Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

September: A month of solidarity.

[DE]Rebecca

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Help us support those with Leukemia.

This September we're introducing an item to the Warframe community that tells a story.

A wearable orange ribbon - signifying Leukemia awareness month - will be given to all players with the option to equip it and show support in game.

Why?

Cancer is a devastating disease - even more-so when support is unavailable to those suffering. At Digital Extremes we've committed to learning everything we can about helping those with Leukemia as it is a cancer that has hit very close to home.

This month we're asking you to show your support and spread awareness about helping organizations support those with Leukemia. Wearing this ribbon will do just that.
If you're able, we're also setting up a DE team for the Light The Night Walk on October 14 in our hometown of London Ontario. As a company we are matching any donations made to our team.

Tenno, we ask you to consider supporting one of our own however you can. Your Harmony Ribbon is waiting for the month of September in-game and will be removed when September ends. All you have to do is log in starting September 1st at 11 a.m ET.

Our team:
https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?langPref=en-CA&TSID=789140

Further Reading:
http://www.llscanada.org/leukemia

Thank you, Tenno!

sad... de has yet to respond to it being made permanent

On 9/2/2017 at 5:06 PM, The_soldier_of_no_Sorrow said:

1. Who is currently gaining from them because of their condition? I never said every doctor was in on it, a lot probably aren't many probably want the best for each of their patients and use every tool they have to make an expedient process of medical-recovery, but they follow rules. Rules that cater to keeping patients on treatment, Rules that are not set by them but by the industry.

Hmmmm... I'd say the drug companies producing the treatments, the hospitals administering the treatments, oh, and the vultures hocking their "alternative" treatments, taking money from the desperate and putting them at unnecessary risk.

Personally I'm more against the latter than the former.

2. "Who is gaining by telling you they have something the conspiracy doesn't want you to have or know about, and that you should outwit the conspiracy by buying that thing?"

That's probably the stupidest thing I've read all day.

I can only hope it was less painful for you to read than this statement of yours was for me:

(minus all of the people who denounce the present day medical community that you've never heard of because they have been made to be quiet, or they've had their medical licenses revoked, or mysteriously died)

Following your suggestion to google it (and avoiding hater-wikipedia, of course), the first result I saw for Gerson therapy was the official website, explaining how wonderful it is, with a store section selling books, DVDs, tools, etc. and a "starter kit" going over $200. No ulterior motive there, I'm sure. I wonder how much it benefits word of mouth promotion and sales to have people believe that their truth is being suppressed? 

I'd think that would paint the group as the "good guys" being oppressed by... well, some sort of conspiracy against people who denounce the present day medical community, who threaten people into silence, revoke licenses from doctors who discover a cure for something or other (certainly not because their "cure" repeatedly fails patient trials or they provide poor treatment to patients over a long period), oh and the occasional implied murder, apparently. That sounds like a conspiracy to me.

And we all know how much random internet people love to "expose" and spread the "truth" about all sorts of conspiracies, especially if its emotionally charged one.

I liked the 8th result, though! http://skepdic.com/gersontherapy.html

Honestly, you can just read that page instead of the rest of my post. It's much better written.

3. My "own advice"... "follow the money"... What new bleak truth am I going to find, mister internet troll?

My own advice currently points to the massive cancer society that currently siphon inordinate amounts of money from people with a dying family member, whilst the family member continues to die, and does die unfortunately.

I wanted to see if I could steer some of that skepticism of yours back towards these alternative treatments.

I wanted to make you think about how there are terrible people who will trick you out of your money by promising you something you're desperate for, and not all of them work for Big Pharma. 

One of their favorite tools is convincing you that they know something you don't, something "the industry", "the government", or various other "They"s want to suppress, because it would hurt their bottom line. I'm sure you've seen dozens of "local mom discovers one weird trick to lose weight/look younger/etc" ads on the internet. I hear doctors HATE her.

Sometimes they target something relatively harmless, like acne, weight, bodybuilding.

Sometimes they target something serious like cancer.

People have died putting their lives in the hands of these quacks who promise them an effective treatment for a serious illness that The Industry is trying to keep secret, because it would supposedly ruin their profits in actual science-based medical treatment. Like Steve Jobs. Might still be with us, keeping Apple on the right track, if he wasn't snared by some "alternative treatments".

I have personally experienced something very similar to what you described, a group siphoning inordinate amounts of money from a dying family member, who eventually passed in their sleep. Wasn't the hospital, though, they said there was nothing more they could do. I'll give you a hint: it involved lots of expensive "natural" nutrition supplements.

