Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Unleashed!

(XBOX)EntrTheLight

ZEPHYR UNLEASHED

Zephyr has been one of my favorite warframes, however I do feel like she needs an update.  I have a possibility of what she could be in my view.

PASSIVE:  ----NO CHANGE----

STATS:
Shields increased from 150/450 to 180/480
Energy increased from 100 to 150
All other stats will be same as current

ABILITY ONE: TAILBOMB

Tailbomb will be basically Zephyrs Tail Wind and Divebomb merged together. Tap the button once will do a tailwind which will send you into the air where you can either hang glide or aim down to divebomb to the ground.  This divebomb will deal status procs of which is determined by energy color.  Still effected by Power Duration.

ABILITY TWO: FOG

Zephyr creates an area of dense fog that will make Zephyr harder to detect by enemies.  If in the air during the duration of the fog, Zephyr will seem invisible to all enemies.  This will be a duration based ability.  Power Strength will determine the density of the fog and visibility.  Power Range will determine how big the fog area will be.  Also, stealth kills while in the fog will grant extra experience.

-----AUGMENT-----

Allies who walk through this fog will also have the same benefits as Zephyr.  (Optional add-on: The fog will also clear status effects and negate energy draining enemies (levels effected by power strength).

ABILITY THREE: TURBULENCE

Only change to this ability will be its’ base range.  I think the range of it currently isn’t as large as I like.  Plus, when activated with augment, the abilities will last until the timer expires, regardless of how close allies are to Zephyr.

ABILITY FOUR: WIND SCYTHE

This ability will be similar to Excalibur’s Exalted Blade.  Zephyr will form a Wind Scythe.  This wind scythe will have its’ own combos, and will also include channeling features.  It will have regular combos and Channeling combos, of which can be very powerful.  While channeling without combos, you will send bursts of air towards the direction you are aiming… very similar to Exalted Blade, only in more of a cone shape.  With combos, you could cause a shockwave of air that will knock enemies over (like an AOE type of ability), surge forward knocking all the enemies in your way down, and even form mini-tornadoes that will shred through enemy forces, killing and disarming most enemies.   This would obviously be a toggled energy drain ability, and it would be effected by channeling mods on your melee weapon.  Power Efficiency will determine the energy drain. Power Duration will determine how long your surge combo will send you and how long these mini-tornadoes last upon being summoned.  Power Strength will determine how much damage this ability will do… also noting that it can be scaled up depending on channeling mods on your melee weapon.

------AUGMENT-----

Enemies killed while Zephyr is channeling will drop double resources and have an increased rare resource drop chance.  Channeling costs will slightly be increased.

I think this pretty much wraps up this topic here.  I hope this brings some excitement for Zephyr as she really needs some love!  I would love to hear your thoughts about Zephyr and my idea and let's hope that a good change is coming for Zephyr!

Edited by (XB1)SAOxSonicKirito

Honestly, I always thought her 1 and 2 should be removed, and readded as follows:

Her 1st being active in-air by Tapping and Holding the Parkour Button (LB on Console, not sure what it is on PC) and her 2nd activating in place of her Ground Slam. 

Gives her room for a brand new 1 and 2, while keeping her two prior, bird themed abilities.

That's just the simplified version of the explanation.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

16 minutes ago, Archistopheles said:

I mean, if you're going to copy another frame, I think Titania would make more sense. Have Zephyr fly around like she's meant to.

True.  But Excalibur can't summon tornadoes or shockwaves of air.  I did have an idea in the recent past that would have Zephyr summon a cloud of which she could ride around on, but then you'd say I'm copying from Dragonball... which is where I got the idea  (flying nimbus).  I think this would be different simply because of Channeling combo's.  In the past Channeling usually gave just a power up, but Zephyr will be different and can channel to use her abilities.  Either way, this wouldn't be the first time a warframe copied another warframe.  Ivara stole and improved Loki's invisiblity and Excalibur's ultimate only with a bow instead of a sword.  But yes, titania's fairy mode is awesome, I will say that.  I always thought Inaros' tornado would suit Zephyr better than Inaros...as that's how I pictured Zephyrs Tornado at one point.  An ability like titania's ultimate could also be nice for Zephyr.

