Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

September: A month of solidarity.

[DE]Rebecca

If you cannot support them with money, think about donating bone marrow. I'm a donor, enlisted internationally with ADMO.
A TL;DR version about how it's possible is: they take a saliva sample, they look into it to extract your markers, then they put your markers in a list, if a patient (affected by leukemia for example) is compatible with your markers you get a call. From there there are protocols and whatnot, but you could end up saving a life, a life that ONLY YOU can save (bc compatibility is really rare).

If you want to know more about bone marrow donation, google it, or look here: https://bethematch.org/support-the-cause/donate-bone-marrow/donation-faqs/

@[DE]Rebecca this might be usefull too.

Edited by Namastyler
  • Like 2

hey i really love the sentiment and think this is a wonderfull idea but i think thd ribbon would work much better as an auxillary id just hate to redo the armor configs and loadouts on the 20 plus frames i regular, just food for thought ill still sport it regardless but if you guys could some how switch it to an auxillary we could sport them with true style. Thank you for your support of this tremendous cause! Killing infested and caner with the power of the void! love warframe! Love Lotus! Love Life!

Edited by (XB1)RogueTenno

As soon as i got this riben i instantly puted it on all of my warframes, since i know the problem thath is cancer, one of my moust beloved uncle died from cancer, but we both been computer game fans, and too bad i didint manage to show this game to him, i think he wudev liked it. 

I realize this is my second comment but just want to re-emphasize how amazing I think this gesture is. Made a small donation. Not saying this to praise myself, I don't want to be that vain but I just want to encourage other people that even the smallest donation, even just $1 could help.  As many others have said, I too, would love it if you would make this beautiful attachment permanent.

Edited for clarification

Edited by ModernGreg
Clarification

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Help us support those with Leukemia.

This September we're introducing an item to the Warframe community that tells a story.

A wearable orange ribbon - signifying Leukemia awareness month - will be given to all players with the option to equip it and show support in game.

Why?

Cancer is a devastating disease - even more-so when support is unavailable to those suffering. At Digital Extremes we've committed to learning everything we can about helping those with Leukemia as it is a cancer that has hit very close to home.

This month we're asking you to show your support and spread awareness about helping organizations support those with Leukemia. Wearing this ribbon will do just that.
If you're able, we're also setting up a DE team for the Light The Night Walk on October 14 in our hometown of London Ontario. As a company we are matching any donations made to our team.

Tenno, we ask you to consider supporting one of our own however you can. Your Harmony Ribbon is waiting for the month of September in-game and will be removed when September ends. All you have to do is log in starting September 1st at 11 a.m ET.

Our team:
https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?langPref=en-CA&TSID=789140

Further Reading:
http://www.llscanada.org/leukemia

Thank you, Tenno!

how do I find and attach the ribbon. I've lost Family to colon Cancer. an aunt and an Uncle on my mom's side so this hits home for me

Many thanks to DE for such a good work! I will wear this ribbon with proud to show my support to all those people which lifes was changed due to this horrible disease.

Even if I didn't suffer from Leukemia, most of my life I was an invalind and I can understand how important it could be to get some support from others. Great work, DE! Keep it up!

removed at the end of september? this is down right insulting. "committed to supporting"

To be clear, as someone who has been heavilly impacted by various forms of cancer, this is a great gesture, but removing it after a month is just wrong.

Edited by Chaos_Rifle

24 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Can we keep it?

I want to keep it for Personal reasons and support.

This!^^^

Having the items (Lupis Headgear, Pumpkin Mask-cause it's not a dulllahan's mask cause dullahans have no heads-, and the moustaches) removed from inventory is the single most irritating and sometimes infuriating things about those months.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Skylar McCloud said:

how do I find and attach the ribbon. I've lost Family to colon Cancer. an aunt and an Uncle on my mom's side so this hits home for me

It's in the chest selection of attachment. I'm sorry for your loss, Tenno brother.