The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Tests Are Not Funny. Wish Use Platinum To Complete Tests

(PSN)TomRed20019

Last time I retried the rank 19 test I used Ivara with a Rakta Dark Dagger.  She has a passive enemy radar that helps with sneaking up on people and the Rakta Dark Dagger has a passive that reduces the range you can be spotted at so you don't have to worry about far away enemies.

4 hours ago, Katinka said:

Last time I retried the rank 19 test I used Ivara with a Rakta Dark Dagger.  She has a passive enemy radar that helps with sneaking up on people and the Rakta Dark Dagger has a passive that reduces the range you can be spotted at so you don't have to worry about far away enemies.

wow. I didn't know about that weapon does that. I will get Rakta Dark Dagger cause the problem I was having is being seen from faraway the enemies will detect me and I would be mad cause I would knee thinking they can't see me. Thank you. I will practice with that weapon and warframe. 

The only thing I wish we could use the warframe ability. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)TomRed20019 said:

wow. I didn't know about that weapon does that. I will get Rakta Dark Dagger cause the problem I was having is being seen from faraway the enemies will detect me and I would be mad cause I would knee thinking they can't see me. Thank you. I will practice with that weapon and warframe. 

The only thing I wish we could use the warframe ability. 

I highly recommend you also mod for as much enemy radar as you can.  Knowing how close the enemies are to each other and their direction helps immensely in this test.

On 8/30/2017 at 11:59 PM, (PS4)TomRed20019 said:

-snip-

The only issue with Mastery Tests is that the skills required to complete them (unless you use a particular loadout) are never required as win-conditions anywhere else in the game, so most players never develop those skills.

For example, the MR11 test is not that hard after some practice, but it's commonly whined about on the Forums. The reason for this is not because it's incredibly difficult to move and shoot at the same time; it's because in all the hundreds of hours a player has played this game up to MR11, Warframe has never required the player to move and shoot at the same time. It's there if you want to develop the skill, but no special reward is earned for any player by developing that skill beyond their own enjoyment. And so when players, having never been forced/encouraged to shoot while moving, end up horribly failing the MR11 Test over and over, it seems unfair.

The same can be said for the MR 19 Test melee-only stealth check. Since the game never requires you to develop skills like enemy awareness and quick, covert movement, many players end up unable to perform these tasks reliably and find the test far more difficult than the mechanical learning curve of the game has implied itself to be.

It depends on how you view this game, but I strongly believe that the solution to this mechanical disconnect is not to give players a free pass to these skill checks, but instead to put meaningful checks into the rest of the game. Give us missions where stealth is actually required. Give us learning curves to high-mobility combat by improving the dynamic elements of Capture missions and giving us exclusive rewards for developing the skill and other skills like it. If we have these in place, the average player will get to these Mastery Tests and may still find them difficult, but won't be blindsided by the concepts that require success in them because they'll have been practicing elsewhere in the game.

Edited by SenorClipClop

Just so you're aware, the test can easily be cheesed by using Banshee with the Redeemer. Her passive makes it silent, and modding for raw damage with channeling makes it a cinch to clear the test, almost no effort involved. After nearly clearing in practice it with my Ember and Orthos Prime (failed only because of a mistimed bullet jump), I was sufficiently satisfied with clearing it the easy-cheesy way.

For each of the mastery tests, there's some way to cheese success. It's not so much a test of skill as it is a puzzle to be solved. Treat it as such, and you'll find it much easier.

On 30/08/2017 at 9:14 PM, Foxbat40 said:

Get a tonbo. Equip a range mod on it. Now you can melee people from 3 meters away through walls. Only use melee not ranged. Slam attacks can kill 3 guys at once even if you miss. Just make sure to land behind them not in front of them.

ok so i tried tonbo and the very first guy on the right after killing the first enemy detected me AFTER i killed him

take this test and shove it

6 hours ago, SilverRook said:

ok so i tried tonbo and the very first guy on the right after killing the first enemy detected me AFTER i killed him

take this test and shove it

It's not the guy you killed that detected you, it's another grineer. There's 2 of them up there on the right.  

Equip Enemy Radar aura + Enemy Sense.  You will see them all on your radar and which way they're facing and the state of their alertness. This makes it much more easier to prepare each kill. If using Ivara, her innate radar stacks with all those mods as well.  

If a corpse is detected, the visual detection range of the alerted soldier is extended by quite a lot. They can see you from very far away. Hollow red arrow = unalerted.   Semi-filled red arrow = alerted; since they can now spot you you from afar stay out of their line of sight and remain hidden until they turn around.

Use channeling attacks to kill them, this disintegrates the corpse and leaves nothing to be detected.

18 hours ago, SilverRook said:

i know where they were i killed the first then went for the guy on the right while behind the other pillar..... 

i'm trying the banshee method now i've got the parts 

Confirmed..... makes the test MUCH easier.

You still gotta pray to RNGesus that the bodies don't ragdoll in front of another patrolling enemy..... but i have had MUCH better success with this method 

Thanks (Xbox One)DS Monkfish and EmissaryOfInfinity

Use channeling attacks to kill them, this disintegrates the corpse and leaves nothing to be detected.

also confirmed :D thanks MystMan - it makes teh bodies fly up in a column of light when you hit them with bullet dance :) 

Edited by SilverRook

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Zweimander said:

The archwing test later on is way harder. Be thankful your still on a rather tame test.

