Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept : 'Nothing'

Vashtorr_the_Arkifane

Hello Fellow Tenno!
As those who follow my workings may know, I do some rather repetitive jobs where I work and that gives me time to think of new ideas like this one! 
Following the idea of haunting, ghosts and curses here is my idea for a ghostly frame: Nothing.
While I have no artwork, I'd happily commission a fellow Tenno to do so for me in exchange for some things from the Market... when Hydroid Prime Access is available so I have the Platnium. ^-^
The ideas for this frame are odd, unconventional. So please leave any constructive criticism or ideas below!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Nothing
Possible titles: The Lost, The Haunting.

Appearance:

Spoiler

Corpse-Like, Tall thin and missing parts of itself. A hole in the arm, torso or stomach. An Unblinking eye on the Helm. 
For more variety, I was thinking perhaps have Nothing's legs be severed at the thigh, with nothing but spectral smoke flowing from underneath. This would give a way to keep the rigging of current animations but allow for a different look to a new, horrifying frame. 

When Manifest (See Below under Abilities) is active, appears as spectral smoke to enemies and allies. 

Stats/Gimmick:

Spoiler

• Health : Tied to Energy Amount. (See Below)
  • Shield : None.
  • Armour : Low if any.
  • Energy : Tied to Health Amount. (See Below)
  • Sprint Speed : High.

Health and Energy amounts are combined and shared. Energy restored will restore same amount of Health, and Visa-Versa. As well as the reverse, taking damage will drain Nothing's energy as well equal to the amount. 
    Increasing Health with a Mod will Increase Energy Capacity as a result, as well as the other way around. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alrighty, Ability time! :P

Passive Ability: Not of This World

Spoiler
  • Health/Energy Drains whenever Manifest is Inactive.
  • Starts the Mission with Manifest active. 
  • Enemies are given a COLD Status Effect when walked into. (Will Alert Enemies)

First Power: Manifest

Spoiler

Toggled Ability to Self
Cost: 5 Energy/Health to Cast, Regenerate Energy/Health when Active. 

When Activate, Nothing is Intangible: Unable to deal or receive damage, but unable Hack Consoles, Receive Pick-Ups, Etc. Noises made will still Alert enemies. 

• Power Strength: N/A
  • Power Duration: N/A
  • Power Efficiency: Cast Cost, Regeneration. Lower Efficiency will result in Lower Regeneration. 
  • Power Range: N/A

Second Power: Curse

Spoiler

Cast Ability, Small Area of Effect where aiming. 
Cost: 25 Energy/Health.

When Cast on enemy, emits a small Area of Effect and Marks all enemies inside that area as 'Cursed' for a short amount of time. (Perhaps with a marker like when marked by Ash's BladeStorm)
Cursed enemies can deal damage to, and receive damage from Nothing even when Manifest is active. 

• Power Strength: N/A
  • Power Duration: Time Enemies remain Cursed.
  • Power Efficiency: Cast Cost. 
  • Power Range: Range of AoE. 

Third Power: Haunted Halls

Spoiler

Toggled Aura.
Cost: 10 Energy/Health to cast, 10 Energy/Health Per Second.

When cast, releases a haunted aura that grants bonuses to Nothing and Allies in range against enemies affected by Curse, Depending on Moral Alignment (Players who have NOT Completed 'The War Within' will be counted as 'Neutral')

Sun Aligned: Damage Reduction from Cursed Enemies. 
Neutrally Aligned: Damage Reduction from, and Damage Bonus to Cursed Enemies. (Half amounts of Full Alignments)
Moon Aligned: Damage Bonus to Cursed Enemies. 

• Power Strength: Damage Reduction/Boost Strength
  • Power Duration: Drain Cost
  • Power Efficiency: Cast Cost, Drain Cost
  • Power Range: Aura Range

Fourth Power: Return To Nothing

Spoiler

Large Area Of Effect, Special Skill. 
Slow Charge time, able to cancel.
Cost: All Current Energy/Health. 

HOLD 'POWER 4' BUTTON TO CAST.

