Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon Ideas

CaptainSleepy

Several ideas.

1. Fist drill. It's like a slower furax, that hits multiple people in front of you. Rather than bifurcation upon charge attacking, enemies will have holes poked into them or sides carved out of them. Charge pops the drill out and throws it a ways plowing through a few enemies, and to continue using it you have to pick the drill up.

2. Spear. Normals have great reach but are single target unless you line enemies up. Charge is a sort of windmill attack with short range that hits in all directions.

3. Flail. Normals build speed as you swing because of momentum. The momentum stacks up, and when you charge the stack adds bonus damage but gets used up.

4. Nun-chucks. Basically the flail but faster with lower damage.

5. Greatsword. Normal is a long, wide arc that is great for stunning. Charge is an overhead single target strike.

6. Mace. Middle damage but high stun on normals. Charge is a big swing that knocks enemies back.

7. Pile Bunker. Like the drill. Charge does massive damage in front of you, but causes attacks to do less damage for 10-15 seconds afterwards.

8. Gaunlets and boots (matching). Normals are a flurry of kicks and punches, all single target. Charge is a backflip kick. Aerial is a rider rick that combos right into normals. Slide is a handstand spinkick that again combos into normals.

9. GLAIVE.

+1

Though the only ones I would like to see are 4 and 7-9; I just can't picture a Tenno wielding a LONG weapon. The pile bunker would have to be big, though (LP2-esque). If polearms were done, it might be that they fold when on your back.

Two handed swords are always awesome. I would really enjoy seeing the glaive from Dark Sector, I'm pretty surprised it's not already in the game. Tapping melee would attack at close, while holding down melee could throw it, or something along those lines.

Two handed swords are always awesome. I would really enjoy seeing the glaive from Dark Sector, I'm pretty surprised it's not already in the game. Tapping melee would attack at close, while holding down melee could throw it, or something along those lines.

Throw a glaive? 0.o

*looks up Dark Sector*

Kinda neat but this is a real glaive.

Glaives_by_Wendelin_Boeheim.jpg

It's a polearm so complementary to the spears and stuff. There's also the asian variants like the guan dao or the naginata.

GuanDao.jpgpaul_chen_naginata_m.jpg

If we're going for the esoteric stuff, there's always the Macuahuitl.

Macuahuitl_The_Horse_Hating_Sword.jpg

Aztecs never had proper metalworking so instead they stuck bits of obsidian (nasty stuff with an amazingly sharp edge) in a hunk of wood and beat people over the head with it with predictably messy results. Though if you want something more refined, there's always the falcata.

falchata08.jpg

Actually, I lie. That particular one is amazingly crafted but falcatas and the various similar swords are basically axes in sword form. The forward curve hacks through armour and limbs quite well.

And yes, this was just an excuse to post pictures.

• 1 month later...

I don't know about you guys, but am I the only one that would like to have more than 1 melee weapon equipped at the same time?

If it were possible, I'd like to sport at least two melee weapons, possibly replacing the rifle with a second melee weapon. Sporting my melee weapon of choice with some run animations would be GREAT!

8. Gaunlets and boots (matching). Normals are a flurry of kicks and punches, all single target. Charge is a backflip kick. Aerial is a rider rick that combos right into normals. Slide is a handstand spinkick that again combos into normals.

YES, plz.

And dont forget to make it Tenno style.