Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need options that Deluxe model use for tennogen skins

Vlada91

7 hours ago, Adarrack said:

The clay you start with doesn't matter, it is what the artist decides to do that matters. We don't need deluxe skins' models to make a good model ourselves, just look at some of the tennogen deluxe skins already out.

thats true, but the deluxe also have a variance in structure also, could be nice 

7 hours ago, Adarrack said:

The clay you start with doesn't matter, it is what the artist decides to do that matters. We don't need deluxe skins' models to make a good model ourselves, just look at some of the tennogen deluxe skins already out.

You're wrong.

Since tennogen skins only allow retexturing (but seems like remodeling because of the "normal map" emulate some false relief), you have to closely follow the shape of the base model, meaning you can't do whatever your want, especially for warframe that have specific additional parts. For example, Saryn will always keep her scarf, Mirage her armors pieces and Banshee her boat feets. If you look closely, all tennogen skins keep the same "silouhette" as the base frame.

Allowing using deluxe body as base model would allow more freedom considering you could choose the base shapes that correspond the most to what you want to do.
I the case of Banshee, I'm pretty sure she would gets ton of skins if we wasn't limited to the base models with those boat feet. It's same for a lot of frames that dont get skin because their base shapes are weird and hard to work with but most of them dont have deluxe skins (Inaros, Nidus, Nezha).

6 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

thats a warframe designed by the entire warframe team, and farmable. however deluxe skins are not. they are exclusive skins for those frames

And any Tennogen skins that could change the body mesh would also be exclusive skins for those frames...

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Kliuqard said:

Deluxe Skins should stay exclusive as it is. It wouldn't really feel Deluxe if it was added.

Because its just the shape like from normal look difference is that tennogen artist can change everything else...

On 01/09/2017 at 3:04 AM, Vlada91 said:

Frame that have deluxe in game,to have add models in tennogen and that artist can create new cool looking skins from that deluxe body shape.....

While this is a really fun idea, it is very complicated technically. Our Deluxe Skin modellers work closely with the rest of the team to ensure that the new model doesn't clip with weapons, animations, Syandanas, armour and more. TennoGen artists do not have that luxury, so implementing a player-made model would require far more work than those produced in-house. This is why players can't create armor or other attachments as well - there are simply a plethora of factors that need to be taken into consideration when creating the final product. 

1 minute ago, [DE]Taylor said:

While this is a really fun idea, it is very complicated technically. Our Deluxe Skin modellers work closely with the rest of the team to ensure that the new model doesn't clip with weapons, animations, Syandanas, armour and more. TennoGen artists do not have that luxury, so implementing a player-made model would require far more work than those produced in-house. This is why players can't create armor or other attachments as well - there are simply a plethora of factors that need to be taken into consideration when creating the final product. 

just spit balling ideas here but maybe have it as a luxury for only specific tennogen creators that have proven themselves time and time again to be able to make exceptional content, for those few provide a means of communication between them and the team at DE for them to be able to make a handful of model swap skins and attachments?

17 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

All of that is understandable. Now, I have another question. I have an idea of what the answer will be, but I'll ask anyway: Would there be an issue with Tennogen artists maybe being able to make alt textures for deluxe skins and cosmetic pieces (armor, syandanas, and sugatras)?

On 9/7/2017 at 8:28 PM, Novatico said:

I don't think you quite got his point :/

Yeah, I don't think he got my point. My point was that Tennogen skins are warframe exclusive just like Deluxe skins, so frame exclusivity doesn't matter.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

4 hours ago, Melos-mevim said:

just spit balling ideas here but maybe have it as a luxury for only specific tennogen creators that have proven themselves time and time again to be able to make exceptional content, for those few provide a means of communication between them and the team at DE for them to be able to make a handful of model swap skins and attachments?