Drains all current Energy/Health to create a large area of effect. When Released, instantly kills all (Non-Special) enemies and removes all corpses. 
If ability not released in a short time, will kill Nothing, as all Energy/Health has been used.

Enemies DO NOT Give Affinity or Pick-Ups.
Energy/Health Restored for a decent amount per Cursed enemy killed by Return To Nothing.
Range dependant on amount of Energy/Health used to cast.

• Power Strength: Health/Energy Restored.
  • Power Duration: Time Able to Hold Charge. 
  • Power Efficiency: N/A
  • Power Range: Range of AoE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where to get Nothing:

Spoiler

I was thinking that the Orokin Derilict would be a good place for Nothing to be sealed away, particularly in the Vaults. 
Perhaps, when entering the Vaults there will be a 50% chance for a little spectre of Nothing to spawn in, and when trapped and scanned (Using Synthesis Scanner + Traps) it will drop one of it's Four Blueprints.

I think, as a spectral idea, it should NOT be available to purchase from the market, either it's Blueprint or Parts. 

Orokin Cyphers, Void Traces and Argon Crystals in the resources for it's Parts would make sense thematically as a sort of Void Ghost. 

-----------------
Q&A:

Nullifiers?

Spoiler

Entering a Nullifier Bubble would cancel abilities as usual, and make you vulnerable since Manifest will no longer be active.

Too Much Immortality?

Spoiler

Personally I see it as a way to make an interesting High Risk/Reward. A penalty for over-use perhaps, maybe Half Affinity when Manifest is active?

Magnetic Procs and Energy Lechers?

Spoiler

This is a problem I am thinking hard of, since a Magnetic Proc would kill Nothing outright. Any ideas would be very helpful. 

Trinity's Best Friend?

Spoiler

Another Problem I am thinking of how to overcome. Of course being unable to gain back Energy/Health when channelling abilities would work perhaps?

-------------------------------------------

That's all I have for now! Please leave any comments or questions down below, thank you for reading!!
^-^

Edited by Axelieus
Additional Information

yeeeeeeah NO . mainly do to the 4th.. that 4th is stupidly OP it is not funny. and does not make sense for it has to use ALL hp. energy? that seems fine. also the hp and energy linked? yeaaaah say hello to MAG progs.  aka they instant ? kill or can instant kill. or only certain ones. and those energy make 0 fields?

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Solargeo said:

yeeeeeeah NO . mainly do to the 4th.. that 4th is stupidly OP it is not funny. and does not make sense for it has to use ALL hp. energy? that seems fine. also the hp and energy linked? yeaaaah say hello to MAG progs.  aka they instant ? kill or can instant kill. or only certain ones. and those energy make 0 fields?

As I said, it's a work in progress. And in the Q&A Section there is that point about MAG procs, which I said I am trying to think of a way about.
Risk/Reward is a big part for his 4th in my mind. Yeah you kill everything but you do not get any affinity from it or loot, and if you haven't cursed anything in the area, you'll kill yourself as well.

1 minute ago, Axelieus said:

As I said, it's a work in progress. And in the Q&A Section there is that point about MAG procs, which I said I am trying to think of a way about.
Risk/Reward is a big part for his 4th in my mind. Yeah you kill everything but you do not get any affinity from it or loot, and if you haven't cursed anything in the area, you'll kill yourself as well.

it was not there when i was trying to make the post elrier as in before the update thing  and it also does not allow allies to get any affinity or drops then

Just now, (Xbox One)Solargeo said:

it was not there when i was trying to make the post elrier as in before the update thing  and it also does not allow allies to get any affinity or drops then

In case of allies not receiving Drops/Affinity. There is the Risk/Reward too. 

On a Defence for example, do you kill everything to do it quickly but not get Loot but can speed-through waves faster.
I'll be back on here tomorrow night to refine this concept through the day as I think more about all these things.

9 minutes ago, Axelieus said:

I agree with comments before, denying affinity+ the insta kill regardless if trash mobs is too annoying/denial of gameplay mechanic and OP respectively.

