna have to skip this one.

The Revenant helmet seems very 'skull fused with samurai helmet' so I would think that'd be a problem too then.

Also, may you drink much more rum coffee. Maybe some kind of singed texture look would work for an infested wisp? Might give you a slightly different Too-close-to-the-sun take on top of the regular infestation if you feel like mixing it up.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that I got your Nyx skin, and I absolutely love it! It's even better in game than it looked in the concept art. The textures, emissive locations and especially the helmet are all amazing. So thanks for doing what you're doing!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived