Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razorback auto health decay & concerns over DE's implementation of the event

Nez-Kal

6 minutes ago, BlazenFury said:

i dunno, last time it was Kronia. this time Larunda. Kronia was saved cuz 'omfg razorback', Larunda is saved cuz of literal divine intervention... if Orcus gets the same treatment as the latter, THEN we can say that the whole Relay threat is just all talk and no action. if definitely wont get the same treatment as the former, if this invasion is any indication

Eyes of Blight was pretty clearly rigged though.  Each platform ends up with one relay each within the three tiers of low, mid, and high level content?  That's way to convenient to be a coincidence.  Has DE ever had us make a meaningful choice in the game?  Even The War Within ended up being a number on a sliding scale that does nothing but determine the dialogue of a single minor NPC at the end.

Edited by Shoelip

Whats a razorback gonna do anyway? poke its head out of the carriers window and launch some slow &#! missiles that will take another week to reach the relay in space. Or is it the ships themselves. And why would Corpus want to throw a rock at the hornets nest anyway when they KNOW they can buy most of us off.

The game logic is what is it. The real logic is insane. Let it burn. If they lose a story relayed relay for the New Strange. they then need to do extra work to move it and or make a system to repair relays.

and once again we have someone who has no idea what 'commandeer' means

com·man·deer
ˌkämənˈdir/
verb

1. officially take possession or control of (something), especially for military purposes.
    "telegraph and telephone lines were commandeered by the generals"
    synonyms: seize, take, requisition, appropriate, expropriate, sequestrate, sequester, confiscate, annex, take over, claim, preempt; More

• take possession of (something) without authority.
      "he hoisted himself onto a table, commandeering it as a speaker's platform"
    • enlist (someone) to help in a task, typically against the person's will.
      "he commandeered the men to find a table"

This saltiness sustains me. 

It does not matter. There have been MORE then enough voodoo conspiracy theories going on about relays to power an entire tinfoil hat industry. How is it that so conveniently we only have three relays for all the platforms? And they are all somewhat evenly spaced out? 

Relays have always been an experiment. An unfinished thing that they managed to get working and left it there. There are TWO entire floors we can't access without glitches! There are locked doors. There are continuity errors like magically the important single individual being at all three Relays at once. 

If, and I do mean if, DE has put a bleed on this event to make sure it doesn't go down, then whatever was supposed to replace it is not ready. That point of Sheldon noting that the relay rebuild system is in place? Maybe he was wrong and now they realized "Oh snap!" and scramble to buy time to fix this before it all explodes in their face. 

Also, what's the status on Consoles on which side is gonna launch their attack? If either of them are on Fomorian then another plot hole. I also think that Corpus would blow the relay up. They commandeer it by kicking everyone off, rolling cargo ships full of explosives in the landing areas and where they can fit them and light the fuse. Relay goes boom from the inside. 

Also, everyone is forgetting one important fact about this event. It comes in two parts where one is Archwing. And great many people HATE AW. 

13 minutes ago, BlazenFury said:

this isnt about eyes of blight lol

No, but Eyes of Blight was the only time where a threat to a relay actually resulted in a consequence, only it's become more apparent over the years that it wasn't actually a consequence so much as a predetermined event that played itself off as player driven to increase investment.  The fact that they left us with three relays, one of each tier, on every platform, and no more, is suspicious.  The fact that not a single relay has been lost since is even more so.

On 9/3/2017 at 7:38 AM, Tangent-Valley said:

Old Title: "Did the Razorbacks just take a nearly 10 percent hit in 5 hours?"

I went to sleep sometime around 2:00 - 2:30 (Central Time), and the Razorbacks had 58.8% health or so...

Now it's 7:30 (Central Time), and they have 49.4%.

What did I miss? Did the Third-shift part 2 Crew seriously, like, come in or something and attack this thing THAT MUCH in the time I tried to sleep? It barely took this much of a hit on the First Day, when the starting 3 Mission rush happened...

I don't know...something about this Rush in the dead of night before morning just seems way too fishy...

EDIT:

Keeping track of times and numbers now, just to show this odd Rush's rate:

(Times taken in Central Time Zone)

7:30am = 49.4%     |     7:48am = 49.0%     |     8:01am = 48.7%     |     8:15am = 48.3%

8:30am = 48.1%     |     8:45am = 47.7%

(Switching to half-hour updates after this. Got things to do after all. But seriously, keep an eye on this, folks. It seems WAY too suspicious how quickly this is going.)