I'm pretty sure you yourself didn't even care about "leukemia" awareness, alternate possible solutions to the disease, or even know about it until it was put into your inbox by DE.

I know leukemia. I know that I've lost family to it, and variations of it. I am happy to know that there are alternate possible solutions showing increasing promise and success, like T-Cell gene therapy. You may have heard the news recently of the FDA approving the treatment for use in young patients with acute leukemia. 83% remission rates in a trial of 63 patients. It works kind of like all those natural cures claim to, strengthening the patients own immune system and enabling it to fight the cancer.

Except, you know, there's some science involved, clinical trials showed measurable results, and thus the FDA saw merit in it.

Sure wish that treatment was available years ago, but don't we all? Except the alternative therapy people, maybe. Hurts their bottom line. Or was that Big Pharma?

The sole point I was trying to make is there is probably a better solution than donating money to a chain of "organizations" which have no interest in finding cures for these terminal illnesses. But hey what do I know?

My mistake then, I thought you were promoting a disproved and potentially harmful alternative treatment, as it is what you based your first post on, implying any criticisms of it found on, say, wikipedia, were untrue.

I kind of have a chip on my shoulder about alternative treatments, in case it wasn't obvious. Just thought I'd be clear on that. Don't want another miscommunication.

please type out a 3 paragraph long response to this post, I hope you do, Because I will not be reading it.

Oh I aim to please. Felt like being an overachiever, in fact.

Have a wonderful day, and I hope you continue to have fun on Warframe.

Thanks, you too.

Kind of feels nice getting this off my chest. Maybe my words are wasted, but maybe, just maybe, I'll steer someone else toward some healthy skepticism of "alternative" treatments.

Edited by MrShooter

I and those whose lives have been touched by cancer in some way really do appreciate this DE. I have lost one of my grandmothers and unless something changes I am about to lose an uncle as well to cancer. I also know several more family members who have been diagnosed with cancer and so far have beat it (This includes my own father). This is a disease that really hate because it is working on devastating my family and people I love very much. Keep up the good work.

On 8/30/2017 at 6:49 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Помогите нам поддержать тех, с Лейкемией.

В сентябре этого года мы вводим элемент в сообщество Варфрейм, который рассказывает историю.

Носки оранжевые ленточки, обозначающие осведомленности лейкоз месяц - будет предоставлена всем игрокам, с возможностью обустроить его и показать поддержку в игре.

Почему?

Рак-страшное заболевание - даже больше-поэтому, когда нет поддержки для тех, кто страдает. В цифровых крайностей мы стремимся обучения все, о чем мы можем помогать тем, с Лейкемией, как это рак, который ударил очень близко к дому.

В этом месяце мы просим Вас показать вашу поддержку и распространение информации о помощи организациям поддержки лиц, больных Лейкемией. Ношение этой ленты будет делать именно это.
Если вы в состоянии, мы также настройка-де-команде за свет ночью ходить по 14 октября в нашем родном городе Лондон, Онтарио. Как компания, мы подбираем любые пожертвования, сделанные в нашей команде.

Тенно, мы просим Вас рассмотреть вопрос о поддержке одного из наших, однако вы можете. Вашему гармонии ленты ждет сентябрь месяц в игре и будут удалены, когда сентябрь заканчивается. Все, что вам нужно сделать, это войти в начиная с 1-го сентября в 11.м эт.

Наша команда:
https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?langPref=en-CA&TSID=789140

Для дальнейшего чтения:

Спасибо, Тенно!

:conclave:я тоже поддерживаю друзей тэнно кто выздравлению людей от рака

On 8/30/2017 at 1:49 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Help us support those with Leukemia.

This September we're introducing an item to the Warframe community that tells a story.

A wearable orange ribbon - signifying Leukemia awareness month - will be given to all players with the option to equip it and show support in game.

Why?

Cancer is a devastating disease - even more-so when support is unavailable to those suffering. At Digital Extremes we've committed to learning everything we can about helping those with Leukemia as it is a cancer that has hit very close to home.

This month we're asking you to show your support and spread awareness about helping organizations support those with Leukemia. Wearing this ribbon will do just that.
If you're able, we're also setting up a DE team for the Light The Night Walk on October 14 in our hometown of London Ontario. As a company we are matching any donations made to our team.

Tenno, we ask you to consider supporting one of our own however you can. Your Harmony Ribbon is waiting for the month of September in-game and will be removed when September ends. All you have to do is log in starting September 1st at 11 a.m ET.

Our team:

Further Reading:

Thank you, Tenno!

thanks space mom

can i come to the walk? im in Ottawa