Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

September: A month of solidarity.

[DE]Rebecca

I'm pretty close to tears. I noticed another player wearing an orange ribbon. I assumed it had to do with the flooding in Texas and was excited to show my support. But it turns out it was for leukemia. The cancer I've been fighting for 3 and a half years. I finish treatment on September 25 and I've just receaved my last treatment from my port yesterday. There are no words to describe how amazing it feels to see support like this from one of my favorite games. Thank you. Really, thank you for this. I will be praying for whatever member of the team that may be going through this.

1 minute ago, TheCoIorRed said:

I'm pretty close to tears. I noticed another player wearing an orange ribbon. I assumed it had to do with the flooding in Texas and was excited to show my support. But it turns out it was for leukemia. The cancer I've been fighting for 3 and a half years. I finish treatment on September 25 and I've just receaved my last treatment from my port yesterday. There are no words to describe how amazing it feels to see support like this from one of my favorite games. Thank you. Really, thank you for this. I will be praying for whatever member of the team that may be going through this.

maybe some of us could live stream a team tougher wearing the ribbon and bring this to light?

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Help us support those with Leukemia.

This September we're introducing an item to the Warframe community that tells a story.

A wearable orange ribbon - signifying Leukemia awareness month - will be given to all players with the option to equip it and show support in game.

Why?

Cancer is a devastating disease - even more-so when support is unavailable to those suffering. At Digital Extremes we've committed to learning everything we can about helping those with Leukemia as it is a cancer that has hit very close to home.

This month we're asking you to show your support and spread awareness about helping organizations support those with Leukemia. Wearing this ribbon will do just that.
If you're able, we're also setting up a DE team for the Light The Night Walk on October 14 in our hometown of London Ontario. As a company we are matching any donations made to our team.

Tenno, we ask you to consider supporting one of our own however you can. Your Harmony Ribbon is waiting for the month of September in-game and will be removed when September ends. All you have to do is log in starting September 1st at 11 a.m ET.

Our team:
https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?langPref=en-CA&TSID=789140

Further Reading:
http://www.llscanada.org/leukemia

Thank you, Tenno!

This is truly awesome! Being a cancer survivor myself, I can't tell you just how helpful it is to spread awareness of all forms of cancer. It helps to fund organizations like the American Cancer Society and the brain tumor foundation so that they can continue their research for finding a cure, and especially for assisting those who are already going through the ravages of this terrible disease. Thank you developers and other Warframe personnel!

This is truly awesome! Being a cancer survivor myself, I can't tell you just how helpful it is to spread awareness of all forms of cancer. It helps to fund organizations like the American Cancer Society and the brain tumor foundation so that they can continue their research for finding a cure, and especially for assisting those who are already going through the ravages of this terrible disease. Thank you developers and other Warframe personnel!

• Like 1

I've dealt a lot with cancer in the family. Nobody with leukemia, but I know too many people who've had to suffer through cancer, and are still suffering. I really hope you guys decide not to remove the ribbon at the end of the month, because I'll seriously put it on all of my frames and never take it off.

1 hour ago, The_soldier_of_no_Sorrow said:

a. Who has the most money to loose from the practice being proven to work? (The organizations that exist because of the disease, why would they want to prove that it works? for your perspective the cost for treatment for one persons cancer is tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars, multiplied by every one who has cancer on the planet and is in treatment for it. That's quite a lot of Grofit if I do say so myself...)

Who has money to gain from convincing the vulnerable and desperate to buy tools, books, and supplements for these "natural" remedies? 

Who is gaining by telling you they are the only ones you can trust, that the rest of the world is a conspiracy against you? That you should turn away from doctors and professionals, who are all in on it?

Who is gaining by telling you to "do your own research", yet immediately warn you away from "untrustworthy" government and medical journals, giving you a bias before you even begin, gently guiding you towards fringe sources to discover their "hidden truth"?

Who is gaining by telling you they have something the conspiracy doesn't want you to have or know about, and that you should outwit the conspiracy by buying that thing?

Follow your own advice; follow the money. You just may find a new bleak truth, if you have the strength to face it.

Am I the only person in existence that's insanely confused by this promotion?

-You say this ribbon comes with a story, but you don't give us one. You explicitly say this impacts your studio in some way, "hits very close to home," but you don't say anything more.
-You want us to know you're doing a real life cancer walk and matching donations for people who donate to the event team.... After you've taken away the ribbon, in game.
-You want us to go donate to your team.... when you could donate portions of plat sales for the month of September(the awareness month) on top of any donations to your team walk(which, again, takes place after september).

I'm all for good causes, i'm just honestly confused about the execution of this.

On 8/30/2017 at 10:49 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Your Harmony Ribbon is waiting for the month of September in-game and will be removed when September ends.

then WHY even give us this? i know ppl will get salty at me but LET US KEEP IT... its so annoying to give players items then just take them away...

Why not LET us buy them and keep them AND THE MONEY can go TO helping fight cancer...

1 hour ago, Kuni_92 said:

I have it since the first moment i got it and I will keep it like...forever. Keep Going like this!

vor53k.jpg

1 hour ago, kontradictions said:

Always willing to participate in something for a good cause.

7fPcmic.jpg

We Shall Support A Good Cause Also.

warframe_09_01_2017___20_35_12_04_by_rag