Yea but I whose thinking in already created deluxe model,for example you have 10 deluxe and all 10 you can have 2 change texture like in a normal frame models. You like body shape for nova deluxe but you dont like wood looking texture on her and some tennogen artist just take the deluxe shape and add some new texture,same like in a normal frame body when they try to change. I hope now you see my point and sorry for my weary bad English. And dont get me wrong I dont like Nova and I dont try anything stupid,it's just this can't be amazing in a future to have 😊👍🍻

8 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

If I understood well, the idea of this topic is not to allow Tennogen artists to create their own model, but to let them create their skins over the existing deluxe models.
For example, when creating a Banshee skin, you have the choice between create a Banshee Tennogen skin, by applying textures over the regular body or creating a Banshee Soprana Tennogen skin by applying textures over the Soprana body.

While player made body would be huge work for both Tennogen and DE artists, I think Tennogen skin over deluxe body would be totally manageable.

10 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Yea but I whose thinking in already created deluxe model,for example you have 10 deluxe and all 10 you can have 2 change texture like in a normal frame models. You like body shape for nova deluxe but you dont like wood looking texture on her and some tennogen artist just take the deluxe shape and add some new texture,same like in a normal frame body when they try to change. I hope now you see my point and sorry for my weary bad English. And dont get me wrong I dont like Nova and I dont try anything stupid,it's just this can't be amazing in a future to have 😊👍🍻

I think my statement would still work for this let a select few "elite" tennogen creators would have access to working with alternative models than the base one

Edited by Melos-mevim

7 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

If I understood well, the idea of this topic is not to allow Tennogen artists to create their own model, but to let them create their skins over the existing deluxe models.
For example, when creating a Banshee skin, you have the choice between create a Banshee Tennogen skin, by applying textures over the regular body or creating a Banshee Soprana Tennogen skin by applying textures over the Soprana body.

While player made body would be huge work for both Tennogen and DE artists, I think Tennogen skin over deluxe body would be totally manageable.

^ This, this needs to happen.

To be fair if DE allowed people to remove certain minor parts (Saryn's neck scarf thing and Mirage leg armour) it'd be so much simpler for creators. or at the very least make those parts invisible so they aren't visible, I've seen people remove those parts before and honestly like them better that way.

On 9/6/2017 at 11:00 PM, lukinu_u said:

I the case of Banshee, I'm pretty sure she would gets ton of skins if we wasn't limited to the base models with those boat feet.

She'll definitely get one from me...

It's not going to happen anytime soon though cause Deluxe skins are behind a paywall so all the sales directly impact DE earnings, meanwhile base models and prime ones are obtainable ingame so it's an optional item if you want to buy it. If you allow us tennogen artists to use deluxe skin body they will have to share the earnings with us while cutting in half (or less) their own delux skin sales. Pretty dumb choice if you ask me ^^"

1 hour ago, HitsuSan said:

It's not going to happen anytime soon though cause Deluxe skins are behind a paywall so all the sales directly impact DE earnings, meanwhile base models and prime ones are obtainable ingame so it's an optional item if you want to buy it. If you allow us tennogen artists to use deluxe skin body they will have to share the earnings with us while cutting in half (or less) their own delux skin sales. Pretty dumb choice if you ask me ^^"

Yep, that a problem but I had an idea in mine to solve this but didn't explained.
This is quite simple, any Tennogen skin from Deluxe body will need the player to own the said Deluxe skin in order to use/buy them.

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

Yep, that a problem but I had an idea in mine to solve this but didn't explained.
This is quite simple, any Tennogen skin from Deluxe body will need the player to own the said Deluxe skin in order to use/buy them.

That will put the deluxe tennogen skin at a much higher price than the normal ones, the problem is they're all normal ones from our perspective and by our amount of work. Do you know what i mean?

Being forced to buy one cosmetic in order to buy another cosmetic item it's not good value. Maybe lots of players will be ok with it but it will create a lot of confusion for the vast majority of them, not to mention that will potentially put DE in a position of being accused to screw over the players from lots of people that will just assume you can buy the tennogen (deluxe body) skin and use it right away like any other tennogen skin before.  

Not the best choice : \