Besides those and health/ energy having equal...cant think of the word for this.... it should be more like if health takes dmg half or 1/3 of the dmg is transfered over to energy but if energy is hit aka energy leeches or mag then nothing happens to health, basically treat energy like his/her shield in this case, i like everything else though it is interesting to say the least.

Edit: Forgot to mention one other thing using all health AND energy to cast yeah this is just....no. All energy and a % of health maybe but regardless i recommend changing that 4th to something else or highly beneficial in another way to make even this               ^ warranted.

Edited by Omnipower

The Health linked to energy is quite an interesting concept. Though as others said, mag procs are the death of you and will make you poof into "nothing" (badum tishhhh). But mag procs don't come toooo often?

The 4th ability is just not ok.... If it were a mode where he would have a special weapon and/or attack to constantly do damage to enemies by using things like combos... Sure.

But straight out 1 hitting any trashmob .... no.

My thoughts

Change his 4th ability to a state where he takes out his special weapon ( let's say something like a whip? He seems kinda like the reaper spooky kinda guy...) 

The more combos he does, the more damage he will do.
It constantly drains his energy, let's say 8hp/ener per sec base? Killing enemies gives back health/energy.
The more damage he does, the more enraged he becomes, and starts losing health faster... to a max of like 10-20 hp/sec base?
Rolling(1 tap on shift) in this mode makes him do a medium long dash -> roll in the direction he is facing with a smoke effect, and automatically sets him in "Manifest" slowing the drain (by alot) for missions like def that have "long" intervals.

The moment he attacks, he immediately 'jumps' auto of manifest.

He is still able to use his other abilities while in this mode, but instead of manifest bieng his first ability, he gains a kinda dash-finisher ability to use on enemies in close range, This can also be a part of a long or difficult combo to increase his damage alot more, making it a true risk/reward frame.

Appearance

I think making it a prototype tenno style warframe would be better. It could fit in the lore as one of the first ever created but forgotten warframe even before excalibur, (like a cliche plottwist :3)
Rotten and forgotten for so many years. The oldest of warframes... 

EDIT: If the passive on manifest is the energy when inactive and the cold proc... What is his warframe passive? Please don't say that that is his actual pasive ._. 

(Can't be worse then hydroids passive though... (Please don't kill me))

Edited by sniperbro-captian-PS

• 2 weeks later...

Seem like an "Game of Death" Frame Idea  you have here.

Frame seem really Squishy, more of a challange then viable for High-End Gameplay.

Some Tennos are right about the Health/Energy being tie together, up until now, 300 would be considered the based Health, and 150 the based Energy.

Level 0: 300 Health, 300 Energy. Level 30: 900 Health, 900 Energy, 900 would seem a bit too much, but it not ground-breaking.

Note: Any mod boosting to Health or Energy, WILL NOT Equate or boost both Health/Energy Stats, which is separate of each other. Yeah based of Level, they seem to be the same, :thumbup:, but by using mod to gain more number would be the "limitation". 

Truth is, I was thinking how this resemble the current Squishy (E) Operator. but this WarFrame Idea remind me of what [Harrow] was not.

Still it was a good read. Would I play this WarFrame? Some people might, Look good for Defense if the 4th ability was not so "life-taker".

Revise to 4th: Specters Copy of Enemies is Split and Haunt each enemies, until they perish, of course non-Special Enemies still apply. So just a Crowd Control at it best, with 100, energy consumption of course, and 50m range cap?

End Note: Most WarFrames follow the same idea, still unreliable when it come to Cancellation of Abilities, Energy Drained would leave helpless.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had troubles with personal life latley which hasnt given me much time to think of how to work on improving Nothing  as a concept. Thank you all for your patience, I hope to change and add to this spectral frame soon.

One Idea I did have was for the 4th to instead be a POSSESSION ability, allowing one to take control of an enemy unit until they are killed. Unfortunately I think at one point DE Said that that may become a thing for our Operators, similar to how we possessed The Ravenous Golden Maw in TWW.

Thanks for your patience, please leave any ideas and I'll try act on them as soon as I can! :D