Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank you DE (related to the current news)

calranthe

After reading the news about the Ribbon I felt I needed to come here and let people know what Rebecca and the team did for my wife 4 years ago.

My wife has cancer (Acute lymphoblastic Leukaemia Philadelphia positive), it is incurable but the treatment she is on keeps it at bay, the biggest problem is that treatment causes life threatening side effects that in the end will end her life, we are coming up to 20 years of fighting this.

Three years ago we were at a low point in life, side effects were getting worse and things were pretty grim, My wife was stuck at home as was I (i retired to become her primary carer) our main outlet for entertainment was Warframe, we could loose ourselves in Survival and Defence missions, modding weapons, taking on every challenge.

I wrote a letter to DE thanking them for providing some relief a haven of fun a distraction from the cards we had been delt in real life, Rebecca got back to us and sent us a small care package for my wife, a letter signed by the team and a Warframe T-shirt it may not sound much but it meant a lot 

It made my wife smile and the most amazing thing is, DE could have told the community about this, they could have earned points, the fact is we have been offered things before by companies but they always wanted to publish it, to turn it into a PR goal to make money or kudos from it "look at us we are helping this person".

We still both play Warframe and Paola still wears that T-shirt :)

Thank you to the team, Warframe and DE will always be special to us.

Oops realised after checking my old messages it was October 2013! coming up to 4 years ago.

Edited by calranthe
date.

Thank you, from talking to other people in the same or close to the same situation you just do it, people say "oh I couldn't do that" or "you are amazing" but it isn't about that it is very simple it comes down to love, it does not matter who you are, how strong you are or how weak you think you are, it does not matter confidence or ego, its that simple moment when that person who means the world to you be it your mum, your sister, your partner or child, you just step up and deal with it because no one else can, you realise what matters more than anything else and take there hand and walk the path laid out for you.

Paola was 21 I was 26, biggest thing that I had to deal with before then was renting a house and taking college exams.