Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

September: A month of solidarity.

[DE]Rebecca

I've gone through chemio for a tumor a couple years ago, i'm all right now but i've seen people with leukemia during my stay in the hospital and that's just...

You guys are doing a good thing, you know, i think tragedy can be overcome by people, it's built in us the ability to do so, but every bit of help and moral support in a condition like that is more than appreciated.

Keep doing the right things, tennos, DE, and stop doing what you know it's not right, by your own definitions, as individuals and as a company.

love you all

35 minutes ago, Cry-Havoc said:

Oh no... That kid from Make a Wish, that wanted to be the first to play on the Plains of Eidolon... He didn't lose his fight with cancer did he...?

is there more informations about that? first time I'm hearing about this X_X 

I think this is awesome. I also think we should b able to keep these even after the month is over. I also think we should b able to change the color of it for each respective month of cancer awareness. Personally my mother and father as well as other friends and family survived breast cancer. My grandmother died from a few cancers. I would love at least a pink ribbon to show support of breast cancer but if we could at least have the color automatically change to the respective month as they come and go that would b awesome too. Even better would b to let us change it among the different colors for cancer awareness ourselves to support the ones we feel the most need to. Again, i would absolutely love to be able to show support for breast cancer awareness. After this month is over, id b very happy to b able to do so.

Hey guys, all well and good that we're doing this but keep in mind that while it may increase visibility and raise awareness, practical changes need to take place as well in the fight against cancer. That having been said, if you have the means, please consider donating to cancer charities. I live in Australia, so most of the charities I will be talking about are straya-specific, though similar organisations exist worldwide. for instance the Leukaemia Foundation (http://www.leukaemia.org.au/how-to-help) has a large part to play in support for people with Leukaemia and their families, and also can help you facilitate the donation of blood and bone marrow (you could personally save a life!) Furthermore, cancer research is necessary in the search for a cure, but it's expensive! Donating to charities like the Australian Cancer Research Foundation (https://acrf.com.au/) makes a huge impact here because the money going through this charity is funnelled directly into research grants for scientists looking for cures for several different types of cancer (not just Leukaemia).

3 minutes ago, DalaiLemur said:

Hey guys, all well and good that we're doing this but keep in mind that while it may increase visibility and raise awareness, practical changes need to take place as well in the fight against cancer. That having been said, if you have the means, please consider donating to cancer charities. I live in Australia, so most of the charities I will be talking about are straya-specific, though similar organisations exist worldwide. for instance the Leukaemia Foundation (http://www.leukaemia.org.au/how-to-help) has a large part to play in support for people with Leukaemia and their families, and also can help you facilitate the donation of blood and bone marrow (you could personally save a life!) Furthermore, cancer research is necessary in the search for a cure, but it's expensive! Donating to charities like the Australian Cancer Research Foundation (https://acrf.com.au/) makes a huge impact here because the money going through this charity is funnelled directly into research grants for scientists looking for cures for several different types of cancer (not just Leukaemia).

and or donate cpu cycles to research with software like boinc :O 

my 11 year son plays warframe on the xbox one.. When i told him (had to translate) what the ribbon was for he started to cry.. he recently recoverd from high risk leukimia and lived in the hospital for 56 weeks straight.. his reaction is; it's amazing you guys do this... thought i pass his message.. 

Hats down and full respect to you DE. Finally more and more people decide to spread awareness of such an awful form of cancer.

A lot of people seem to want to keep the ribbon as a permanent feature, myself included. I really hope this becomes a thing. It's a powerful symbol for a lot of us that we would love to keep.

I lost a family member to cancer last month and had the funeral on Thursday. its so amazing to see a game that i love fund money for something so S#&amp;&#036;ty like cancer, This isn't the first time a family member of mine has had cancer. My brother had it when he was a baby and he lived lucky but has left him with many issues in life, So to anyone who has cancer or knows someone with cancer my thoughts are with you and anyone who has lost a loved one to cancer i am so sorry for your loss. Thank you DE for doing something <3

I don't doubt I'm going to get flak for being That guy, but I hate Hate Hate "charities" that take money only for 'raising awareness' and covering "Administrative costs" (ie a group that does nothing to further research/cures/patient care but uses the name of some disease or disaster to make themselves look good and trustworthy) So now I have to research the finances of a charity before I decide to support.

LLSC (Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada) (The group behind the "Light the Night Walk") spends its money like this:

HKis9Ra.png

(taken from http://www.llscanada.org/who-we-are/financials )

So for LLSC; a quarter from every dollar they raise goes to research, and just under a dime goes to patient care. Also note; LLSC does not receive government or cancer society funding. take this how you will.

Edited by RICK_BO
typo