Also, at one point, I thought of making Zephyrs' Tailwind into her Passive as a bullet jump ability and then melee slamming to activate divebomb.  Which, I wouldn't object this idea either.  This way we can remove the first and second abilities for new abilities... of which could be that flying cloud idea.

Edited by (XB1)SAOxSonicKirito
added a comment

44 minutes ago, (Xbox One)SAOxSonicKirito said:

STATS:
Shields increased from 150/450 to 180/480
Energy increased from 100 to 150
All other stats will be same as current

No... Zephyr can reach 1440 Health and Shield with maxed out Vitality, Redirection and Primed Vigor. She needs no Status buff other than maybe energy.

ABILITY ONE: TAILBOMB

Tailbomb will be basically Zephyrs Tail Wind and Divebomb merged together. Tap the button once will do a tailwind which will send you into the air where you can either hang glide or aim down to divebomb to the ground.  This divebomb will deal status procs of which is determined by energy color.  Still effected by Power Duration.

No... Zephyr's Tailwind still is useful for mobility, your idea makes the skill almost useless as it would be limited to vertical use only and personally i dont want to have to change my energy color to add elemental damage to a skill which probably will still not be reliable for damage. Tho i am in favor of merging them so aiming down and using Tailwind triggers Divebomb instead of simply flying down.

ABILITY TWO: FOG

Zephyr creates an area of dense fog that will make Zephyr harder to detect by enemies.  If in the air during the duration of the fog, Zephyr will seem invisible to all enemies.  This will be a duration based ability.  Power Strength will determine the density of the fog and visibility.  Power Range will determine how big the fog area will be.  Also, stealth kills while in the fog will grant extra experience.

No... We already have enough Warframes with Stealth capability and Zephyr is a Mobility/Support frame. I would rather have some skill for battlefield control added, something that hindered enemies from moving through certain are and pushed them back.

ABILITY THREE: TURBULENCE

Only change to this ability will be its’ base range.  I think the range of it currently isn’t as large as I like.  Plus, when activated with augment, the abilities will last until the timer expires, regardless of how close allies are to Zephyr.

No...

Turbulence has a fairly good range already, it does what its ment with ease which is pushing projectiles away. If you want more range, build her with range instead of duration.

ABILITY FOUR: WIND SCYTHE

This ability will be similar to Excalibur’s Exalted Blade.  Zephyr will form a Wind Scythe.  This wind scythe will have its’ own combos, and will also include channeling features.  It will have regular combos and Channeling combos, of which can be very powerful.  While channeling without combos, you will send bursts of air towards the direction you are aiming… very similar to Exalted Blade, only in more of a cone shape.  With combos, you could cause a shockwave of air that will knock enemies over (like an AOE type of ability), surge forward knocking all the enemies in your way down, and even form mini-tornadoes that will shred through enemy forces, killing and disarming most enemies.   This would obviously be a toggled energy drain ability, and it would be effected by channeling mods on your melee weapon.  Power Efficiency will determine the energy drain. Power Duration will determine how long your surge combo will send you and how long these mini-tornadoes last upon being summoned.  Power Strength will determine how much damage this ability will do… also noting that it can be scaled up depending on channeling mods on your melee weapon.

HELL NO! Again, Zephyr is not a Damage focused frame. Giving her an exalted weapon will change her purpose and gameplay drastically.

I would rather keep Hurricane as it is instead of giving her an Exalted weapon but if a change is needed, instead of many small tornados , one single large one that constantly applies impact procs (Stagger/Knockbacks) to enemies and throws up those who get too close to the center would be better.

In case it matters...

Spoiler

2D4dgQe.jpg

Edited by BiancaRoughfin