Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

September: A month of solidarity.

[DE]Rebecca

16 minutes ago, xDirty_Birdx said:

I personally know and support you in this, my son in-law is 27 with pancreatic cancer and is going in next month for a transplant, he;s had and been one of the Lucky ones. this has given him Leukemia as a side effect of the cancer and drugs. they are doing a Bone Maro  transplant. he will live in a bubble basically for the next few months. and has been battling this since he was 22. I have lost several members of our to Cancerous diseases, over the last 10 years. don't want to lose him to.

They are over a million Dollars indebt to this disease.

Understand i don't post in the forums, and don't generally talk of these things. but do support what you are doing. I'm just a old Bird that wants these cured. And the costs brought down.

Yellow Eagle / Dirty Bird

Wishing you the best of luck, Im giving you all the power I can! :heart:

Yall have no idea what this means im going to get my head shaved today because September is childhood cancer awareness month and no one really recognizes it  . Thank you so very much my brother only made it to 16 fighting this beast. Yall actually made me cry when i logged in, but in a god way. Go Gold For September Everyone 

Hi all,

I'm a pretty new player (only started in earnest in May/June) and I must say I'm continuously blown away by your compassion for areas that you could easily not involve yourselves in as game developers.

I lost one of my childhood friends to Leukaemia back in early high school and while I have, over time, lost certain memories of him to the ravages of time I've always carried his last words to me in my heart, "Help anyone you can in whatever way you're able..." These beautiful, simple words from the mouth of a 14 year old have largely dictated how I treat those around me.

I will proudly wear the ribbon, donate cash as I am able and, thanks to another Tenno in this thread, look into how I can donate my marrow.

Thanks, DE. This is the perfect example of something a game developer doesn't have to do but does purely because they want to make the world a better place.

<3

On ‎2017‎年‎8‎月‎31‎日 at 11:43 PM, (Xbox One)BigPapaRazor said:

Love it!  Wish I was closer I would love to do the walk, but I will certainly send some donations your way.

On ‎2017‎年‎8‎月‎31‎日 at 11:19 PM, OkniolasPrime said:

And this is why DE is one of the best developers out there, keep doing what you're doing! ^^

On ‎2017‎年‎8‎月‎31‎日 at 1:49 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Help us support those with Leukemia.

This September we're introducing an item to the Warframe community that tells a story.

A wearable orange ribbon - signifying Leukemia awareness month - will be given to all players with the option to equip it and show support in game.

Why?

Cancer is a devastating disease - even more-so when support is unavailable to those suffering. At Digital Extremes we've committed to learning everything we can about helping those with Leukemia as it is a cancer that has hit very close to home.

This month we're asking you to show your support and spread awareness about helping organizations support those with Leukemia. Wearing this ribbon will do just that.
If you're able, we're also setting up a DE team for the Light The Night Walk on October 14 in our hometown of London Ontario. As a company we are matching any donations made to our team.

Tenno, we ask you to consider supporting one of our own however you can. Your Harmony Ribbon is waiting for the month of September in-game and will be removed when September ends. All you have to do is log in starting September 1st at 11 a.m ET.

Our team:
https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?langPref=en-CA&TSID=789140

Further Reading:
http://www.llscanada.org/leukemia

Thank you, Tenno!

It is amazing to see a game developer spread awarenewss about such a horrible disease. I was diagnosed with leukaemia when I was only 10 and it is through some miracle that I survived. Not everyone suffering from leukeamia were as lucky as I was, I can only hope that with donations form not only warframe, but from around the world we will one day find a cure and no person shall ever have to suffer from this disease ever again.

On 8/30/2017 at 0:49 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you're able, we're also setting up a DE team for the Light The Night Walk on October 14 in our hometown of London Ontario. As a company we are matching any donations made to our team.

Our team:
https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?langPref=en-CA&TSID=789140

What is the most effective way for us to donate to your team?

On this page I see an option to join the team itself, but no option to donate money to the team directly. I am not sure if joining is what I need to do, as I am not able to physically attend the walk.

The website does give me the option to donate directly to members of the team, is this what I should do?

@[DE]Rebecca

I think sometimes the wider community (in general not just this one) forgets that every single little thing can make a difference. What seems like just a little ribbon can also enlighten someone with new knowledge, honour a memory or point others in the right direction for research support. :clap:

A smile can make the difference between a dark day and a bright one. A gesture that seemingly means nothing to anyone else, can mean the world to someone in the middle of a battle that is more often than not, kept private. I've found solace on my green days (diff form) for the last 2 years just by logging in and running a few missions. On the worst days I just sit painting things (terribly it seems, turns out I suck at fashion :thumbup:)

It's things like this that lift DE above the pack. Humanity. Thank you, DE, Keep doing what you're doing.

Had to add a pic of my Mrs and I with our ribbons on :D

X2DkNLG.jpg

Edited by Zanchak
Pics
  • Like 1

My brother passed away from non-hodgkin's lymphoma and I know how devastating cancer of any kind can be. He loved playing warframe and passed before he got the chance to use Rhino Prime which he worked so hard to get and so I will wear the ribbon and since I cannot get rhino prime anymore I will run a regular rhino instead in his honor. Best wishes to the walk and you have my support.