Which ArchWing test are you referring to?  The only one I remember was extremely easy.  Just use Itzal and go straight without moving in any other direction.  Use it's Teleport once if needed and you're finished.  It's the easiest test out of all of them.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

On 09/09/2017 at 4:52 PM, SilverRook said:

Confirmed..... makes the test MUCH easier.

You still gotta pray to RNGesus that the bodies don't ragdoll in front of another patrolling enemy..... but i have had MUCH better success with this method 

Thanks (Xbox One)DS Monkfish and EmissaryOfInfinity

also confirmed :D thanks MystMan - it makes teh bodies fly up in a column of light when you hit them with bullet dance :) 

*LONG gasp*

unknown.png

FINALLY !!! thanks guys.

The problem i found with the mr11 test is not that it would be hard to do but the fact that it gets bugged so frequently half of the map is missing more often than not and there is literally no indication as for where you're supposed to go other than the orbs that either appear or don't.

In my first few tries i used normal frames which were too slow, then switched to Ash with all speed and mobility mods, overjumped the platforms a lot of times because there is no way for precise parkour movement that isn't butt slow, then tried it with Titania and failed it halfway trying to figure out where to go and other times that part of the map didn't even sync so i just stopped caring about this test.

That being said bugged Cancery tests should be fixed not being turned into a paywall to pay to skip broken content.

I'm way late to this party but Mastery Rank Test 8 is B.S. because if you have physical limitations that prevent you from completing it like I do. The game is using a bias. Any player with coordination difficulty and trouble in spacial settings is biased out. I can beat this test only by luck and randoness. This test eliminates players with disabilities and that's wrong.  The game shouldn't do that.

Yup I'm physically disabled and struggle just enough with spatial that I am screwed. WAY TO GO WARFRAME TEAM! You have successfully weeded out DISABLED AMERICAN CITIZENS. Just awesome!!!

They charge tons of money for gear. They make these mastery rank tests so that only 9 year olds hyped up on qualudes and koolaid can pass them. This pisses me off. I'm not a troll. I'm a disabled citizen with nerve damage, ADHD and spatial disabilities that render in math and depth perception I don''t even understand.

Come on warframe support? Help someone out who's made numerous efforts to reach you. This is so stupid.

Edited by (XB1)Known As Delta

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Known As Delta said:

I'm way late to this party but Mastery Rank Test 8 is B.S. because if you have physical limitations that prevent you from completing it like I do. The game is using a bias. Any player with coordination difficulty and trouble in spacial settings is biased out. I can beat this test only by luck and randoness. This test eliminates players with disabilities and that's wrong.  The game shouldn't do that.

I had to go back and see which test this was and see what was involved in completing it.  I'm a little confused on how you aren't able to do it.  

MR Test 8 requires you to jump to a platform that appears after shooting a target, then proceeding further with a another target and jump.  One jump requires a high bullet jump then aim glide to reach a platform.  Another requires a bullet jump straight up.  

The only way I can see someone not being able to do this is if they have their button configuration in a way that makes doing the bulletjump/aimglide button combination hard.  

Please don't be offended by my post as I'm truly trying to understand what's causing you to have trouble and hopefully help.

Edited by DatDarkOne

16 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I had to go back and see which test this was and see what was involved in completing it.  I'm a little confused on how you aren't able to do it.  

Please don't be offended by my post as I'm truly trying to understand what's causing you to have trouble and hopefully help.

It's the button coordination involved in the jumping. In my mind the controller buttons get a little confused. In the game you can mash for most things and get by. This requires button coordination I just don't have. I've made it once to the high platform you walljump walljump to get to. I have no idea if I'm close to completing it or not as I cannot get back there again.

I want to jump high and I roll, I want to jump long and I slide. I want to just land right on the little red ball (which you can do) and I skim it and freefall.

It's the button sequences that mess me up. I'm screwed because in my head they are totally random when I'm stressed.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Known As Delta said:

It's the button coordination involved in the jumping. In my mind the controller buttons get a little confused. In the game you can mash for most things and get by. This requires button coordination I just don't have. I've made it once to the high platform you walljump walljump to get to. I have no idea if I'm close to completing it or not as I cannot get back there again.

I want to jump high and I roll, I want to jump long and I slide. I want to just land right on the little red ball (which you can do) and I skim it and freefall.

It's the button sequences that mess me up. I'm screwed because in my head they are totally random when I'm stressed.

Ahhh, Ok.  Just take your time.  That specific test isn't timed.  So you can stop to get your bearings with your buttons and how you want to proceed.  If I remember the default Xbox one controls correctly, Left bumper should be crouch while the A button is jump.  You can press them both together to bulletjump or crouch first and then jump to do it.  Left Trigger would be Aim Glide/Aim which you can do right after any jump.  A much easier way to bulletjump straight up on controllers is to look down and then bullet jump.  This will allow you to see where you are going to land without having to worry about having to move the right analog stick from top to bottom.  

Also, I wouldn't recommend landing on the red ball as shooting it makes it disappear as well as making the new platform appear.  Good luck.  :D