9:00am = 47.4%       |      9:30am = 46.6%

10:00am = 45.9%     |     10:30am = 45.2%

11:00am = 44.5%     |      11:30am = 43.8%

12:00pm = 43.0%     |     12:30pm = 42.3%

1:00pm = 41.6%       |       1:30pm = 40.9%

2:00pm = 40.2%       |       2:30pm = 39.4%

3:00pm = 38.7%       |       3:30pm = 38.0%

4:00pm = 37.3%       |       4.30pm = 36.6%

5:00pm = 35.9%       |       5:30pm = 35.2%

6:00pm = 34.5%       |       6:30pm = 33.8%

7:00pm = 33.1%       |       7:30pm = 32.6%

8:00pm = 31.8%       |       8:30pm = 31.0%

9:00pm = 30.5%       |       9:30pm = 29.8%

10:00pm = 29.2%     |      10:30pm = 28.5%

(At this point things started to get interesting, only reaching 1.3% Health Decay per hour, but sadly, I had to take a break from it and Sleep.)

8:00am = 16.4%       |       8:30am = 15.8%

As you've probably have noticed, there's a nearly perfect 1.4% Health Decay every hour. This is CLEARLY on an Auto-Decay program, no doubt about it now. DE has rigged this Event to prevent the destruction of the Relay. =__=

Another Edit:
Look. I'll admit, I am a little upset DE did this...but if they actually acknowledge later that they made a mistake, be it overestimating the number of people who would play/farm the event, or the very important "Must not be Destroyed" location of the Larunda Relay, and that they had to rig the Razorback's health pool to fix it, then I'll honestly forgive them for it.

They've always rigged these events, don't you think it's just mighty convenient all platforms have a low, medium, and high rank relay?

1 minute ago, BlazenFury said:

suspicious, sure

will the relays really get destroyed/commandeered now? again: find out when Orcus gets attacked

Why are you so convinced that DE will allow the game to be completely screwed over for new players?  I mean... really...

Maybe there is a minimum decay? And maybe the community only has to get it to a certain threshold to ensure that a relay is saved.

Maybe they're is a max decay too. So the community doesn't kill it instantly.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. They could just as easily make it a regular timed event to get participation. I see no reason why they would need to lie. The idea that DE is going to lengths to fool the community is ridiculous. Just play the event.

Edited by Hypernaut1

11 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Similar threads merged.

They were "Similar Threads" only in that they both had to do with the topic of the Razorbacks and their Auto-Health-Decay. One was my initial "Now wait a second, somethings off here" and the Proof I collected over time. The other was Me bringing it to Public attention DE's actions and my feeling/questioning other's feelings on those actions. What you have done is only made a jumbled up mess of the entire 2 threads, but to be fair, it's not like I wasn't already doing that myself.

I understand you were just doing your job, but please, next time keep them separate, as I wanted them separate for my own reasons and "Topic Flow".

Edited by Tangent-Valley

Just now, Tangent-Valley said:

They were "Similar Threads" only in that they both had to do with the topic of the Razorbacks and their Auto-Health-Decay. One was my initial "Now wait a second, somethings off here" and the Proof I collected over time. The other was Me being it to Public attention DE's actions and my feeling/questioning other's feelings on those actions. What you have done is only made a jumbled up mess of the entire 2 threads, but to be fair, it's not like I wasn't already doing that myself.

I understand you were just doing your job, but please, next time keep them separate, as I wanted them separate for my own reasons and "Topic Flow".

I think maybe you think this is more important that it truly is.

2 hours ago, Retequizzle said:

It's an interesting theory.  I find it hard to believe that somehow players have done more in the last 24 hours to the armada than they did during the first three days

Well, at least in my case I did the three runs today. I feel like there are a few other players that might've thought, just like me, "Yup, let's try it".

17 minutes ago, Shoelip said:

Why are you so convinced that DE will allow the game to be completely screwed over for new players?  I mean... really...

>orcus

>new players

man i was being super civil with you, are you TRYING to convince me your point wasnt actually meant to be taken seriously

come on dude

9 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think maybe you think this is more important that it truly is.

DE changed numbers behind its player-base's backs.

