Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

September: A month of solidarity.

[DE]Rebecca

Having lost multiple family members to cancer, I am very appreciative of this whole initiative. It's beautiful in a very bittersweet way to see the community come together like this. 

All prayers and well-wishes for everyone affected or touched by untreatable illnesses. Here is a Captura piece of my most sentimental frame and kubrow, standing in solidarity with you all.

SIQZUoW.jpg

On 8/30/2017 at 1:49 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Help us support those with Leukemia.

This September we're introducing an item to the Warframe community that tells a story.

A wearable orange ribbon - signifying Leukemia awareness month - will be given to all players with the option to equip it and show support in game.

Why?

Cancer is a devastating disease - even more-so when support is unavailable to those suffering. At Digital Extremes we've committed to learning everything we can about helping those with Leukemia as it is a cancer that has hit very close to home.

This month we're asking you to show your support and spread awareness about helping organizations support those with Leukemia. Wearing this ribbon will do just that.
If you're able, we're also setting up a DE team for the Light The Night Walk on October 14 in our hometown of London Ontario. As a company we are matching any donations made to our team.

Tenno, we ask you to consider supporting one of our own however you can. Your Harmony Ribbon is waiting for the month of September in-game and will be removed when September ends. All you have to do is log in starting September 1st at 11 a.m ET.

Our team:
https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?langPref=en-CA&TSID=789140

Further Reading:
http://www.llscanada.org/leukemia

Thank you, Tenno!

EDIT: Due to the overwhelming support of this campaign we are leaving the Harmony Ribbons in-game forever! Every September, new players can login and claim their ribbon to support the cause. We are truly humbled and grateful, Tenno!

I would love to see similar things in the future. Great job, Devs!

Wore this on my frame as soon as I read about it. It has been 17 years since my mother died of cancer. A lot of people said that time would dull the pain eventually but it never really did. As it is a sore subject for me, I purposefully didn't read the comments section as I know it would relive memories. I know that I'm not the only one out there who bears the pain of losing someone, so out of respect to them, I read some posts and I thank all of those who shared. Thank you DE also for making these ribbons permanent in-game for it means much to me now too. 

Edited by Kagemonshi
Sentence restructure

I think this is a great cause and kudos to DE for this. Now I'd like to show my support but can't find the ribbon. I'm on Xbox and have looked in my inventory  under attachments and Regali, But haven't found it. Do I need to go to the market to get it? I tried looking in there but couldn't find it. Sorry if this is me just missing the obvious, but danged if I can figure out where it is. 

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)GryffsDeadCorps said:

I think this is a great cause and kudos to DE for this. Now I'd like to show my support but can't find the ribbon. I'm on Xbox and have looked in my inventory  under attachments and Regali, But haven't found it. Do I need to go to the market to get it? I tried looking in there but couldn't find it. Sorry if this is me just missing the obvious, but danged if I can figure out where it is. 

It is suppose to be under your Attachments / Chest Plate, the ribbon is in fact a Chest Plate

1 hour ago, Kagemonshi said:

Wore this on my frame as soon as I read about it. It has been 17 years since my mother died of cancer. A lot of people said that time would dull the pain eventually but it never really did. As it is a sore subject for me, I purposefully didn't read the comments section as I know it would relive memories, for I know that I'm not the only one out there who bears the pain of losing someone. Today I read some and I thank you for sharing. Thank you DE also for making these ribbons permanent in-game for it means much to me now too. 

Hold on there Tenno, you are not alone in this... We make room for our pain, we set a space for our sorrows, but each time we grow stronger or at least more functional... We never forget nor the pain goes ever dull, yet we survive so let's cherish our pains also since those remind us of the people we really love and who truly loved us... tons of love for you Tenno and for all the others out there fighting this disease and its effects...  :community::community::community: