Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

September: A month of solidarity.

[DE]Rebecca

Many of us including me would love to keep this ribbon so we can share it forever on our frames and it makes me sad your making the ribbon disappear :(   I like many others support this and the cause though sadly some of us can not help with money the ribbon lets us help in another way that gives us a way to help and to show support year round if the ribbon stayed, For many we have lost people or know people that know people within the game and the outside world over the years that have lost some one to leukemia or some other deadly disease or cancer. Again we all would love to keep this ribbon and thank you for being one the greatest game dev teams around 

• Like 1

This is something I deeply respect and appreciate DE for, going the lengths to aid and assist groups that need help and support for a good cause. I've personally lost many relatives to cancer and can understand the pain and suffering the victims and their families go through. My heart goes out to them and the survivors, may anyone affected have speedy and complete recovery.

• Like 1

My Papa passed away from Lung Cancer in the year of 2000. He served the US military very well and he didn't go un-noticed. wether its lung cancer, Leukemia, or Breast, or any at all, I am in full support of this ribbon! Love how DE is being supportive of not only the gamers but the ones IRL around us. keep up the good work warframe makers!

On 30/8/2017 at 8:49 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Help us support those with Leukemia.

This September we're introducing an item to the Warframe community that tells a story.

A wearable orange ribbon - signifying Leukemia awareness month - will be given to all players with the option to equip it and show support in game.

Why?

Cancer is a devastating disease - even more-so when support is unavailable to those suffering. At Digital Extremes we've committed to learning everything we can about helping those with Leukemia as it is a cancer that has hit very close to home.

This month we're asking you to show your support and spread awareness about helping organizations support those with Leukemia. Wearing this ribbon will do just that.
If you're able, we're also setting up a DE team for the Light The Night Walk on October 14 in our hometown of London Ontario. As a company we are matching any donations made to our team.

Tenno, we ask you to consider supporting one of our own however you can. Your Harmony Ribbon is waiting for the month of September in-game and will be removed when September ends. All you have to do is log in starting September 1st at 11 a.m ET.

Our team:
https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?langPref=en-CA&TSID=789140

Further Reading:
http://www.llscanada.org/leukemia

Thank you, Tenno!

My uncle died of leukeumia a few years ago. In a matter of less than a week, he went from an upbeat, fun-loving man, the soul of any party, to a comatose withering, barely breathing corpse -until my aunt finally let him go. On behalf of my family, and likely anyone who has lost a family member to leukeumia, thank you.

There is a serious illness that doesnt get much attention but recently someone on national TV brought it some. So I will put myself out there a little because I have this disease so I will share a little of my personal life..

It is a disease called Gastro paresis. It is a disease for whatever reason your muscles that control your stomach to process food stop working and food does not process. It can cause you to become physically ill and not be able to eat at all. You waste away by virtually starving.  There are very few medications that help this illness and the only one known to work causes severe movement disorders / seizures. Some treatments include the removal of most or all of your stomach .

So people have feed tubes put in which are at high risk of cancer and infections within the first 2 years even of getting this done. Those who have some portion of a stomach left and dont have the feeding tube are forced on to anti nausea medications like myself and those most often fail to work.  I found a doctor who was generous and open minded enough to try a form of medicinal marijuana - in pill form for me to take 30 mins before I eat. However with 1/4 th of a stomach I have to eat mutliple small meals throughout the day to get the proper nutrients  and event then I still dont get what I need. SO I have to take multiple vitamin suppliments which my body has issues absorbing..

Anyway I believe September is also International Gastro-Paresis Awareness Month.  I just figured I would put it out there .. It doesnt get the attention it deserves it is deadly and it literally tortures the people who have it. IT is painful and the emotional damage is enormous as well. 

you know ,if you're going to have the ribbon ,for cancer awareness ,and have it for the month of september, cancer doesnt recognize a month of awareness ,if you're going to have the ribbon for awarness of cancer then keep it in the game ,dont take it out when the month is over,let us tenno have the ribbon,for ones in our own families who have cancer

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer last september and my stepmom has been battling lekumia since I was about 13 and is in remission. I look up to both women even now that im 26, as being strong and capable of handling anything thrown at them. I will gladly wear this ribbon to support my stepmom and will wear a pink one to support my mom if it comes out.

Please, please, please let us keep this ribbon!!!