When it's done with Relics and Rare Goods and making the values secretly lower, or not at all, The Player Base screams in retaliation when it becomes known.
When it's done to make an Event that depends on Players Resourcing and Time/Action to complete, and DE puts their hand in to change the Outcome, no one seems to care.

At the end of the day, accepting one version of this behavior is telling DE you're okay with ALL versions of it.

Edited by Tangent-Valley
grammar

3 hours ago, Shoelip said:

Yes.  I know it says that Razorback will take over the relay, and that would be extremely disruptive... but think about it for a second.  DE are not idiots.  I mean, that's a pretty easy concept to accept right?  DE are not going to allow their entire game to be screwed over by player actions... and losing Larunda would screw things over big time for new players since it's required to get past Jupiter.  DE being the competent game developers we all know they are, that leaves two options.  One, Razoback's destruction is not player determined, and the suggestion that it is is merely a deceptive bit of fluff to inspire greater player investment.  This seems to be the most likely option, since back in the Eyes of Blight event that introduced the idea of threats to relays the relay destruction conveniently resulted in each platform being left with one relay each for the three "tiers" of difficulty on the starmap.  It's also very unlike DE to create content ahead of time that could only ever be experienced on the condition that the majority of the community as a whole did not play some other content.  In this case we should stop attacking razorback just to prove this is the case and hopefully push them to change this.  The far less likely, but far cooler alternative is Two, the Razorback actually can be successful and DE already have content in place for that possibility.  This just doesn't seem likely since as previously stated it would require them to create content ahead of time that could only be accessed if the majority of the community chose not to play content previously provided.

Just.... NO.

I will do my best to save the relay. You already should know, if a relay is destroyed, another one will be restored. 

And others people's idea about let them to destroy the relay in order to screwing the new players is just....... NASTY. They should feel ashamed for that

P.S.: I am almost mr20. So I have non special interest on saving the relay. Just to help and support people.

Edited by DP_KRoM

Well if the Larunda relay destroyed then I guess there will be the relay rebuilding content behind it. Sometimes ago DE stated there will be chance to rebuild the lost relays so we can do it with the Earth, Mercury and any others if we let Larunda destroyed. There could be so much blame and flame if DE decide not let us rebuild those relays but there are a huge margin of new player or player whom not went so far from the inner planets so probably they aren't that fools but after the helminth cyst and virus event I guess we can get something similar. 

The junctions are enough time gates for now to open new map parts so the Taxi service will be higher in demand to get the pluto if they not let us rebuild the relays. After they changed the beginner spot from Mercury to Earth the most obvious we will rebuild first the strata relay because new players begin on Earth.

Also PoE is around the corner so I guess after the Razorback event there will be a short transition to the PoE somehow. I personally not bothering with the razorbacks because have other things to do and my time is limited sadly but I wish good luck for those whom trying to stop the armada and for those peoples too whom wish to see what will happens. Both way could be interesting but I guess there will not be any special.

2 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

For the sake of topic flow and forum neatness, you should only be making 1 thread to discuss a particular topic. In this case, both threads were conjecture/theory threads about how the Razorback health is decaying (two threads, one topic). Making a "I think this is happening" thread and a completely separate "This is why I think it's happening" thread creates unnecessary clutter and potential confusion for those who want to participate in the discussion, as people do not know which thread to respond to and may wind up making a post in your 'older' thread and having their post lost/ignored in the conversation which had 'moved' to your new thread. Instead you should have just made a "This is what I think is happening and why I think it is happening" thread. 

Introduce the discussion in your opening post. If you think you've found evidence to support your theory, update your original post to include it. Your 'own reasons' do not override the forum guidelines.

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Maybe there is a minimum decay? And maybe the community only has to get it to a certain threshold to ensure that a relay is saved.

Maybe they're is a max decay too. So the community doesn't kill it instantly.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. They could just as easily make it a regular timed event to get participation. I see no reason why they would need to lie. The idea that DE is going to lengths to fool the community is ridiculous. Just play the event.

With even 1% decay per hour the relay was set to be saved today. 20% left with 22h to "stop" the razorback.

It may seem foolish but this is how things are working out, the decay is extremly fast compared to what we had when the even started. Either the playerbase and the contributing players numbers doubled or tripled OR the whole stuffs rigged for us.