Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

September: A month of solidarity.

[DE]Rebecca

On 8/30/2017 at 0:49 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hel us support those with Leukemia.

This September we're introducing an item to the Warframe community that tells a story.

A wearable orange ribbon - signifying Leukemia awareness month - will be given to all players with the option to equip it and show support in game.

Why?

Cancer is a devastating disease - even more-so when support is unavailable to those suffering. At Digital Extremes we've committed to learning everything we can about helping those with Leukemia as it is a cancer that has hit very close to home.

This month we're asking you to show your support and spread awareness about helping organizations support those with Leukemia. Wearing this ribbon will do just that.
If you're able, we're also setting up a DE team for the Light The Night Walk on October 14 in our hometown of London Ontario. As a company we are matching any donations made to our team.

Tenno, we ask you to consider supporting one of our own however you can. Your Harmony Ribbon is waiting for the month of September in-game and will be removed when September ends. All you have to do is log in starting September 1st at 11 a.m ET.

Our team:
https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?langPref=en-CA&TSID=789140

Further Reading:
http://www.llscanada.org/leukemia

Thank you, Tenno!

Wow 14 right on my birthday!

19 hours ago, MrShooter said:

Who has money to gain from convincing the vulnerable and desperate to buy tools, books, and supplements for these "natural" remedies? 

Who is gaining by telling you they are the only ones you can trust, that the rest of the world is a conspiracy against you? That you should turn away from doctors and professionals, who are all in on it?

Who is gaining by telling you to "do your own research", yet immediately warn you away from "untrustworthy" government and medical journals, giving you a bias before you even begin, gently guiding you towards fringe sources to discover their "hidden truth"?

Who is gaining by telling you they have something the conspiracy doesn't want you to have or know about, and that you should outwit the conspiracy by buying that thing?

Follow your own advice; follow the money. You just may find a new bleak truth, if you have the strength to face it.

1. Who is currently gaining from them because of their condition? I never said every doctor was in on it, a lot probably aren't many probably want the best for each of their patients and use every tool they have to make an expedient process of medical-recovery, but they follow rules. Rules that cater to keeping patients on treatment, Rules that are not set by them but by the industry.

2. "Who is gaining by telling you they have something the conspiracy doesn't want you to have or know about, and that you should outwit the conspiracy by buying that thing?"

That's probably the stupidest thing I've read all day.

I never said Gerson was an absolute-truth, I'm pretty sure you yourself didn't even care about "leukemia" awareness, alternate possible solutions to the disease, or even know about it until it was put into your inbox by DE.

3. My "own advice"... "follow the money"... What new bleak truth am I going to find, mister internet troll?

My own advice currently points to the massive cancer society that currently siphon inordinate amounts of money from people with a dying family member, whilst the family member continues to die, and does die unfortunately.

The sole point I was trying to make is there is probably a better solution than donating money to a chain of "organizations" which have no interest in finding cures for these terminal illnesses. But hey what do I know?

I'm just an un-educated tenno on the internet. You don't have to listen to me, but please continue to tell me the galactic scale just how wrong I am, please type out a 3 paragraph long response to this post, I hope you do, Because I will not be reading it.

Have a wonderful day, and I hope you continue to have fun on Warframe.

This is great to see DE supporting, pretty much everyone has at least one of their loved ones or a friend that has been affected by cancer unfortunately. Would love to see you using your ability to reach a wide audience more often :) If you and the team could throw out some support for the Hurricane Harvey victims in Texas, that would be awesome too! Keep up the support!

I personally love the support DE is giving. My mother has lymphoma (and like leukemia, is also a blood cancer), so this month is also for her. I am proud to wear the ribbon all time, but I would like if we were allowed to keep the ribbon even after September. I understand that it's also important to raise awareness for other important causes, but I think it would be nice if we could also continue showing our support for all them, and be allowed to keep any attachments that are meant for awareness. That's just my thoughts though. I still admire DE for what they're doing.

Devs, I wonder how much you donated for the treatment of this disease? or is it all just a whisper in words?

Devs, Интересно, а какую вы сумму пожертвовали на лечение этой болезни? или все только треп на словах?

I work in a psychiatric hospital and currently caring for a young 20-something yearold gentleman (kid honestly) dealing with ALL (acute lymphoblastic leukemia). I'm lucky not to have a family history of this, but it's heartbreaking to watch someone especially so young have to deal with something so devastating as this. I'll wear the ribbon and donate for sure. Thanks DE for being such awesome developers and human beings in general.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pinochet said:

Devs, I wonder how much you donated for the treatment of this disease? or is it all just a whisper in words?

Devs, Интересно, а какую вы сумму пожертвовали на лечение этой болезни? или все только треп на словах?

they donated  a large portion of the ticket price from the tennocon which was either 15k or 150k I forgot where I read it and this isn't their first charity event they usually have a  discount even during those where X items are reduced in price for a few days then another set then another set, the more is donated the bigger the thank you reward for the players as a whole at the end, like the solstice skins however right now everyone and their mother are currently in THE CRUUUUUNCH!!! for eidolon which releases this september. The intend is probably A to finish on the promised time and B to allow people to buy some of the new things added for the donation event when it starts . You should check the history of the company before you pretty much insinuate they are just all talk :O Though I give you the benefit of a doubt that this wasn't your intention :3 

I think it is awesome that DE is taking a stance on a community issue that affects so many people. It shows great social awareness and thought leadership...not to mention you are doing something positive in a world full of people just complaining. Thank you for stepping up!

DE, please do keep this orange ribbon as perma-item. I feel that it has the meaning for the cause since it brought a message to everyone around the tenno universe. Even though some may disagree the fact of ''virtual item'' but the true core purpose of this orange ribbon, somehow, brightens up the day of someone among us. Thank you DE for bringing hopes to the misfortunes. =)

Tenno, we ask you to consider supporting one of our own however you can. Your Harmony Ribbon is waiting for the month of September in-game and will be removed when September ends. All you have to do is log in starting September 1st at 11 a.m ET.

can we make it Permanent..? I really like the design.