Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Please don't give up on the original Moloch syandana concept. The worm looks cool and I hope it's accepted too but I'm tired of 99% of syandanas being 'single thin dangly thing'. We need more things that alter the silhouette of a frame and your original Grendel syandana did just that.

• Like 5
Posted (edited)

That's a fair point. I'll redo the backpack. I need to redo design one way or another because DE themselves released an infested backpack with four exhaust nodules.

Edited by Vulbjorn
  • Like 3
On 2021-03-29 at 9:39 PM, MaraWuti said:

Please don't give up on the original Moloch syandana concept. The worm looks cool and I hope it's accepted too but I'm tired of 99% of syandanas being 'single thin dangly thing'. We need more things that alter the silhouette of a frame and your original Grendel syandana did just that.

Definitely agree with this. A lot of WFs have interesting backs and silhouettes, but many syandanas being a long dangly thing ends up hiding a lot.

• Like 1

I honestly like both of 'em, the worm is great but yeah the old one was very unique. Reminded me almost of a toothy pitcher plant. Felt more like it was a part of the frame, with a nice thick attachment point, unlike most syandanas. Frankly would love to see both sets completed and maybe some armor to go along with Grendel.

• Like 1

Some small progress on revenant, if you'd be interested to look. Will also make probably an infested guandao and samurai armor pieces unknown.png

• Like 7
Posted (edited)

I'm still going for samurai look, but at some point I realized that I was making way too obvious samurai, stuff like demon mask, obvious kabuto. So I adjusted him a little bit to fit the game better. I'll try to combine the looks as best as I can.

Edited by Vulbjorn

I'm not a huge fan of the samurai look, so I am glad you made it more subtle. Are you able to do asymmetrical designs on the warframe's body? Revenant's left arm is encased in his spooky sentient energy, so maybe you could have that arm be more fleshy/emissive, like infested energy is leaking out of a broken segment of carapace? Otherwise, damn I am glad we are finally getting a Revenant skin, he's been neglected for far too long!

1 hour ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I know I'm jumping the gun here but I'm having infested fantasies about a potential Sevagoth/Shadow Tennogen from our favorite artist.

Right now the resources for Sevagoth aren't currently available for Tennogen artists... However, I won't deny that I'm curious to see what Vulbjorn will do with it when the time comes. Admittedly, I am still hoping to see an Infested Wisp skin in the future. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, (XBOX)RAG is NAROK said:

Admittedly, I am still hoping to see an Infested Wisp skin in the future. 

Working on her too. Sevagoth looks perfect to work with, like deluxe body but default frame. Plus his shadow has it's own helmet, which means I, most likely, will be able to make a custom full skin for shadow as well.

Edited by Vulbjorn
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Working on her too. Sevagoth looks perfect to work with, like deluxe body but default frame. Plus his shadow has it's own helmet, which means I, most likely, will be able to make a custom full skin for shadow as well.

His anatomy already looks very visceral as well, lots of protrusions and holes. I can imagine the hollow thigh mesh being turned into some exposed bones or something.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I love how the ridge along the helmet looks as though it collapses down into the skull, can imagine that inner texture being all glossy and wet looking. Would be neat if there were some little strands of something connecting it to the head, like Nidus' Myxini helmet.

• Like 1

Congrats on another release! Not sure where to post this but it seems the textures on his boll are a bit broken in the live build.

Edit: Posted it in the art & animation bug forum.

Warframe0505.jpg?width=1055&height=564

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx
Posted (edited)

Thanks, yup I know. Already notified DE about it. It's pulling currently textures from his body textures, should from separate texture set. Should be an easy fix, just relink some files.

Edited by Vulbjorn

The ridght

On 2021-04-29 at 6:32 PM, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I love how the ridge along the helmet looks as though it collapses down into the skull

Yeah it's pretty amazing. I hope the skin will see a return of the use of pulsating emissives which is something I feel really brings home your infested esthetic. It took me ages to see Emissives effect on Grendel's back and his helmet as it appears really minimal to the point I first thought it did nothing anywhere. Looking forward to see the Wisp materialise as the Helmet begs to be used.

Edited by Koalachan
18 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Good to hear, can't wait to see it in all its glory. Curious, any progress on his syandana? I got the Grimstone too, looking forward to the full set eventually. 😉

I will progress on it as soon as I get out of my artistic block and into gym again.  So like, in a few days or so.

P.s. helmet should be animated, but something is off with the emissives on the entire skin, and I will need to fix it. There are some issues on the body too, it's too faint and interrupted.

Edited by Vulbjorn
7 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

I will progress on it as soon as I get out of my artistic block and into gym again.  So like, in a few days or so.

P.s. helmet should be animated, but something is off with the emissives on the entire skin, and I will need to fix it. There are some issues on the body too, it's too faint and interrupted.

I did notice the body emmisives in some areas were hardly noticeable, thought it was just my colors.